New guy from so-cal - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-08, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
New guy from so-cal

hey, names wayne. im new to just about everything. im 16 and i get my license next month. i have been waiting in line for my '90 Acura legend L for about three years now, and finally its mine!

after crashing it on the freeway, my older brother (who had it before me) didnt do anything to it. he just left it there and used my mother's Scion xB for about a year before obtaining a 2007 bmw 328i for his 21st birthday.

i honestly believe if he showed a bit of love for the car, he could have fixed everything himself (considering all thats broken is a headlight and a signal light) im not sure at the moment of the internal damage, but from what i can tell, the bumper on the right is a bit off to the back. everything inside the hood is fine also. ive been thinking about spending a few thousand dollars modifying it, but all my friends are against the idea of spending more than a few hundred on an 18-year-old car. i dont care though, at 146k miles, im sure that its still got a lot left in it.

although i need some help on a few things though. i need to know whether or not i should just replace both front signal lights or just find a new bulb? i dont really like how they look and i'd prefer if they were LED. but i dont know where to find parts except for the junkyard (which is unavailable to me because i cant get anyone to take me there, being unlicensed and all) i'd also like to know how much (on average) would it cost for a new paint job. theres nothing wrong with the paint except for some fading near the moon roof and the side mirrors, but the gray is sort of dull. im thinking of a darker black or silver.

thanks for everything guys, i hope to be here for a long time.

Last edited by UmbreNoire; 07-16-08 at 10:04 PM.
UmbreNoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-08, 03:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
GI Joe Scuba Sweep Champion

Car 1: 90 LS Coupe 5speed

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Welcome to the forum. Is it a coupe or a sedan? 5 speed or auto? I just got my car painted, same color as factory...you'll pay higher for a nicer paint job..cheaper for a quicker/shittier job...just depends on how much you want to spend...plus if you want to paint the whole car a diff color, that's alot more too...paint is one thing you don't want to skimp on...many people on this forum have bought LED's from superbrightleds.com with no problems...g'luck to you and post pics of your car when you get a chance.

Ophidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-08, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
its an automatic sedan. i was thinking about just darkening it to a darker shade of gray or black even. im tryin to get my signature to show up on the original post, but i guess it isnt working. ill put some pics as soon as my parents move their car from behind mine... theres like two inches between the two =\

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...d/P1010542.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...d/P1010538.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...d/P1010539.jpg

Last edited by UmbreNoire; 07-16-08 at 10:34 PM. Reason: pics
UmbreNoire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions