Long time stalker, first time poster! - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-12, 12:15 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend ls
Car 2: 01 MDX
Car 3: 67 C10 Bagged

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Long time stalker, first time poster!

What's up everyone! I've been stalking these forums for years and have finally decided to become a member and stop being a hermit! I've had a 91 legend ls since I joined the Army in 2002. It's been an awesome car and I have put a lot of money into it, mostly just audio/video customization's. I also have some 18" rims on it and it's lowered (forgot how much?). I got out of the Army in 06 and since then I've lost interest in making the legend "show quality". I don't drive it that much anymore because my work gives me a take home vehicle which I can only drive to and from work. I use the legend to go to and from school in the spring and fall semesters, and when my wife is out with the 01 MDX. It has around 200,000 on it but the VSS has been out for almost a year so that's my guess. So let me tell you about the HELL I've gone through the last 2 months. Granted, I know some of you have been through worse, but this has been my own little slice of hell that has kicked my @$$!!

About 2 months ago, I was driving to school and noticed a terrible grinding sound coming from my front pass side wheel. I get to school and inspect the brakes/rotors to find out there is now a 1/4 gash in my rotor. The next day, I get new pads and front rotors and decide to start on the passenger side only to break off every single one of my studs trying to remove the wheel. They seemed to be seized on and it wouldn't budge without them breaking. So I break them off only to find out that the hub needs to be separated to replace the studs. I broke 2 18" breaker bars (craftsman) trying to remove the axle nut, soaked it for 3 days with pb blaster and still could not get it off. I went and bought a IR 600+ ft/lbs air impact which took me another day of using to finally get it off. Then I find out my bearings are bad and I can't for the life of me separate the hub with a 5lb slider. Off to the junk yard for a replacement, luckily someone had pulled the pass. side axle so I was good! So all new rotors and pads up front on the used knuckle. After a test drive, I see smoke coming from my pass side wheel, the damn caliper was froze which I think welded the studs and severely seized the axle nut. So I replaced the caliper which fixed that. Oh yeah, while I did the rotors I decided to replace my pass. side ball joints as well. My car used to feel like there was a 8.0 mag earthquake going off in it when I drove it over 50 mph. After I replaced these parts, it rides as smooth as butter now!

That brings me to where I'm at now. I decided to pull my CEL codes (only comes on intermittently) and fix those while I was working on it. It spits out the codes for left o2 sensor, left fuel delivery, and VSS. I decide to start with the o2 hoping that will clear the fuel fault. 1 can of PB blaster and 3 days later, I finally was able to remove that stubborn ass left o2 sensor! Only problem is, I think it pulled the threads as it came out because I had a hell of a time even after breaking it free with that IR air impact! The old o2 threads are tore up pretty good too. Now I need to get a o2 tap to clean out the threads on my manifold which are rusted and nasty, but don't look to be to terribly beat up. Sorry it was so long, I just feel a huge sense of accomplishment for working on the Legend and actually fixing things and wanted to share! The Legend has always intimidated me because of all the electronically controlled parts. I am rebuilding a 67 bagged c10, but that is so simple and primitive, my 3 y/o could probably work on it. Anyway, glad to finally be apart of the site that made all this happen, and hope to become a premium member when I have some spare cash. Thanks for reading to those who made it through! Goodnight yall, see ya around!

-Char
TheACright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-12, 12:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend L Coupe
Car 2: 90 CB7 H22A1 M2F4

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Deng , sounds intense , but its up and running now right ?
And welcome to the forums
Old 10-02-12, 11:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Not running yet. I just got the o2 out last night. Now I have to find a tap to clean/restore the threads in the manifold. I think it should be a 18x1.5 tap. Now I've got to find one...

Old 10-02-12, 12:02 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Legend L Coupe
Car 2: 90 CB7 H22A1 M2F4

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
yeah , thats the correct size , try your local parts store , they should carry them ,
Old 10-05-12, 10:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Got the o2 Installed and it's running great. Started trying to replace my front pass upper ball joint and I'll tell you what, I starting to really hate working on this damn car!

Won't let me link until I get 15 posts but it's in the 2nd gen forum titled
"Front upper ball joint urgent help needed please"
Old 10-06-12, 12:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
What's the problem your having.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 12:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

My upper ball joints are bad and need replacing. The ones from autopart stores Dont fit like they should, the boot keeps tearing. I really don't want to replace my control arms because they're fine and $$$. Im going to remove the boot and press them in, then put the boot back on. See how that goes I guess...
Old 10-07-12, 04:45 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Ok keep us posted oem ones aren't the expensive.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-12, 06:57 PM   #9 (permalink)

The main reason I don't want to replace the c arms is because the passenger side looks really hard to remove because of the abs system being in the way. I took the boot off and still can't press the oriellys upper in. It seems to be a tad bigger than the oem. What I ended up doing, since oem only had tore boot, was giving the original oem ball joint a bath in break cleaner, drilling and tapping a hole in it for the grease fitting, and more brake cleaner. Then I transferred the grease fitting and boot from oriellys ball joint onto original and greased the hell out of it. I need it for tomorrow so I HAD to have it running by today. It's working fine for the moment but not sure if it will last. Going to have to figure out how to remove the pass side control arm to replace when I realize this one is going bad again. Who knows, it might be fine and last!
Old 10-08-12, 04:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

Welcome to this forum, does your car work work well now? If not, I think you can consider to have it repaired in your local repair store, at most they are to a certain extent professional.
sophiapurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-12, 09:32 AM   #11 (permalink)
Another 3.5er

Car 1: Gold '95 G2 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to JonsLegend
Control arms are easy you just need a 17 mm wrench. Replace the control cause more then likely the uca bushings are bad to
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions