Hard to start when very cold - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine and performance modifications from intake to suspension to rotors to etc. :)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-19, 07:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hard to start when very cold

I have a 93 legend and it's developed a new problem. When the outside air temp is below freezing and the car has not been started for a few hours, like overnight it may take a few attempts to get it to start and idle. This morning it started and ran but not until after I turned the key to the starting position and it turned over and fired but died immediately. I turned the key to the off position and tried again. Same result two more times. The fourth time I kept it running by reving it up a bit and holding it above the cold idle rpm range for a minute or more. Then it was business as usual. It's done this two other mornings recently as well. Any thoughts on what has changed with the car before it gets worse?
A quick bit of history: I just replaced the radiator and fans with some from another car I have. They weren't exactly Acura parts but they fit with some slight modifications. The starting problem began prior to me introducing Chevy Camero and some Toyota 4x4 parts to the Acura (those were the donor vehicles for the radiator swap). The car had overheated a few times just before i replaced the bad radiator. I also bypassed the fan switch in the radiator and wired the fan to a relay so it runs when the ignition switch is on. None of the changes I've made should have any effect on the initial start-up. My modifications have no ill effect on the way the car runs with the exception of it doesn't loose coolant and overheat due to a broken radiator any longer. Oh and its not my car. It's my new girlfriend's car so I gotta make it run like I promised her it would.
Jcheek88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) > Engine & Performance Modifications