Help On 96 Rl A/c Noise [Archive] - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

: Help On 96 Rl A/c Noise

skiwalleye
07-07-05, 02:38 PM
I replaced all of the belts (timing, balancer, driver, a/c) on my 96 RL at the beginning of this April in my local dealer. Also, the water pump and idel pulley were replaced at the same time. After that, I got a problem on my A/C system:

1. If the A/C was turned off, everything is fine, nothing different than before. The car runs perfect.

2. If A/C was on, when I driving on local, noise is coming. The harder I push down the accelerating pad, the louder noise sounds. The engine rpm was higher than before.

3. If I was driving on the free way, the noise just coming from the beginning, after the speed got stable or higher than 60 mph, noise was gone.

This morning I bring the car to the dealer, they told me my air compressor was bad but not the belts problem and they asked me to replace the air compressor. However, I asked them to replace all parts related to the A/C sytem two years ago which cost me $1400 more. After that, the car just run not more than 30,000 miles. Even the noise bored me, the cold air still breath from the vent. I can't believe that was the compressor's problem.

Can anybody give me some suggestions, thanks a lot!

By the way, the dealer is really sucks. The service representatives don't know what's wrong on the car, but they knew how to ask more money from you. They try to keep you get away from their technitions.

3g Legend
07-08-05, 03:36 PM
another issue with the AC...
AC post *click* (https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68593)

skiwalleye
07-13-05, 02:11 PM
When A/C was on, drivng on local, if I push down the accelerating padle harder, the sound like a turbo engin; if the accelertor was push down slow and gently, nothing wrong, just like the normal driving conditions.

When A/C was off, everything was fine, no matter how hard I push down the accelerator padle, the car runs really smooth and slient.