Engine Perf. and Maint. [Archive] - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

: Engine Perf. and Maint.

Vinomack
09-02-05, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone just purchased a 1998 RL Special Edition. I'd like to do some simple mods. Can anyone recommend where I could buy an intake, exhaust, and some lowering springs? Also anybody ever had trouble with water getting into the trunk?

Thanks

swift
09-02-05, 02:38 PM
Welcome!!!

Now you can do a simple search at the top or your screen. I do not no much about the first gen rl performance parts..

The water in your trunk could be do to a clogged sunroof drain.. In the right hand side where the jack is in a legend...underneath is a drain plug..i permanently pulled it. solved that one. :D

keep her clean!

3g Legend
09-02-05, 05:31 PM
most of the performance stuff can be had from the 91-95 Legend for your car. I installed TSX TEIN coilovers on my 96 RL btw, so goes to show you that there are possibilities :)

Vinomack
09-03-05, 04:45 PM
Awesome guys thanks for the info. As far as 91-95 performance parts for the Legends go, is there a vast amount of modification needed to make the parts work or is it simply plug and play

Vinomack
10-02-05, 07:36 PM
Figured out the water prob. The weather stripping on the lower edge of the rear window has about 9 screws that hold it into place. Needless to say they weren't even finger tight.