Current project, Acura Vigor LS - Page 9 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

╗ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars

Other Cars Post pictures of non-Legend/RL cars here!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-26-10, 07:49 PM   #121 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Looking great! You know you have true devotion when you're swapping in the JDM auto climate!

I wonder if it will be anything like the G1 swap . . . I'm only the third to ever try it, so I can't imagine being the only one in the country with a JDM-only auto climate. Willy and I need to meet up with you sometime, for some mega-JDM photos or something.

Whaddya say, Willy?

Keep up the great work man!

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-10, 07:28 PM   #122 (permalink)

Car 1: 2005 Lexus RX330 w/ Navi
Car 2: 1992 Acura Vigor GS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post
Looking great! You know you have true devotion when you're swapping in the JDM auto climate!

I wonder if it will be anything like the G1 swap . . . I'm only the third to ever try it, so I can't imagine being the only one in the country with a JDM-only auto climate. Willy and I need to meet up with you sometime, for some mega-JDM photos or something.

Whaddya say, Willy?

lol yump i am totally all about my JDM parts! I've researched more into it and it sounds like i need to collect tons of sensors and such from other honda/acura's I have tons of rewiring ahead of me including the power mirrors...FML But yes, sounds like a plan, i am ready and willing to head out for our SUPER JDM photoshoot anyday
ęPain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-10, 07:53 PM   #123 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Oh, the mirrors will be the easy part! I've got a few diagrams I can post if needed, otherwise I think I mentioned Willy did a DIY with pics/diagrams for the G2 guys.

Forward Motion
Project 130R

Old 10-27-10, 08:48 PM   #124 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSymphony View Post

Whaddya say, Willy?

i dont see why we cant!

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-10, 03:02 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
i dont see why we cant!
Hell yeah, sounds like a plan then! We should invite all the forum members while we're at it, so they don't feel left out

Update: Did some sanding on the hood, bumper, and fenders yesterday. Today i've test fitted 1/4 tail lights. Yes, i am retrofitting the other 2 inner tails too if you guys were wondering

Sneak peek, dont mind the camera
Old 10-28-10, 08:00 AM   #126 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

How difficult will it be to fit those extra lenses? What made you switch to the Inspire taillights?

Forward Motion
Project 130R
Old 10-28-10, 11:55 PM   #127 (permalink)

To be honest, the only thing that lured me into the Vigor as an enthusiast was that it was an acura, unique engine/layout, and that it looked very unique in the front(3 piece USDM headlights & triangular shaped grille). When i was introduced to it's aftermarket parts or should i say the only upgrades for it was oem jdm stuff, it intrigued me more to get to that full jdm potential like the ones in Japan. So, after my JDM front end conversion, the only thing to do now is spice up my boring rear end not to mention i dont like the amber in my tails. I was never too big of a fan of the vigor's taillights, as it's basically based off a 90-93 Integra. Originally, i wanted to replace just the side tail lights but the jdm inspire outer tails are smaller than the vigors. This leaves me tons of gap between the outer lights and the edge of my trunk, thus why i will be doing the full retrofit conversion. On a scale of 1-10, this will be an 8-9 for me but what hurts the most is cutting up my own trunk and missing how much estate there used to be in the middle for my INSPIRE spelled spaced out Maybe, i'll make it work.

I still haven't retrofitted this, this is not a 100% direct fit. And that's just 1 out of the 2 control units, so FML;

And here's a better pic of my jdm red/clear Inspire tails;
Old 11-01-10, 02:27 PM   #128 (permalink)

here's a sneak peak for you guys.......

Old 11-06-10, 11:15 PM   #129 (permalink)
Fut RIP

me think u need the trunk lid for that to make it easier

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Old 11-10-10, 12:27 PM   #130 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 acura integra GS

Wow, i've never seen anyone mod a vigor before. Such a strange car.

What color is that?
Tippey764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-10, 03:29 AM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
me think u need the trunk lid for that to make it easier
We think alike then, but it's something i can't afford. I got quoted around $600 USD for a JDM trunk lid to be at my doorstep, and that's wayy out of my budget. Well honestly, i just find it ridiculous to spend that amount on a trunk lid for an old car. Not to menton i'd need to shell out more money to find a different bumper because there's no use for 2 license plate brackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tippey764 View Post
Wow, i've never seen anyone mod a vigor before. Such a strange car.

What color is that?
I know right, but Erik and Willy has showed me that there are very hardcore vigor enthusiasts out there besides me, so that gives me motivation to continue on my project and hopefully be in their league too! Indeed it is a unique, and the color is Metallic Purple

UPDATE;
My plans for the rear end is to keep everything USDM except the lights because i want it to reflect and compliment my mixed Vigor/Inspire front end. I am currently in the process of sanding down the car, have not taken pics of my work but will let you guys in on it soon. Here are the final parts that i've received recently excluding my side skirts....... I will proceed and continue to update you guys regularly now.

Sneak peaks....

For all of those doubting my plans to drop....

Tien Basic Full Coilovers

Premium Acura TL UA2/3 Gold Exhaust Tips

And...you already know what it is....JDM stuff
Old 11-11-10, 09:29 PM   #132 (permalink)
Fut RIP

well i under stand that!

Old 11-12-10, 11:12 AM   #133 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Acura Legend 4DR
Car 2: 97 Toyota Tacoma 4wd
Car 3: 2006 Nissan Titan

i've looked over your whole thread man, but i can seem to see where you are going with all these parts that you are swapping out on the vigor. The car itself is a beautiful machine but I feel that you are investing in parts that you cant accommodate such as an un-affordable trunk lid so why put those tail lights on if you cant afford the rest of the project and you plan on leaving it like that. I think you should go with a more original approach on this vigor and more of a classy color cause the car isnt looking very attractive, take the time to chose your parts and really look into a plan for your project i noticed you keep changing your mind on different things, VISUALIZE buddy its the right way to do it. GOOD LUCK ill keep checking up on this thread.
Old 11-16-10, 01:18 AM   #134 (permalink)

UPDATE:

Sorry to keep you guys waiting, the ISP is bad here doing network construction for 3 days straight. Over the weekend I've put in work with the car and it's coming along. I had a couple of my buddies come over as we all got time to hang and to help me slowly working the interior as well as exterior before i get her in the booth.

...Now on to the sad news, i will be departing this forum, but you can still catch me on AcuraPlanet.com on a new thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAID91 View Post
i've looked over your whole thread man, but i can seem to see where you are going with all these parts that you are swapping out on the vigor. The car itself is a beautiful machine but I feel that you are investing in parts that you cant accommodate such as an un-affordable trunk lid so why put those tail lights on if you cant afford the rest of the project and you plan on leaving it like that. I think you should go with a more original approach on this vigor and more of a classy color cause the car isnt looking very attractive, take the time to chose your parts and really look into a plan for your project i noticed you keep changing your mind on different things, VISUALIZE buddy its the right way to do it. GOOD LUCK ill keep checking up on this thread.
Supposedly, only time can tell for now as I already have a pretty good idea to where its going. Buying a new deck lid is out of the question for me for a couple reasons. For one, it wont be here for me in time for my paintjob which is the plan for this final respray. Secondly, it would be too much of a hassle for me to color match the deck lid separately after my paintjob, and that i do not have the time nor the energy to continue with. Lastly, the decklid conversion will end up costing me more than just it alone, i also will be needing the JDM inspire bumper and who knows how many more arms or legs it will cost me to get a hold of that. Currently, i'm at a good point where retrofitting isn't out of the ordinary anymore. You can basically say more than half of the JDM parts in my car has been retrofitted to look/fit OEM or blend in as if it was factory optional, so you can say i'm doing a 50/50 Vigor/Inspire mixed conversion.

Final teasers;
Old 11-16-10, 01:32 AM   #135 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Nice teaser.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Gallery > Other Cars