Newbie chick with some car issues! - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions New to the site? Stop in and tell us about yourself and about your car.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-12, 02:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Acura Legend sedan 4dr

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Newbie chick with some car issues!

Hey so iv been apart of this website for awhile. I do more reading than i do posting. I'm a Proud 91 legend (lux sedan) owner located in Edmonton Alberta! I finally grew the balls to post here. only because Im in need of some serious help. I love my car and i really dont want to have to sell it but i almost feel i should. Im having alot of issues with no mechanical skills at all what so ever.. but you all know yourselves that once you have a legend you really dont want to give it up. I love my car. Im looking for some honest help by kind people. I may not completely know what I'm talking about but thats why I'm here.

currently I'm having an issue where when i get to about a 100km/h my car starts shaking. when i let off the gas it stops.. then it will start agian. today ill be with a friend checking it out to see if its cv joint or boot is what he had said. last time i took it to the mechanic they said my axel has a crack. do you think that a cracked axel could be the cause to this?

I know i need to replace my right side but my next question is does it need a "special" axel ( like is there a different one for every car or is their certain models and cars can have the same ones if that makes sense)
Where i live I'm not sure if this is everywhere but in the pick a parts there is not one legend in the 5 in the local area. so I'm not sure if i will be able to find these parts locally. and if i cant does someone know a website i would be able to get them off of.
my second problem. i don't have a right signal light i talked to the acura dealership and they told me it was going to be 180$ Canadian. i thought that was a little steep does any one have a extra? or maybe know where i can find one cheaper. i am going to need it to pass a inspection for my car.

PLEASE! I am asking for some honest help by some honest people!
Basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-12, 02:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Check your rack, the inner and outer tie rods you could have bad wheel bearing as well. Welcome to the fourms.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-12, 11:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 acura legend ls

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Welcome to the forum, yes a bad axle will cause the shake at high speeds. The best place for remanufactured axles is Raxles, America's premier supplier of OE quality CV Axles and CV joints - Raxles Inc.. The signal lights can be found on eBay for way cheaper than Acura sells them for.

If you mean the ones beside the head light I still have my OEM ones. If you mean bumper lights. eBay

Old 10-15-12, 12:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Acura Legend sedan 4dr

Well I guess we had taken the wheel off and the boot was ripped what we had read on the repair guide it said steering gear boot? At the end of the tire rod? Do you think this could be the cause? I don't really want to replace it and it end up being the wrong thing. And yes the bumper light. I will check eBay thanks

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free
Basshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-12, 02:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend ls
Car 2: 01 MDX
Car 3: 67 C10 Bagged

If the boot is ripped, replace it. It may not fix the problem but it will definitely save you a headache in the future.
TheACright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Welcome to Acura-Legend.com > New Member Introductions