Current project, Acura Vigor LS - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum
 

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-10, 05:03 PM   #61 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
I may as well face the music, since I discovered the error of my ways. There is a Honda Vigor, after all. Here I've been thinking the whole time that the Vigor was simply named the Accord Inspire in Japan. Pah!

The picture below sheds quite a bit of light on the model differences. Now I'll be sheepishly posting over on AW with a red face in the Accord Inspire thread.

EDIT: The picture isn't too clear, but top left is the Accord Inspire, bottom left is the Vigor.

ooops im must have missed that because i could of showed you pics and books of the honda vigor lol. see we got the 2nd gen vigors japan had the 1st gen.

__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-26-10, 04:14 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
I may as well face the music, since I discovered the error of my ways. There is a Honda Vigor, after all. Here I've been thinking the whole time that the Vigor was simply named the Accord Inspire in Japan. Pah!

The picture below sheds quite a bit of light on the model differences. Now I'll be sheepishly posting over on AW with a red face in the Accord Inspire thread.

EDIT: The picture isn't too clear, but top left is the Accord Inspire, bottom left is the Vigor.

Its cool Nuke, we all make mistakes. BTW; where can i get me that magazine! i just got to have a blown up pic of that! Wow, my knowledge of the vigor/inspire keeps growing thanks you guys! Awesome pics keep em coming!

UPDATE: So yesterday, i took the day off and sanded down the whole entire car finally! Next, i need to move to 400 grit sandpaper with a rotary air powered sander, then start primering it up! Can't wait slap this metallic purple on it, but like Kang said, it takes time. That said, i will be patient

Driver side:




Passenger side:





Caught red handed, literally
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-10, 08:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic
 
NuclearSymphony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind the WHEEL
Posts: 1,614


Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive


iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Let me fire up my scanner and you'll see some pictures inside that will absolutely floor you. By the way, can you snap a pic of your steering wheel and guages, and one of your mirror control switch? Please post those if possible, that will help the hunt for parts.

Tomorrow I will post the rest of the brochure pics either here or on AW . . . or both.

EDIT: I've discovered the easy way to tell the Accord Inspire apart from the Vigor, which is the taillights. The Vigor has two smaller, TL-style lenses, where the Accord Inspire's stretch most of the way across the rear.
__________________

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 02-26-10, 11:03 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sweet! Your the man Nuke, and yeah as you requested got you the pics. Sorry for the either dark or washed out flashed images and such. Its dark outside and my camera could only auto flash, could not force flash it. Interior wise, i'm really interested in that JDM digital climate control whereas the hazard button and clock are located in US models and the woodgrain steering wheel. Anyways hope this is sufficient enough;

Cluster:


Steering wheel:


Mirror, courtesy control, sunroof


Hazard button, clock
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 12:04 AM   #65 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic
 
NuclearSymphony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind the WHEEL
Posts: 1,614


Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive


iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Nice, OEM fog switch. I'll work on the rest this weekend.
__________________

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 09:56 AM   #66 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic
 
NuclearSymphony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind the WHEEL
Posts: 1,614


Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive


iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Well, our scanner is packed up ready to move already, but I did end up drinking way too much sweet tea and taking several more pics today. Forgive any blurriness.

More "wallpaper" shots, featuring all 4 models covered in this book (Accord, Ascot, Vigor, Accord Inspire):






Accessories . . .


Blurry detail of the auto climate control -- I'd had quite a bit of sugar by then:


Powerfolding mirror switch (one is for sale right now btw):


Auto climate control dash panel:


Dash:


Front/rear bumper poles and aluminum door sills:


Rainguards, rear spoiler, foglights:


Air refiner . . . that top left pic surely deserves a scan!


Stereo options:



Floormats, seat covers, trashcan:


And finally, wheels:
__________________

Forward Motion
Project 130R

Last edited by NuclearSymphony; 02-27-10 at 10:05 AM.
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 02:57 PM   #67 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Santa Fe
Posts: 61


Car 1: 1992 acura legend
Car 2: bagged 85 c DIME
Car 3: Triumph Daytona 675


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
thats a really nice car... plz dont paint it purple!! .. to each his own but i really like these cars.... just would hate to thing of Barney when i look at it!! lol good luck keep upt the good work!!
NANO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 05:06 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NANO View Post
thats a really nice car... plz dont paint it purple!! .. to each his own but i really like these cars.... just would hate to thing of Barney when i look at it!! lol good luck keep upt the good work!!
lmaoo, you're looking at it the wrong way. The metallic purple i'm aiming for is no where near barney. I'm aiming for either violet or lavender purple with a slight hint of blue, or as i call it "The Riddler" purple. Such a rare and passionate car deserves a unique color and nothing less, thats why i chose one color i have been fond of recently. This will give you an idea of the paint i have received.



