Current project, Acura Vigor LS - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-09, 03:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Current project, Acura Vigor LS

Hey guys! I've recently purchased this bad boy for real cheap, something along the lines of $600!! Clean title, Registered, Smogged, all the parts are newly replaced including the timing and water pump, and believe it or not only 127k miles! Rides smooth and starts up very clean. Anyways, let me get to the point, i am on putting on a 3-4 week span project. No internal engine mods, just for show to prove really how luxury Acura was back then! Planning on putting in Pioneer navi, speakers, amp, and Kicker subs, JDM one peice headlights, with new paint job sitting on some classy style 17 or 18's(haven't decided yet). But enough said, for now i took some basic pics of her for the before, will start working on her next week and keep you guys updated!

Attached Thumbnails
Current project, Acura Vigor LS-l_012f94a02f5942c289ed90329115a4e1.jpg  
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-09, 04:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Gangstar* User

Car 1: 93 Legend Sedan *R.I.P

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dance4Zak Send a message via Yahoo to Dance4Zak
So sad, no one showin love for the Vigor !

Its purttty ! =D

Except i have never understood the CB look-a-like antenna lol
and more!!!

Dance4Zak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 acura legend ls

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Look's good man, I had a blue one for like a week back in the day.

Old 06-28-09, 11:36 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 LS canterbury 4dr / 91 LS blck pearl 4dr
Car 2: 94 GS 6spd sher grn
Car 3: 95 LS 2dr milano red

good luck man cant wait to see pics
Old 06-28-09, 01:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
its about time someone showed some jdm love to 1 of these. im gonna watch this build.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-09, 06:39 PM   #6 (permalink)

UPDATED

UPDATE:

So anyways, after recently posting this, i myself couldn't wait so as soon as daylight hit, i went out ASAP and started working on her. Didn't wanna wake the neighbors with my sanding so i drove to the nearest alleyway near a park. I know i said i'm keeping it strickly luxury, but this is luxury on a budget xP, so i am doing the paint job myself. So, i started sanding on the old oxidized hood from old age and primer old girl from the hood down. Sorry, only had my phone on me so excuse the crappy pics:

After all that work, i had to run back home and get some tools to remove the lights, emblems, and such, also some masking tape for the trims where i didn't want paint on. From 9 am to 3 pm i've finished fully priming and sanding more down, i am thankful my nephew helped me sand or i would've never finished and given up. Here is the semi finished product, gotten a little too excited so i thought it would be cool to paint the hood and see how it would turn out.

Old 06-28-09, 07:51 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fut RIP

now all you need is some inspire emblems and other jdm accesseries.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 06-28-09, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
now all you need is some inspire emblems and other jdm accesseries.
No disrespect or anything and to other JDM enthusiasts, but i highly adore Acura's name plate and i don't think i would change it even though it would compliment the car nicely. I purchase JDM parts if it really benefits the car physically like headlights to see, well actually i just want the 1 peice headlights because they look simple compared to the US spec. Plus, i'm on a tight budget and the type of guy who regrets spending more money on the ride than what it cost.
Old 06-29-09, 01:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
No disrespect or anything and to other JDM enthusiasts, but i highly adore Acura's name plate and i don't think i would change it even though it would compliment the car nicely. I purchase JDM parts if it really benefits the car physically like headlights to see, well actually i just want the 1 peice headlights because they look simple compared to the US spec. Plus, i'm on a tight budget and the type of guy who regrets spending more money on the ride than what it cost.
lol i feel you on that. thats why my alpha touring grills all have the honda h cut out of them and have the acura a in them now. i just think the name inspire suites the car better then vigor just my 2cents.

Old 06-29-09, 04:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Honda Accord EX
Car 2: 95 Acura Legend L

nice! cant wait to see the finished product! I always did like Vigor's back in the day, although they were extremely rare.

They say, "Vigor's are like the red headed step child of the Acura family". - Anonymous Source (can't remember where I read that)
Old 06-30-09, 03:51 PM   #11 (permalink)

UPDATE:

So yesterday 6/29/09, i continued on with the project and finished painting on with the color coat(sunrise red). let it sit for a good 3 hours, went out and got some clear gloss coat and started aiming. After a long hard days work, me and the guys(4 people total) worked on the windows that i oversprayed on. Here is the current situation, i need to finish off with a razerblade on the excess overspray on my windows. Once that is finished, then i would have clean windows to tint with. BTW recently i been getting many looks and nods from people saying wassup on the road ever since i painted it this sunrise red color theme, so i guess its been going good for me

Here she is currently on 6/30/09:

Old 07-01-09, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
NBP...

Car 1: 91 Legend LS Coupe 6MT, Black on Black
Car 2: 2008 Acura TL-S 6MT

iTrader Score: 49 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Russian
That looks pretty shitty.
Russian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-09, 03:35 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian View Post
That looks pretty shitty.
Thanks! All good, anyways

UPDATE: 7/2/09

I've gotten tired working on the car. Working my 9-5 alone is already stressing the hell out of me. So yesterday 7/1/09 i decided to leave the car with my friend so he can hook up the audio and sound system. If you haven't already known about my totaled Legend, well i already stripped it of its audio components and wires and had my friend transfer everything. He transfered all my equipment to the vigor and switched out all the stock audio. I was at work, so he brought it by so i could check it out, pretty sweet sound just like how it sounded in my legend, so i snapped a few pics with my phone during my break. Don't mind the crappy mobile pics. BTW: My work car is the 03' accord, and yes i do work at a nail salon, and yes i am a guy

No interior pics, had to get back to work, but i will soon update. This included the 5's 200 watt Pioneers, 6x9's 400 watt Pioneers, 10' 300 Watt Kenwood Subwoofer, with standard Kenwood 50 x 4 Indash. I am planning on getting rid of the deck and installing a Pioneer F700BT Indash Navigation, and upgrading the sub to a 12' Kicker SoloBaric L7. For the amp, no idea yet, but when i get one, i'll make sure its something basic. All cables including RCA's are ready.
Old 07-05-09, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

UPDATE 7/5/09

Since yesterday was July 4th, i finally had a whole day off from work so i worked on the car AGAIN! Just doing some basic tune up and spraying down the brakes and such. I finally got to taking pics of my audio set up. Its basic though really, last time my friend brought the car to my workplace, my boss aka my uncle saw my ride was desperately in need of some beat so he personally gave me his very ancient MTX Digital box with a 10' MTX sub and tweeters. Man, this thing sound sweet!!! For a 10' it knocks harder than the 12' Dual 500 i bought. Oh yeah i got a 600 watt Dual 4 channel amp off cheap from my friend, something on the lines of $20 and you cant go wrong there since im on a budget. Well here is where i am at currently, still in the process of upgrading to a Pioneer F700BT. Only thing different here is, i got some gold license plate holders for the baby. Will have vids soon of the audio, believe it or not shit KNOCKS!!

Still in the process of getting a box for this 12'

Old 07-05-09, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Holla at Ya Boy

Car 1: Acura Legend Coupe LS 1990
Car 2: Legend 1993 LS Coupe

iTrader Score: 34 reviews
I admire your effort. But after you sanded the car and primered it, you should have taken the car to the cheapest body shop and have them paint the car. The way it looks currently is not good. I know you were on a budget, but the car with it's original faded paint looks better than your back yard spray paint job.

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars