Report: Honda Boss Says Acura Doesn't Need a Conventional Rear-Drive, V8 Sedan - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > Front Page News

Front Page News This section contains Front Page News. Only Administrators may start new threads in this section.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-09, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Administrator
Report: Honda Boss Says Acura Doesn't Need a Conventional Rear-Drive, V8 Sedan

Acura will not introduce a rear-drive, V8-powered luxury sedan as the automaker doesn't need one. At least that's what Honda president Takanobu Ito thnks.

Ito told Automotive News that, "I don't think we need a classic front-engine, rear-drive car." Instead Ito believes Honda should chart its own course for Acura, which includes more fuel-efficient models, including hybrids. Acura's use of all-wheel drive, however, seems somewhat contrary to its fuel-economy goals.

Ito did say that Acura has been experimenting with hybrid technology on mid- to large-size vehicles, but did not say when we might see a production model

Traditional German luxury automakers like BMW and Mercedes set the benchmark for luxury sedans with front-engine, rear-drive vehicles like the 7 Series and S-Class and so far the only Japanese luxury automaker to truly establish itself at tier-one has been Lexus, which offers the front-engine, rear-drive LS. That being said, for Acura to establish itself as a top-level contender without such a vehicle seems unlikely.

More: Report: Honda Boss Says Acura Doesn't Need a Conventional Rear-Drive, V8 Sedan on AutoGuide.com
Administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-09, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
A logical conclusion. A RWD V8 is a barbaric request that I'd expect Acura to turn down. What acura really needs is a kids car along the lines of the RSX or the CL. Anything. It doesn't need to be anything except small, affordable and maybe 2 doors. Right now their whole line up is aimed at people 35 and up. People pick their brand preferences young and rarely waiver on them later in life. I'd give a penny for their thoughts.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > Front Page News