Current project, Acura Vigor LS - Page 4 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-18-10, 09:31 PM   #46 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-10, 03:19 PM   #47 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hey Kang, i'll take you up on that third brake light if this other guy in my town doesn't fall through locally. Will let you know, thanks!

UPDATED (2/19/10):
Well yesterday, i start sanding down the car. Previously, the last sand down was with 60 grit alone, yes it was pathetic to a point there were visible deep scratches. Luckily for me, this time i doubled the grit from 120, to 220, to 340. I think by now there are no more scratches and it should be smooth enough. I've only attempted half of the car, the other half maybe tomorrow if it doesn't rain. Basically that's all it for now, and today i've came upon the chrome Acura Vigor grille i originally aimed for, but seeing how the JDM accord inspire looks so much better i wont be using it. Might just retrofit the Acura emblem onto it later on after paint. Lastly, as soon as my paint is finished, Junction produce emblems will hopefully arrive in the mail by then.

Sandpaper and the sander (also using a rotary sander):

Debadged, common sense to do so

results:

The chrome vigor grille:

ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 04:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Ok cool I'll post pics of the junction body kit for the vigor I know you will like it

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 02-19-10, 09:04 PM   #49 (permalink)
Fut RIP

here you go

Old 02-20-10, 10:11 PM   #50 (permalink)

wow, that surely defines "Widebody" Its sharp lines makes it soo awesome! VIP for sure, but sadly i dont have $ to gather up for that Junction Produce kit.

Kang, sorry but the guy really did come through with a third brake light for me. Thought he was selling wolf tickets when i tried to contact him about it, but i guess i was wrong. Thanks again for your offer. I didnt try to do anything today, i slept in from last night's late night partying and terrible migraine . Will get back to you guys tomorrow.

Honda Inspire 3rd Brake Light:

lit up:
Old 02-20-10, 11:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Fut RIP

It's no big deal im glad he came through for you.

Old 02-21-10, 09:15 PM   #52 (permalink)

Today sprinkled on and off, so i couldnt continue sanding the car. Sad day overall, had to sell the 5 speed vigor and see it go. But, it is definitely going to a good home as the owner is my nephew. It will serve him good and well and he will take care of it as i would have. I threw in the chrome vigor grille for him since i have no use of it and he's planning on putting 17' wheels and 1 piece JDM inspire silver headlights. I am also planning on repainting his car for him and will create a seperate thread for that later on, most likely after i finish this one. Some pics of both cars before i let her go.

Notice the height difference

Old 02-21-10, 09:28 PM   #53 (permalink)
Fut RIP

well at least its going to a good home like you said plus its still in the family.
maybe this will cheer you up.

Old 02-21-10, 09:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Old 02-22-10, 05:47 AM   #55 (permalink)

Man Kang! You sir, never seize to amaze me. You are king of JDM to me, make me your aprentice! There are soo many things, i dont know about the Vigor/ Inspire. I was wondering do you know how much would it cost for a honda woodgrain steering wheel and also a pair of JDM tail lights? It looks like it would fit the US Vigor.
Old 02-22-10, 05:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
Man Kang! You sir, never seize to amaze me. You are king of JDM to me, make me your aprentice! There are soo many things, i dont know about the Vigor/ Inspire. I was wondering do you know how much would it cost for a honda woodgrain steering wheel and also a pair of JDM tail lights? It looks like it would fit the US Vigor.
lol yea i can teach you and if you can get the pics of what you want i can get a price for you.

Old 02-22-10, 05:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Fut RIP

one of the best ways to learn is to study.

Old 02-23-10, 03:49 AM   #58 (permalink)

ah! Wise words my friend, will do! I have a question for you though, with all your knowledge about the inspire/vigor, parts, memorabilia, etc. I'm guessing you used to own one? You're right i need to school myself and study up more about the vigor. I learn more and more each day, thanks to you and the info provided by Nuke. Also, heres the woodgrain steering wheel that i am interested in, just hoping it doesn't break the bank. If you can, please let me know, thanks

Update: Somehow i feel lazy when it comes to continuing with the project, or is just delayed because of my job, not to mention i had to go get some new tires for my nephews vigor. Hm....anyways hope you guys understand, it seems that he bought some new wheels sooner than i thought, so he wanted me to take the car to mount the new tires on. I guess, since i'm all hes got (automotively speaking), so i've done him a favor and got them mounted. I've previously dealt with 17's, its small in my book but is sure an upgrade from factory 15's. He's happy with them, the car is slightly closer to ground now from the wheels, so it gives a nice clean look.

Wheels 17 x 7

Tires 205/45/17 $180/set mounted and balanced

Before:

After:

Old 02-23-10, 08:16 AM   #59 (permalink)
Fut RIP

no ive never owen 1 i just love jdm parts. ill look for that wheel. all projects take time if you want them done right.

Old 02-24-10, 11:43 PM   #60 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I may as well face the music, since I discovered the error of my ways. There is a Honda Vigor, after all. Here I've been thinking the whole time that the Vigor was simply named the Accord Inspire in Japan. Pah!

The picture below sheds quite a bit of light on the model differences. Now I'll be sheepishly posting over on AW with a red face in the Accord Inspire thread.

EDIT: The picture isn't too clear, but top left is the Accord Inspire, bottom left is the Vigor.

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars