Current project, Acura Vigor LS - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-09, 04:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlThePearl View Post
I admire your effort. But after you sanded the car and primered it, you should have taken the car to the cheapest body shop and have them paint the car. The way it looks currently is not good. I know you were on a budget, but the car with it's original faded paint looks better than your back yard spray paint job.
I know, i know! I admit, i fucked up on this one. Originally, i was just going touch up the hood and trunk areas where it was oxidized, but because how cool i thought it would to be to DIY the whole thing i ended up with this. So now, i am deciding to spend the last 300-400 on bringing it to a proper body shop and have them repaint or its goin towards a Pioneer F700BT Navi. Well, at least good news is, audio set up is about done as i've been gifted a 12' Kicker Solobaric w/ ported box by one of my uncles from club S2ki.com. But this was after i bought some JL audio's for the ride. Yes, i know we're on a budget but this was too much for me to even pass up. I am really thinkin about upgrading the amp as it sounds too underpowered, i can see the potential for these JL's. But nonetheless, it sounds great as expected!

12' Kicker SoloBaric w/ ported box

2 12's JL Audio w/ Dual Box

New shot with gold plates(if it matters)
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-09, 11:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

lol wow i havent been on here in ages! Sorry not to keep you guys updated but i have done a few more upgrades since then. It's still a work in progress and a long ways to go. The last thing i plan on doing to this car is a proper paint job and i am still working on getting 1 peice JDM headlights. But here she is.

(Before) Me and my buddy's LS Legend

Had to get some shots of her with my other

1st, Tinted windows 5% limo (Yes, i swiped her with my fence one drunk night)

2nd, Replaced standard Kenwood deck w/ In-Dash Pioneer Flip LCD w/ Navigation

3rd, Painted my rotors and calipers my favorite color (Yes, flame away)

4th, Threw on some chrome 17's

Before i painted my calipers

My GOAL
Old 11-08-09, 07:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

ok, i ditched the pioneer because the lcd motor was too slow and would go out within the year so i replaced it with a Nitro 6.2' DVD indash that is flushed into the dash. Upgraded the amp to a 600 Watt 1/2 channel Sony Xplod. I buffed the paint so now it looks tons less streaked. Took a few snaps of what the car looks like with new wheels.

Nitro 6.2' Indash DVD player

Took some pics after washing both my cars

Old 11-09-09, 10:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Type I King

Car 1: 92 LS Sedan
Car 2: 91 LS Coupe 5 spd
Car 3: 95 LS 6 spd coupe

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hotstartup Send a message via MSN to Hotstartup Send a message via Yahoo to Hotstartup
you needa get it painted man.
Hotstartup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-09, 12:23 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Loser

Car 1: '94 Black on Black KA7
Car 2: '73 Fuji Racer Fixie

Is your hood bent or something? The whole front end of your car just doesn't come together the way it should.

If I were you I'd stop spending money on the sound system, ugly rims, and purple spraypaint and take the car to a paint shop. Even a shitty $299 Earl Scheib paint job will look better than your spraypaint. (Personally, I'd have left it primer gray until I had the money to take it to a REAL paint shop. I'd rather have a car that looked nice than have a sound system that let everyone know when I was coming down the street.)

Looking forward to pictures once it's painted properly.
Old 11-11-09, 04:06 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
Is your hood bent or something? The whole front end of your car just doesn't come together the way it should.

If I were you I'd stop spending money on the sound system, ugly rims, and purple spraypaint and take the car to a paint shop. Even a shitty $299 Earl Scheib paint job will look better than your spraypaint. (Personally, I'd have left it primer gray until I had the money to take it to a REAL paint shop. I'd rather have a car that looked nice than have a sound system that let everyone know when I was coming down the street.)

Looking forward to pictures once it's painted properly.
lol the previous owner told me he came home drunk one night and hit the car far into a pillar of his house. he bent back the front radiator frame, but i plan on getting a new radiator support to have that back to normal specs. But because of that it makes my vigor tons unique than others I've come to realize the vigor is the exact opposite of my accord as everything in my accord is stock. I'm not in a desperate rush for a new paintjob as i already drive a normal looking car. You guys have seem to forgotten the fact it is still a project car and is far from being finished. Although, next up are CC2 one peice headlights. A proper paintjob is still a high priority i am planning time for.
Old 11-14-09, 12:49 AM   #22 (permalink)

Double post but this deserves it. Finally, after 3-4 months i hunted down Honda Vigor/ Inspire CC2 headlights! I was going to give in and shell out 300 on ebay for a good pair but luckily for me, i found someone local with them for a dirt cheap price. Found out his car got impounded and he would let them off for me for $80 with harnesses in excellent condition. Its getting late and i am off to sleep, snapped some quick pics before installing tomorrow.

Old 11-15-09, 02:06 AM   #23 (permalink)

Well, today i was procrastinating whether to install the headlights or not because it was my day off and i felt like a lazy bum. I ended up getting off my ass and went out to get it done with. I am lazy when it comes to rewiring things, and i knew i would have to for the different JDM harnesses. Well here it is:

Before (Original):

CC2 Inspire Headlights polished ready to go:

Look at that gap

Took off the bumper and rewired the left headlight

Testing out the left headlight

The difference:

Left side on

Finally done, test them

Old 11-15-09, 09:18 AM   #24 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend (Sedan)

Send a message via MSN to yOuNgzOe Send a message via Yahoo to yOuNgzOe
Didnt know they made JDM headlights for those.. really cool..... but seriously dude,, you arespending money in the wrong area....ill have to agree with everyone else...please get the body right because thats the first thing we all see when you pull up
yOuNgzOe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-09, 10:09 AM   #25 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Inspire 3rd brake light will have you right.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-09, 12:36 PM   #26 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
That, and a Honda Inspire grille . Looking great, man, way too few Vigor projects going on these days. Those headlights make a world of difference.

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-09, 12:16 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
That, and a Honda Inspire grille . Looking great, man, way too few Vigor projects going on these days. Those headlights make a world of difference.
Exactly, i feel that even though they're only a small part of the inspire conversion it makes a tons difference. I'm the first around my area still putting on for the vigor, everyone else just kept things oem and aged. Can anyone school me on the inspire third brake light? I'm looking into the inspire grille, will make it happen. As for the paint, i've received my purple metallic kit and will get things prep within the next couple days and keep you guys updated.
Old 12-02-09, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Willy will see this and post a pic of the light . Or I will tonight, if he hasn't yet. After that, and the Inspire badging, you might consider a few interior items. I'll post up scans of my Inspire brochure later tonight.

EDIT: Ha! Beat him to it. Ok, couldn't find any of the high-mount rear light. If it is anything like the JDM Legend KA8 rear light, it actually stays lit up constantly rather than only lighting up when the brakes are used. I've got a JDM Accord Inspire brochure (I'm looking to sell btw), here are a few pics:

I'll have to get an interior scan sometime, and see about the third brake light. This is a low-res scan of a brochure from somewhere, but it's not nearly clear enough:

A few rare USDM accessories you may wish to try and track down:

Here are a few handy eBay links for a couple of things you might consider:

JDM Honda Inspire grille

JDM Accord Inspire rear emblem

Plus a few extra-tasty JDM pics for inspireation:

And finally, a JDM woodgrain steering wheel, roughly $275-$300 shipped from Japan:

Forward Motion
Project 130R

Last edited by NuclearSymphony; 12-02-09 at 06:31 PM.
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-10, 04:57 AM   #29 (permalink)

^^^ Thank soo much man! Soo much great info, i love the pics! I am definitely investing into that woodgrain steering wheel hopefully. Sorry for the long reply, was out the country for the holidays and so i came back a week ago which i totally forgot about this place. Funny, what brought me back was i purchased a 93' Legend LS and another.....yes Vigor! 94 GS to be precise. I'm going to hold off on upgrading my first Vigor and try to get my other cars right as they have pretty good paint on them. Lol will update you guys later on with my other vigor soon!
Old 02-14-10, 09:42 AM   #30 (permalink)

Double post, but its been too long for me to not update you guys. Well, i'm happy to say this coming phase 3 of my 92' Vigor has now begun. Starting this upcoming week throughout a 2-3 week period, i will be sanding down the car, prepping it for paint, restore interior, add new electronics, and hopefully be done. Since i will be prepping the car, i figured i must clear most of the dents out. Luckily for me, a majority of the dents were on my hood not to mention i found out my hood is slightly bent in and out of shape. So i've gone the easy route and went out to get it replaced with another OEM hood. Another upgrade are 18' Japanese Shock Genetic wheels w/ 235/55/18 Good Year Eagle F1. I'm aiming for an oem tire look with little to slightly no gap rather than lowering it (although it might be an option). These will be the last couple shots of it in its 2nd phase. I have not yet started on her yet, due to the fact chinese new years was in the way, plus i wanted to rock a red car for the last couple days of this weekend until it is over.

Upcoming upgrades:
- JDM Honda inspire grill
- USDM Acura Vigor complete badges w/ JDM Inspire accents
- USDM Vigor front lip (I am missing that)
- Chrome door molding w/ chrome trim accents
- Metallic Purple paint job
- Leather interior restoration

Possible upgrades:
- CC2 complete front end
- CB5 coilover set
- Woodgrain steering wheel?
- New radiator support (looks like hard work as welding is involved)

Well here are the last shots of her in her current state:

Took me long enough to realize the hood is not true to shape you can see why:

New Hood:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars