Acura Legend Forum banner

Coupe, 6 spd, in Florida (not mine)

3K views 25 replies 12 participants last post by  Black Type II 
#1 ·
This is on CL. 1994 Acura Legend Coupe L 6-Speed
I did test drive this car and it drives and runs great. Would be a good pick-up, especially if you had a small auto to trade.

#3 ·
The car is mine. It was removed because I had a few errors in the posting - I put in the miles it had when I bought it and showed the current mileage to prove I've only put about 300 miles on it since August. Here is the new listing hopefully it will stay up:

1994 Acura Legend Coupe 6 Spd

Apparently people might have also flagged it because they feel it's over priced. :wtf:

Caty

#9 ·
Time to list her on Auto Trader

Well, the only bites so far are from one guy who wanted to trade me his POS 1994 Honda Accord and then had the balls to comment about how there were clear coat problems and tears in the drivers seat (both are mentioned in the listing on Craigs List). When I mentioned the six speed shift he commented that his last Legend had a five so he didn't really didn't care about it being a six! He kept talking about how "clean" his Honda was but couldn't tell me anything about it. When we raised the hood the first thing I saw was the hose for the wiper fluid hose dangling down - cut! He commented - oh, I didn't know about that, I never USE it! :wtf: He also wouldn't let me drive the Honda. Yeah, I want to trade for that. :rofl:

The only other interested party was quoting Kelly Blue Book and telling me if I was willing to come down he might be interested.

I'll keep looking for someone who really wants this sweet baby for what she is. I've got time.

#10 ·
Everyone loves to quote blue book...I'm asking the same price for my 92 5 speed LS coupe, and am throwing in the set of 19 inch wheels i just picked up. Don't worry someone will come along that can appreciate a well cared for legend.

#13 ·
Possible Buyer

The guy who works on my car for me sent a woman my way who is hot to buy a Legend. He said she didn't flinch at the price. He told her if she misses out on this she's a fool. :yes: She's going to see it on Saturday. I'm really hesitant about this though because while she's really psyched about the car - she's never driven a stick before! OMG - she's going to burn the clutch plate out in a week - or throw a rod!

I'm just not feeling right about this. I want someone to have this baby who will know how to treat her right, but I'm torn because I really need to sell it so I can get the boy his "cough" automatic. I actually tried to talk her "down" during our first phone conversation, "it's got paint issues because of the clear coat problems, the drivers seat has some tears, etc." but she wouldn't budge in her excitement.

Guess, I'll take her out for a drive (me driving since she doesn't do stick yet), point out all the good and the bad and go from there. I'll probably throw in comments about the high cost of maintenance on Legends ... we'll see if that does it. :D Gee, am I a fool or what? I'm about to try to throw a sale because I love this car and don't want a newb hurting her?

#14 ·
I'm about to try to throw a sale because I love this car and don't want a newb hurting her?
The sign of a true enthusiast who wants his/her car to go to a good home. Trust me, I'd be the same way. I get really attached to my vehicles and always try to find the best homes for them when I do have to let them go. Keep us posted on this one and good luck.

#19 ·
wow wtf at first i was gonna say that the mileage is high but then i seen the price and the pics...holy crap what a deal...my mom lives in orlando and if i at least still had my accord i wouldve done a trade...just keep the car for urself and get another one in auto lol...wow nice car man.

#20 ·
Thanks Black Type II - I kinda like her. LOL I would keep her for myself but I'm still paying on my car and I need to keep my son mobile. Too bad you don't have the Accord - that's exactly what I've been looking at for him. Ah well, it's all in the timing.

I'm showing her tomorrow and have some others interested. I'll find her a good home.

Mary

#22 ·
I have a 96 Mazda MX6 V6 5 Speed... we could talk. Its def not stock I am trying to load your listing but I can not see it.

Damit NM you want an auto... I will be happy to buy something to trade you here *Shrugs*

#23 ·
Damit NM you want an auto... I will be happy to buy something to trade you here *Shrugs*
:lol:
I got a call today from a guy in ATLANTA who is very interested. He saw the listing on Craigs List - from Atlanta? Wow, I'm impressed. Sent him a detailed email with many additional pics so he can decide if he really wants to make the drive to Tampa to see it in person. We'll see. He's obviously a Legend lover. :bowdown:

Mary

#25 ·
He's still very interested - more interest than I've had from anywhere else. I've sent him more pictures, the VIN to CARFAX her, been brutally honest about all issues she's got and he's still hot for her. The next two weeks are going to be very difficult for me to show the car because of the Super Bowl being in Tampa - I've got to work at the NFL Experience both weekends and being that it's the Super Bowl he's SOL to find a cheap flight. So, I've promised to not show her until he has the chance to come and see her first weekend in February. His intent is to fly down and driver her back to Atlanta - seems pretty serious. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.