Sorry for not replying sooner, I actually have a sticky note on my keyboard to remind me to respond to your questions in the other thread
So here are the answers:
1) I'd have to say the most difficult repair I did before this was probably replacing my brake pads - not very complex
However, I did have help from someone who knew what they were doing. They hadn't done any work on Legends specifically, but work on cars in general. I probably would have been able to do it myself, but it would have taken longer.
2) Yes - when I was putting the differential shaft back in I needed someone to turn one of the axles to make the gears in the differential turn so the teeth on the shaft would line up inside the differential. (See step 29.b.i)
3) Yes, you could just cut this hose if you wanted. It would make taking it out easier. Once the differential is out you should be able to unclip it from the engine side pretty easily and just replace it. It still might give you some trouble when you put the differential back in as you'll have to attach the hose to the engine side first.
4) Hmmm, not that I can think of off the top of my head. I listed pretty much every part that the service manual tells you to replace when removing, so I think you should be good.
5) Probably would have drained the coolant instead of trying to plug the holes - that made a huge mess.
Let me know if you have any questions. Also, if you want to have my phone number around for when you do the job incase you have any questions, I'd be happy to give it to you.
Originally Posted by oldacura
James - thanks for the extensive write-up. Some questions:
1) What was the most difficult repair procedure you did before this one & how did this compare to it in difficulty?
2) Did any of the steps require a second person?
3) You said that disconnecting the upper coolant hose was very difficult. Would it be possible to cut this hose instead & replace it (would this make it any easier)?
4) Are there any other items you would suggest replacing with the differential out?
5) If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?