BTW; to Nuke. All i could ever ask for! I saved each and every pic. Great info, appreciated bro! Man, im still here drooling over all those different options So, how much would that roof/cruise/power mirror control switch cost me? And where would my courtesy light switch be relocated, and are the power folding mirrors available also?
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:28 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
UPDATE: Okay, so today i've accomplished many things. I kept telling myself, i will make it! Also, very anxious for the outcome of her hopefully everything pays off So, i started today's work by mixing body filler together to fill all the small dents, rather than trying to pull them out one by one. Sanded it down once again with 120 grit, then finally finished the car off with 400 grit rotary sander. Next step, will be primering tomorrow and hopefully paint next week!

BTW; a question, concerning the naming of my car. So, if i have a Vigor w/ an accord inspire grille and third brake light, is it wrong to rebadge it Inspire? As of right now, i think i need to get Inspire emblems to compliment the third brake light, or it would kinda be stupid to have both inspire and vigor emblems on at the same time. I would feel confused if someone were to question me about my car, and it would actually throw most people off instead of making making sense. What do you guys think?

2 things i need


Couple things around the house, no professional tools needed


Dent on hood, now covered


Dent on rear quarter fender, covered


ACURA Emblem holes, now covered (wont be needing it)


Dent on driver door molding, covered


After:










Last edited by ęPain; 02-28-10 at 01:42 AM.
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 07:39 AM   #70 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic
 
NuclearSymphony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind the WHEEL
Posts: 1,614


Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive


iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
I'm aiming for either violet or lavender purple with a slight hint of blue, or as i call it "The Riddler" purple. Such a rare and passionate car deserves a unique color and nothing less, thats why i chose one color i have been fond of recently.
Willy . . . I think we have found our match in the Vigor world! Doesn't that sound just like how we think with Legends?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
So, how much would that roof/cruise/power mirror control switch cost me? And where would my courtesy light switch be relocated, and are the power folding mirrors available also?
I'll have a look around today and post back. But yes, power mirrors are available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
BTW; a question, concerning the naming of my car. So, if i have a Vigor w/ an accord inspire grille and third brake light, is it wrong to rebadge it Inspire? As of right now, i think i need to get Inspire emblems to compliment the third brake light, or it would kinda be stupid to have both inspire and vigor emblems on at the same time. I would feel confused if someone were to question me about my car, and it would actually throw most people off instead of making making sense. What do you guys think?
I know exactly what you mean, and ordinarily I'm way more picky than most people about proper badging, model designation, trim level, etc. For example, on my Legend, I would love to slap on the Ti Exclusive badge -- and maybe 3 or 4 people in this country would know better . . . when actually, with my engine (2.7L V6), the proper model is Xi Exclusive.

The thing is, an Accord Inspire was (and I hope I'm right in saying this!) essentially identical to a Vigor, except in exterior body panels and head/taillights. I think you would be fine with an Inspire (or, more correctly, an Accord Inspire) badge. There are so few people around who know the difference, you would probably never get fussed at.

And, may I say . . . keep up the great work!
__________________

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 08:36 AM   #71 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic
 
NuclearSymphony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Behind the WHEEL
Posts: 1,614


Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive


iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Ok, first on eBay:
JDM Vigor Rear Spoiler -- that's pretty expensive, I'll bet you can do better

JDM Rear Trunk Cover

From Japan (shipping will be a bit more):
JDM Option Wheels -- not a bad price for 4 wheels!

Honda Remote -- note that somebody else is bidding also, and this does not come with the receiving unit (mounted in the car)

Honda Vigor brochure -- auction almost over

The next several links are all to a Honda Vigor being parted out in Japan -- I call that paydirt!
JDM Right Mirror
JDM Left Mirror

JDM Rear Tail Lens #1 -- not taillights, these are next to the taillights, integrated with the trunk
JDM Rear Tail Lens #2

Sunroof/Cruise/Powerfolding Mirror Switch -- supercheap! It would cost you about $5 to get shipped here. You would mount your Courtesy Lights switch elsewhere.

TCS/Foglight Switch -- this would go where your foglight switch is now. This Honda Vigor had TCS (Traction Control). Again, supercheap!

Inspire VHS tape!

JDM Vigor Rear Spoiler -- there you are, a spoiler for much less! Should run about $80 shipped to your door.

Vigor keys!

JDM Inspire Woodgrain Steering Wheel -- this is from the second-generation Inspire (3.2TL in the US), but no reason it wouldn't fit your car. Might lose your horn buttons . . .

Vigor strut tower bar! -- if I had your car, I would jump on this! Nobody in the US makes these, that I know of.

Just for the record, not sure if you know this, but the proper chassis code for your car is CC2, just as the proper code for my Legend is KA4. The CC3 code is for the Vigors (Japan-only) with the 2.0L Inline-5 engine.

Knowing what I know about older Hondas . . . I'm starting to wonder if Mugen made any parts for the Vigors!
__________________

Forward Motion
Project 130R

Last edited by NuclearSymphony; 02-28-10 at 09:40 AM.
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 09:40 PM   #72 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
Willy . . . I think we have found our match in the Vigor world! Doesn't that sound just like how we think with Legends?



I'll have a look around today and post back. But yes, power mirrors are available.



I know exactly what you mean, and ordinarily I'm way more picky than most people about proper badging, model designation, trim level, etc. For example, on my Legend, I would love to slap on the Ti Exclusive badge -- and maybe 3 or 4 people in this country would know better . . . when actually, with my engine (2.7L V6), the proper model is Xi Exclusive.

The thing is, an Accord Inspire was (and I hope I'm right in saying this!) essentially identical to a Vigor, except in exterior body panels and head/taillights. I think you would be fine with an Inspire (or, more correctly, an Accord Inspire) badge. There are so few people around who know the difference, you would probably never get fussed at.

And, may I say . . . keep up the great work!
yes he dose lol
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 05:58 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
Ok, first on eBay:
JDM Vigor Rear Spoiler -- that's pretty expensive, I'll bet you can do better

JDM Rear Trunk Cover

From Japan (shipping will be a bit more):
JDM Option Wheels -- not a bad price for 4 wheels!

Honda Remote -- note that somebody else is bidding also, and this does not come with the receiving unit (mounted in the car)

Honda Vigor brochure -- auction almost over

The next several links are all to a Honda Vigor being parted out in Japan -- I call that paydirt!
JDM Right Mirror
JDM Left Mirror

JDM Rear Tail Lens #1 -- not taillights, these are next to the taillights, integrated with the trunk
JDM Rear Tail Lens #2

Sunroof/Cruise/Powerfolding Mirror Switch -- supercheap! It would cost you about $5 to get shipped here. You would mount your Courtesy Lights switch elsewhere.

TCS/Foglight Switch -- this would go where your foglight switch is now. This Honda Vigor had TCS (Traction Control). Again, supercheap!

Inspire VHS tape!

JDM Vigor Rear Spoiler -- there you are, a spoiler for much less! Should run about $80 shipped to your door.

Vigor keys!

JDM Inspire Woodgrain Steering Wheel -- this is from the second-generation Inspire (3.2TL in the US), but no reason it wouldn't fit your car. Might lose your horn buttons . . .

Vigor strut tower bar! -- if I had your car, I would jump on this! Nobody in the US makes these, that I know of.

Just for the record, not sure if you know this, but the proper chassis code for your car is CC2, just as the proper code for my Legend is KA4. The CC3 code is for the Vigors (Japan-only) with the 2.0L Inline-5 engine.

Knowing what I know about older Hondas . . . I'm starting to wonder if Mugen made any parts for the Vigors!
OMG! So much treasure! There are soo many things i want from that list, but damn i tried registering and it is a pain in the ass! I want that key, remote, power mirror switch, both powered mirrors, damn registering in Japanese is a pain in the ass. Not to mention someone i just got restricted by Yahoo JP somehow? ARGH!!
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-10, 08:31 PM   #74 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ęPain View Post
OMG! So much treasure! There are soo many things i want from that list, but damn i tried registering and it is a pain in the ass! I want that key, remote, power mirror switch, both powered mirrors, damn registering in Japanese is a pain in the ass. Not to mention someone i just got restricted by Yahoo JP somehow? ARGH!!
yj they dont ship to the usa
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-10, 12:00 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 102


Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Sigh, my luck. Just when i find something nice parts to add, i find that out. Anyways heres today's update:

UPDATE 3/1/10: Today, i was going to add the oem Vigor lip to my bumper but decided i'd rather not. i've bought a CC2 Vigor Bumper instead along with amber JDM bumper lights! Wow, somehow these bumper lights set the car off better than the oem clear ones. The whole car is now primered! I was going to take pictures but my phone died and my camera's charger is no where in sight. Will take pics tomorrow and keep you guys further informed. Yep, that all it for today folks, sorry to upset you with no pics
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:34 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide