Current project, Acura Vigor LS - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-10, 12:50 PM   #31 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 acura legend
Car 2: bagged 85 c DIME
Car 3: Triumph Daytona 675

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I really like these cars... almost more than the legends.. my buddy had a light green one that was dropped one piece headlights and shaved door handles .. very nice cars and different. your is coming along hence that crazy paint! lol
NANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-10, 09:48 PM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NANO View Post
I really like these cars... almost more than the legends.. my buddy had a light green one that was dropped one piece headlights and shaved door handles .. very nice cars and different. your is coming along hence that crazy paint! lol
Sounds like a beast, please post pics if you have any. After my legend crash, i wanted something other than a legend because of bad memories. So after researching hard, a vigor was what i was looking for, and it resulted in what i've been hoping for in a car. My love for the vigor now far exceeds my first impressions on it. The 5 cylinder engine sounds like no other and because parts are getting rarer its another reason to keep this baby.

Now, all that said lets move to the updates:

UPDATED: 2/ 15/10

Today, I originally wanted to start on prepping the car, but there were a few more things i had to do before even touching the bodywork. Had to grab a few more thing which took me longer than expected (the whole entire day) so no prepping could be done as the day neared. I went out and searched my entire town for vigor parts which is getting harder and harder at junk yards these days. Well, i am excited to say not only have i completed my task at hand but also received a call from a friend who owns a shop specializing in jdm dismantling. Its the part everyones wanting me to get so why not? But like all good things, there must be something bad right? Yes, the part doesnt seem to fit, but it looks like it just needs a little fabricating before fitting into, unless anyone knows how to help me, please input! So without further ado, lets get on to the pictures:

BEFORE (the bads):

Missing window trims

Torn door weather strip

Damaged door molding (hit my fence one drunk night)

Someone was treating my headrest like a catpost

Defective A/C control unit

Faded hazard button and defective digital clock

Upgrade parts:

All the trim parts/ molding

New headrest

New A/C unit, hazard button, digital clock, double din metal sleeve for added protection of my head unit.

New shiny woodgrain door trims (to replace my faded woodgrain)

and here goes that special part:

Honda Inspire grille!

Everything looks lined up to the USDM grille:

until now:

wtf?

doesn't wanna go in:

Ah, theres my problem, extra plastic in the way

screw holes wont line up
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-10, 10:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
What you have is the accord inspire grille you need just the inspire grille the accord inspire it not the same as the inspire. You will need to go by your vine code like ua3 or what ever it is. Nuke you beat me to posting pics lol. I have the inspire 3rd brake light for sale it's for your car.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-10, 04:14 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 acura legend
Car 2: bagged 85 c DIME
Car 3: Triumph Daytona 675

i am not to big on jdm... but i do like those headlights! it will look good once its done!
NANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 01:44 AM   #35 (permalink)

Ugh, spent the day trying to figure out why it wont fit, until i went back on here and read what Kang said. I didnt know accord inspire is different from inspire. lmaoo i believe there is a way to retrofit these with a little more fabrication than expected, thus it will hang out a little further than usual but i will see how it goes.

EDITED:
upon further research and review of a fitting grille, it doesn't look like a regular inspire grille will fit my set up either way. I have yet to see anyone with it with the CC2 black housing headlights, as i've noticed these headlights slant at an angle while both accord inspire and inspire grilles are not slanted enough at the sides to clear the headlights. So, i will do some custom work to make it work, if not i will contact my friend and have him exchange to regular inspire grille, hopefully he'll have it.

Last edited by ęPain; 02-17-10 at 10:01 AM.
Old 02-17-10, 02:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Fut RIP

When I'm off again I'll post pics for ya. The jdm vigor , inspire , and accord inspire are 3 diff cars with 3 diff lights and grilles.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 02-17-10, 05:51 PM   #37 (permalink)
EDM

Car 1: 96 Honda Prelude S

Love Acura Vigor! Keep it going man!
S-LudeDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 09:11 PM   #38 (permalink)
Fut RIP

See if you look at the pic the grille slants with the light in the 1st pic now the 2nd pic has the grill you need.

Old 02-17-10, 09:14 PM   #39 (permalink)
Fut RIP

now there a guy in the US on another fourm im on who has the correct grille and the same headlights you have on his vigor. ill get pics later.

Old 02-17-10, 10:07 PM   #40 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
See if you look at the pic the grille slants with the light in the 1st pic now the 2nd pic is the other grill i was talking about but not the 1 you need.

Old 02-17-10, 10:08 PM   #41 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Here is his vigor and its here in the states. But the 1st pic is the grille you need its a cc2 grille.

Old 02-17-10, 11:10 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
See if you look at the pic the grille slants with the light in the 1st pic now the 2nd pic has the grill you need.

That's the grille! I guess i've mistaken that with my current grille thats why. I've spoken to my friend and he doesn't seem to have that, but he does have a couple CC2 Jdm grilles, which does not interest me as it looks the same as my stock one. Well, good news is i actually got it to fit today. Took a little DIY work and pain of butchering a nice grille to make it work.

Last shot of it before getting trimmed:

All i need is my trusty dremel

First step, cut off screw mounts:

second step, measure then cut off excess plastic

final step, doesnt seem to fit, cut off more!

Results:

Old 02-17-10, 11:57 PM   #43 (permalink)
Fut RIP

the last post b4 this 1 with the grille in it is the cc2 grille not that 1 .

Old 02-18-10, 12:28 AM   #44 (permalink)

Ah okay! Well basically, i just wanted a different grille for a newer look. This being chrome just gives it a bonus for me in my opinion, as i am aiming for a chrome themed jdm vigor. Now that the simple task is over, i will begin sanding down the car tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated, thanks for the feedback. Also thanks a bunch Kang for providing me pics and info, i never knew the vigor/inspire/accord inspire had many types and variety in looks.
Old 02-18-10, 03:03 AM   #45 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
Ah okay! Well basically, i just wanted a different grille for a newer look. This being chrome just gives it a bonus for me in my opinion, as i am aiming for a chrome themed jdm vigor. Now that the simple task is over, i will begin sanding down the car tomorrow. Will keep you guys updated, thanks for the feedback. Also thanks a bunch Kang for providing me pics and info, i never knew the vigor/inspire/accord inspire had many types and variety in looks.
Anytime that's why I'm here. I'll post pics of the brake light I have

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars