Acura Legend Forum banner

Any interest in an 88 LS Coupe w/55k?

6K views 41 replies 19 participants last post by  Tyson 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share if someone is looking for a G1 88 LS Coupe w/55k from original owner, came across this on craigslist here in Arizona: 1988 Acura Legend LS Coupe

#2 ·
:boink::boink: but why is there a rear floor mat, for the driver? at any rate, that thing is perfect.. :bowdown:

#7 ·
That is one clean lookin' Coupe!! And its an LS. Too bad it doesn't have wood trim in it.

#8 · (Edited)
Went to "Bill's" house this morning, test drove the car. He lives in a nice part of town, gated community. Has several other cars. This G1 is probably the mintest example I've seen. It drove tight and smooth through all the gears. No squeaks, rattles, noises, and I'd dare say it's more torquey that my TII 6MT. Fresh A/C, TB, WP, tires, new clutch. Not a ding or scratch on it, nor an ounce of rust of course being n AZ car.

A few things:

- Information Center is currently disconnected. He said it had been draining the battery.
- Front left marker light has a chip in it
- Driver's seat needs work on just two panels (lower left and back left) - interior is otherwise showroom perfect

I'd love to have it, but no room for another car. This one needs to go to an enthusiast.

Pics here - uploading a video now too.

Up the street, couldn't resist the photo op.

MVI_4748.flv video by tysonhugie2 - Photobucket

#10 ·
it is an LS....

#15 ·
GODDAMNIT!!!!!!!!!! i wish i would have seen that before i bought mine to restore....
i bet its gone. Good to know they are out there. I am about to go nuts...

#18 ·
Just got off the phone with Bill. He's having second thoughts - he loves the car, but his wife doesn't care for the 5-speed. If he decides to sell it, I guess I'll be flying to Phoenix and making a road trip back to Alabama.....

#21 ·
Lucky, you should stop by at Tyson's place :D.

#24 ·
Yeah, I guess I owe him a beer for the road test and review..:beerchug:

I think Bandoni's in that area as well. Too bad I have to hammer it back as I have to be home by Saturday evening - it'd be nice to meet up with a couple more forum members...

#26 ·
That is sooooo cool! It is exactly what got me into Legends in the first place! My first car I bought was the exact same car (color and everything) I had 60k miles on it in 95 when I got it, drove it till 2001, got an Accord Coupe, 2003, got a TL, 2005 got a TL AND my 1995 Legend Coupe! It took me 10 yrs to afford the car that was on the showroom floor when I bought my 88, but I did it! :) Given the chance, I would have bought that car up in a heartbeat! there's something about G1 Coupes that a G2 can't replicate! (don't flame me!):p

#30 ·
mine is a similar story, except a white on black 89 with 80k miles. gone through many of cars since and nothing feels like the G1.

im with MAD LEGEND something about the g1 that g2 just didnt capture.cant realy say what it is but i will take a g1 over a 2 any day
its the headgaskets that don't fail thats different :p no, tyson said it best, its that peppy spirit the G1 has, especially a 5-speed. the G2 might have more torque and power, but it just doesn't have the same peppy feel or driver connection.

CONGRATS! thats awesome. but i hate you. mine will be in similar shape once its restored!
yeah, I couldn't convince the wife $4000 is kinda steep even being out of debt. her reasoning is we picked up a '97 528i for $4500 after TTL, so pretty much same price for a car 10 years older and with more mileage...no go. I also weighed the options, my coupe in my garage can be close to that, minus the mileage, with spending less than $4000, so I'll stay with it.

awelliott, great pick up, I'm sure its going to a great home. one thing, I would double check the timing belt for age wear and all fluid levels before such a trek. it would suck to pick up this beauty and get to middle of no where in New Mexico or between el paso and San Antonio and have a dead engine because belt snapped on you.

tyson, you need to change your name back to 4cruzin, I get confused seeing your name now...

#27 ·
CONGRATS! thats awesome. but i hate you. mine will be in similar shape once its restored!

#31 ·
Great opportunity seized! Nice going!!!

Good to know someone from A-L community is getting her...saved me from having to 'xplain to the missus what another Legend was doing in our driveway :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.