Hello All Legend not starting - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-11, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hello All Legend not starting

Glad to be part of this forum. We have a 91 Legend, pearl white with Tan seats. We're the second owners, purchased it from the guy across the street the car is in great shape. 110,000 miles. It's been a great second car.

We didn't have it long and the wife called and said the oil light came on when she was at the bank... I asked is it still on? she said no... the car stopped running ;-)! .... turns out the timing belt broke... we all know what that means. I opted to replace the motor with one of the Japanese take outs with 50,000 miles or so they say. Opted to replaced the timing belt, water pump etc. all at that time. All has been working fine until last night. it's been really hot here in Arkansas over 100 for 28 days in a row. I noticed one morning a low growl/hum noise I hadn't heard before, but the car seemed to be running fine. Later in the day the car was acting hard to start. Checked the battery.... it was low... charged it up... car started right up.. no issues. Fixed! Not so much... last night car wouldn't start... took several times then barley turned over. Got home tested it on the battery charger had 9 volts... My charger has an alternator tester so I hooked it up.... showed zero. with the car running. So I unhooked everything and took the alternator and had it tested... failed!... well, that could of been that low growl/hum sound I thought to myself. So replaced the alternator... put everything back on and tight... put in the battery this morning and it won't start... checked it ... only 10% charge... put it on the charger and it's not taking a charge.... took it to get it tested.... it too was bad, (bad cell) purchased a new one... hooked it up all lights come on, fuel pump, all lights in the dash... everything is working... but when you turn the key to start, nothing.... doesn't even try to start... no clicking, no turning over what so ever... I did hear a faint clicking under the dash... reached down and put my hand on it ( little black plug.. relay?) and I could feel it clicking in my hand as I turned the key to start... but other that that I have no reaction. I checked the 50-amp fuse under the hood.... good... checked the 15-amp fuse by the kick panel... good, I replaced it anyway... Then I was wondering about resetting the security system... So I reset with the door key... still no luck. So now I'm at a loss.... everything was working fine last night... now I have nothing. Any Ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Branden
willcraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-11, 03:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Try this. Smack the area under the dash cause it seams as if the main relay is going out.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-11, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Acura Legend

Thanks for the Tip! Just tried it... no luck. Is that a common issue with these cars? is it something I need to replace as a starting point or should I check something else at this point? I'm guessing this is a dealer item?
willcraw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-03-11, 03:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Yes it is. I'd also try the fuel pump to.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-11, 05:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Live'n life by my Rules

Car 1: 93 legend L 6spd coupe

Send a message via AIM to L3g3nd4Yaz
I am dealing with this also but I can tell you this.... as far as what legendkang said about the fuel pump. have someone turn the key into the on position and put ur ear to the gas tank you should hear it pressurizing before you even try to start the car. if you hear it then your fine on that.

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions