Happy to have found you all - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-08, 01:07 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Happy to have found you all

Hi all. I'm glad to have found this forum two weeks ago when I was debating buying a 1994 Legend Coupe L. Reading through the posts convinced me I was making the right choice.

My baby is a '94 Coupe L 6 speed manual, Dark Green with Tan interior and sunroof (moonroof?). It has over 219,000 on it but is in beautiful shape. I got it from the original owner and while the leather is cracking a bit, the carpets need cleaning and the clear coat has some issues around the door frames - my baby is in beautiful condition. When I took it for a "pre buy" inspection I was told the only issue was a leaking CV boot. I couldn't believe that was all! Previous owner took great care of her and now my son and I will do the same.

This car is actually for my son who will be 18 soon. He didn't want a shift but I keep telling him that everyone needs to know how to drive a manual transmission car - he won't regret it. So for the past few days I've been driving it (DMV - in for the repair of the CV boot) and I've completely fallen in love. My son better watch out - he's going to get Mom's 2003 Mercury Sable LS station wagon if I get anymore chance to drive this baby. I just love her!

Oh, and the name I use is a play on words on the insect - the Katydid - my dad used to call me Catydid - (real name starts with a C) - y'all can just call me Caty.
Catydid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-08, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
Welcome friend. Glad you picked up the 94'. Make sure your son takes good care of it. Better yet, you might as well keep it . Hope you enjoy staying here. Oh ya,

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 01:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'll post some pic's after I clean her up. While mechanical issues were taken care of in the past, the cosmetic issues weren't. A good shampoo, bath and applying conditioner all over are in order.

Caty

Old 08-08-08, 01:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xb*x L*v*: * 40 *u*c* *

Car 1: 2002 Honda Civic EX Coupe

welcome to the forums... as lazy has said, TTIWWOP.. i say give your son the mercury and you keep the legend for yourself, you will enjoy it more than that heap of Mercury..
being young is not an excuse to be stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
Damn butthole bandit .
was after a post in wharrgarbl thread..
cfprezskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-08, 01:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 95L sedan grn
Car 2: 94LS 6spd cpe grn
Car 3: 67econoline 63nova

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
welcome to the forums. keep the legend safe give the kid something else, like the wagon or less. If you give him a 6spd legend he will think he's a race car driver and drive way to fast buy him a nice 3 or 4 banger from an auction. Trying to think if there was any of my guy friends that did'nt totally abuse and or destroy their first car? hmm, cant remember a single one. I can remember several cars that rolled, went off things, hit things and other cars, cars that jumped that shouldn't have, cars that burned up or blew up, overall they were all driven to hard and generally mistreated.

I had to pay half for my first car. which was supposed to keep the overall cost of the car down and make me have more respect for it having had to earn half. It did my 2nd owner original 65 bug in great condition lasted at least 3 months before the motor blew from being driving like every start was a race. I could go on all day with car torture stories of me and my friends from my earlier days, please spare the 6spd it's rare!

95L 3.5 A/T 4dr 171K 94LS 2dr 6spd 181K project Little Bro 93LS A/T 4dr
jkurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Pictures!

So here's a few pictures of my pretty Dark Green 94 Legend Coupe. BTW - the boy still gets it. He has refused my station wagon. Don't worry, he takes after me and the car will be well take care of. He wants to be a Psychologist and everything he does is with great thought before he does it. He's an unusual young man - I think he's pretty special!
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/381/leftsidenu3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6...ghtsidewe4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2...ntseatsar1.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/5...arseatskr3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9365/consoleqw3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/6914/enginech9.jpg[/IMG]

It's got some Clear Coat issues just above the doors, but for 219,000 + it's mechanically sound and running beautifully.

Caty
Old 08-18-08, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 LS KA7
Car 2: 94 LS KA8
Car 3: 05 Chevy T'blz

iTrader Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Ouda147
its looking good! congrats on the legend!
Ouda147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
neo

Car 1: 1994 Honda Legend Coupe
Car 2: 1994 Honda Inspire

A very nice and rare find.I hope your son appreciates the gift u have bestowed upon him
neo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend LS Sedan
Car 2: 2008 Grand Caravan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
It pays off to be a good son...with that said...I was good and still had to buy my own cars ...

Welcome to the forum. Nice car. Lucky son.

'91 LS - Golden Glow Pearl Clearcoat w/ Ivory Leather 94K miles

Mods 7 Spoke OEM Machined Rims, Sunroof Tilt, Armrest w/ Cupholder, Iggee Seat Covers w/ Controls mod. UnMods Removed tint

Gallery Pictures Link

DIY's
1) How to Install Iggee Front Seat Covers
2) Iggee front seat covers w/ seat controls mod
91LSplendid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
WOW!!! That's a beauty! Welcome to the community! Nice to have you with us. Yeah, I had to buy my Legend with my own money... Oh well, I bought it from my mom so I got a deal though. Anyways, welcome and hope to see more posts from you soon!
LegendLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 11:00 PM   #11 (permalink)

Thanks guys. He knows he's lucky. Let me tell you something though. I've been a single parent for many years, he and I have struggled together. My dad bought me my first car (1967 Red Volkswagon Beetle - shift) and I wanted to do the same for my son. He has achieved grades and achievements which give him a full boat ride in college. That was his part of the deal and he met it. He deserves a car this nice. I paid 3K for it, which some tell me is too much. Personally, after checking out what else we could get for 3K I personally believe we lucked into a gem. And he lets me drive it.

Caty
Old 08-18-08, 11:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 ka7 auto with 270k miles
Car 2: 1997 dodge dakota V8

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
tell him to register too. nice car for suuure.

1992 Frost White Honda Legend LS
Re-badged (including jdm grill),ebay clear corners,DIY Black interior swap ( 45% ),Pioneer deh-p5900ib,Elemental Designs edi6000s v.2 components,Elemental designs 11kv.2 sub,LED type 2 (160mph) gauge cluster, moonroof tilt
dasficktauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-08, 11:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Well Wisher

Car 1: '94 GS KA7 6MT
Car 2: '91 L KA7 4AT

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
beautiful coupe! your son's gotta fall in love with that!

welcome to the forum!

'94 GS 6MT - Apexi SAFCII, sr5guy Stage 3, Blackend engine damper, MLS Copy strut tower bar, sr79labrat pulleys, OBX headers, custom Y-pipe, Magnaflow Cat & Resonator, Stromung catback, TB Bypass, RJ CAI w/ AEM bypass, XD/S rotors, KYB/Eibach's, RJ short shifter, ground wires

Kenwood DDX6019 w/ NAV + Ipod, Alpine Type-S speakers, 2-tone leather, JDM headlights & rain visors, Alpha Touring grill, Mugen pedals, paint job, '91-'93 OEM fogs + bumper, new OEM floor mats, 17" Konigs
GrtOutdoorsAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions