Any interest in an 88 LS Coupe w/55k? - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

» Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > "Not Mine..."

"Not Mine..." Post ads that aren't yours and that you've found on other sites here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-22-09, 01:31 AM   #31 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Legend LS Coupe 6spd
Car 2: 95 Lexus LS400
Car 3: 03 Honda VTX 1300

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Smile

Great opportunity seized! Nice going!!!

Good to know someone from A-L community is getting her...saved me from having to 'xplain to the missus what another Legend was doing in our driveway
1988 Legend L-Olympia White (2/04-12/04)
1987 Legend L-Ascot Grey Metallic (12/89-2/04)
ArizonaLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-09, 01:38 AM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: 1988 Legend LS Coupe
Car 2: 1987 Legend L Coupe
Car 3: 93 Dodge Dakota LS

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to awelliott
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so glad to see this car go to a good home.

Bill is a funny guy, you'll love him. He went on and on about how he refused to sell this car to someone who would give it to their kid driver, or sell it to anyone who lived in a rust state. He loves this Legend and it shows! Creampuffs like this are few and far between. I hope you'll find it as nice as I described. Even the wheel wells on this car were squeaky clean. Bill told me the last time he had it up on the rack for maintenance, the technician asked if it had ever been driven in the rain!

I would love to see you while you're in town - in fact if you end up needing to spend the night on Thursday in Phoenix you're welcome to crash at my place in Scottsdale. The 88 will enjoy the 1,700 mile drive home. It's begging to get out of that cozy garage for a little bit.

Once again, great pick up on a great car. I'm thrilled for you.
Thanks Tyson. I saw the original post and was trying to ignore it until I saw your pictures and review. You're right about these being few and far between, and it's a steal if it's half the car my 87 has been over the last 18 years. Bill seems like a great guy, but I really freaked him out when I asked him about the info center. He couldn't figure out how I knew about it.

I really appreciate the offer to crash, but I think I'm going to try to hit the road Thursday afternoon or evening, since I have to be back in Birmingham NLT Saturday night. I also have an aunt in Mesa that I haven't seen in about 10 years and I hope to drop in for a visit as she's getting up in years. I'll pm you with my cell and maybe we can hook up before I hit the road.
awelliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 01:48 AM   #33 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to bandoni™
This is awesome I am so glad a forum member picked this beauty up! no better owner for that g1 coupe then tony. too bad you can't stay a bit longer I would like to put a face to my southern parts connection anyways I hope you have a safe drive with that new minty coupe!

sig by doubleglow the sigwhisperer
ƃuıʇsod ǝɹoɟǝq ɥɔɹɐǝs plnoɥs sɹǝsn ʍǝu

join the acura legend flickr group

visit my flickr page
bandoni™ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-22-09, 01:58 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkeRay View Post

awelliott, great pick up, I'm sure its going to a great home. one thing, I would double check the timing belt for age wear and all fluid levels before such a trek. it would suck to pick up this beauty and get to middle of no where in New Mexico or between el paso and San Antonio and have a dead engine because belt snapped on you.

tyson, you need to change your name back to 4cruzin, I get confused seeing your name now...
Thanks Ike, I'll go over it very carefully as there's a lot of dead area in West Texas (made that boring trip a few times). You're absolutely right about the timing belt, but he's already taken care of that. Hopefully it'll be smooth sailing.

I was curious about the clutch, so he gave me the whole story, which I verified with carfax. An upper middle aged couple bought the car new in Palm Beach, FL. The husband died unexpectedly right after they bought it, and the wife couldn't bring herself to get rid of it. She wasn't proficient with a manual shift, but she kept it because it was her husband's baby and drove it sparingly. She moved to Idaho in 94 (it had 11.5k miles on it then), then moved to Arizona a couple of years later. Bill has known her for about 10 years and has tried to get her to sell it all that time. She's up in her 80s now and finally decided a year or so ago to sell it. She had burned out the clutch by then and it had sat in her garage for several months. Anyway, he picked it up for a song and replaced the clutch, TB, WP, CV boots, and other minor things. Plus, she got taken by a stealership who completely replaced her A/C system, converting it to R134, so it needs nothing other than the info center repaired. Anyway, Bill loves the Legend, but he now has one more car than he has garages, plus his wife doesn't like a stick shift, so something had to go.
Old 04-22-09, 02:08 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Legend View Post
That is sooooo cool! It is exactly what got me into Legends in the first place! My first car I bought was the exact same car (color and everything) I had 60k miles on it in 95 when I got it, drove it till 2001, got an Accord Coupe, 2003, got a TL, 2005 got a TL AND my 1995 Legend Coupe! It took me 10 yrs to afford the car that was on the showroom floor when I bought my 88, but I did it! :-) Given the chance, I would have bought that car up in a heartbeat! there's something about G1 Coupes that a G2 can't replicate! (don't flame me!)
Yeah, same here. My 87L is identical, except it didn't have the airbag and the Bose. The only difference is that the 87 interior is unique - the seats and door inserts are the same ivory color, but the dash, console, and door surrounds are dark brown. I actually like my 87 color combo better, but I'll see how this one grows on me. My 87 also had roughly the same amount of mileage when I bought it, so this will be like deja vu. Selling my 87 is going to be the hard part of the deal; it'll be like losing a child, but I can't justify having four cars.
Old 04-22-09, 02:20 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandoni™ View Post
This is awesome I am so glad a forum member picked this beauty up! no better owner for that g1 coupe then tony. too bad you can't stay a bit longer I would like to put a face to my southern parts connection anyways I hope you have a safe drive with that new minty coupe!
Hey Buddy! How's the new house working out? Funny, I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and took a side trip to rat through their pull-a-part and came across a sedan with maroon interior. I seriously thought about yanking the master window switch, but it was the day that the tornados came through the area, and I was dodging rainstorms every 5 minutes.

I wish I could stay longer and hook up. I was actually considering paying for the car and seeing if I could pick it up in three weeks (daughter would be out of school) so I could come out with the family and take my girl to the GC since she's never been west of the Mississippi. However, when Bill mentioned that he was having to keep one car outside, I decided to make a short trip and pick it up now.
Old 04-22-09, 02:30 AM   #37 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to bandoni™
Quote:
Originally Posted by awelliott View Post
Hey Buddy! How's the new house working out? Funny, I was in Nashville a couple of weeks ago and took a side trip to rat through their pull-a-part and came across a sedan with maroon interior. I seriously thought about yanking the master window switch, but it was the day that the tornados came through the area, and I was dodging rainstorms every 5 minutes.

I wish I could stay longer and hook up. I was actually considering paying for the car and seeing if I could pick it up in three weeks (daughter would be out of school) so I could come out with the family and take my girl to the GC since she's never been west of the Mississippi. However, when Bill mentioned that he was having to keep one car outside, I decided to make a short trip and pick it up now.
I love it!!!! I actually have a working maroon switch it was a wedding present from tubadude, but I still need the two front door bottom door skins, you know the bottom part around the speakers. but anyways I am going to be in sedona being a good host to my inlaws on thursday otherwise I would drive up to phx to at least see you off.

sig by doubleglow the sigwhisperer
ƃuıʇsod ǝɹoɟǝq ɥɔɹɐǝs plnoɥs sɹǝsn ʍǝu

join the acura legend flickr group

visit my flickr page

Last edited by bandoni™; 04-22-09 at 10:36 AM.
bandoni™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-09, 02:45 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandoni™ View Post
I love it!!!! I actually have a working maroon switch it was a wedding present from tubadude, but I still need the two front door bottom door skins, you know the bottom part around the speakers. but anyways I am going to be in sedan being a good host to my inlaws on thursday otherwise I would drive up to phx to at least see you off.

Sounds like the guy who rear-ended Austin wound up doing you a big favor - I really like the body-colored mirrors. I'll keep an eye out for the bottom skins. If you find em in the meantime, drop me a pm. Anyway, enjoy your visit and give me a shout if you ever find yourself in Dixie......
Old 04-22-09, 08:18 PM   #39 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Persian Red Pearl L Sedan
Car 2: 89 Elc Blue LS Coupe
Car 3: 91 Pearl LS Coupe

I agree, glad to see her stay in the forum family.
AGYMAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-09, 08:36 PM   #40 (permalink)
Road Trip King

Car 1: 1994 LS coupe 6-spd
Car 2: 1994 GS sedan 6-spd

iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyson Send a message via MSN to Tyson
Tony just left my house a little bit ago. Great guy! The 88 LS is definitely going to a good home, and I admit I'm a bit jealous that Tony gets to spend some quality time behind the wheel for his cross-country drive home. Safe travels and thanks for stopping by

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 12:35 AM   #41 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Legend LS Coupe 6spd
Car 2: 95 Lexus LS400
Car 3: 03 Honda VTX 1300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Tony just left my house a little bit ago. Great guy! The 88 LS is definitely going to a good home, and I admit I'm a bit jealous that Tony gets to spend some quality time behind the wheel for his cross-country drive home. Safe travels and thanks for stopping by

And Tyson, whose red GS coupe is that in the background?!
1988 Legend L-Olympia White (2/04-12/04)
1987 Legend L-Ascot Grey Metallic (12/89-2/04)
ArizonaLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-09, 01:41 AM   #42 (permalink)
Road Trip King

Car 1: 1994 LS coupe 6-spd
Car 2: 1994 GS sedan 6-spd

iTrader Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Tyson Send a message via MSN to Tyson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaLegend View Post
And Tyson, whose red GS coupe is that in the background?!
That would be my mother's! She just got to town this afternoon from Utah.
Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > "Not Mine..."