2012 Acura RL Gets 6-Speed Automatic Transmission - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > Front Page News

Front Page News This section contains Front Page News. Only Administrators may start new threads in this section.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-10, 05:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2012 Acura RL Gets 6-Speed Automatic Transmission

First there were rumors that Honda would axe the Acura RL, and then came the official word that it wouldn't, but here is the first sign that the RL continues to carry on even if the car has become irrelevant.

While it's not official for North America, Honda in Japan has announced that the Acura RL (still sold as the Legend there) will get a refresh for the 2012 model year that includes a new 6-speed automatic transmission. This may help the RL pick up a few extra buyers as the added gear should help improve both fuel economy and acceleration. Then again, perhaps its just a bigger sign of how irrelevant the RL is when the supposed luxury car is only now getting a 6-speed transmission something Ford offers on the $13,000 Fiesta.

A selection of other upgrades and trim changes for the RL are made for 2012, plus it gets a unique new invention: an in-wheel silencer that is designed to absorb road imperfections.

No changes are slated for the 300-hp 3.7-liter V6 engine.

If anyone at Honda is listening, we're certain the addition of a more Honda-like grille (rather than the Acura beak) would help sell a few extra cars here as well.

More: 2012 Acura RL Gets 6-Speed Automatic Transmission on AutoGuide.com
AutoGuide.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-10, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: bimmer x5 2001
Car 2: acura legend 92

Sorry Acura this does nothing for me. I think we deserve a new car from the ground up that can compete with the Audi's, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes. I've kept my 92 legend in my familly for 18 years hopefuly gonna keep it forever but for my daily driver I've been lookin at all the other brands. Its Game On acura and your falling behind.
acman514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-11, 03:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

2012? i just know that film

2012? i just know that film,i hope that not come true

Old 07-13-11, 03:45 AM   #4 (permalink)

about this brand of Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycal View Post
2012? i just know that film,i hope that not come true
about this brand of Car,i nearly can't see this brand in China,why??
Old 07-15-11, 03:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

yea. i have to agree with the rest of you guys... the other thing is... isn't that a honda logo in the grill?
carcrazed484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > Front Page News