DIY - Rear window does not roll up or down - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-04, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
DIY - Rear window does not roll up or down

Here is a better guide than my other post for those who are having trouble with the rear window such as unable to roll it up or down, usually this is caused by rust in the connector.

First remove the weatherstrip, then the center pillar lower trim

You should see the seat belt where it's held down by a 17mm and a 10mm bolt. Remove both and seat the seat belt aside. Next you should see a plastic covering which is held down by sticky tape. Remove this carefully.

From there you should see the connector. This would be first place I would check out.

Try your best to clean it out the rust from the pin using sandpaper, screw driver. I'm going to try using CLR ( Calcium Lime Rust Remover) later this week or so to see if it would make cleaning easier.

If you have a Continuity tester open the front door while keeping the rear door close. So you can pull this open

Take the continuity tester and check if electric is able to go through the connector snap back the connector together. You should be able to touch where the wires connect to the connector.

To test the door motor find a 12v power source or take two 6v battery, some wires, and connect them together.

To test the switches you'll need the continuity tester. Use this guide to test the front and rear door window switch. I'm keeping the picture big so the letters are readable.
Driver Window Switch Guide (right click, save as, and save it to your desktop for viewing)
Passenger Window Switch Guide (right click, save as, and save it to your desktop for viewing)

If the window motor, and all the switches seems to be working fine, then you're probably having a wire problem. Get your friendly continuity tester, a friend to help out. Try testing out each of the wires that connect to the rear switch. The left window wires connect from front switch to the connector to the rear switch is green/yellow and green. For the right window from front switch to connector is Yellow and yellow/green, then from the connector it switches color to green/yellow and green.

Here is the wiring diagram that would help you. (right click, save as, and save it to your desktop for viewing)
ZiGGie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-05, 08:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I had this problem. Turned out that the wires in the harness had loose connections. I simply took a needle nose plier and tightened down the females. Jammed it back in and haven't had any problems since.
jdubsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-06, 02:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
A murder of Scarecrows Champion, Just Not Cricket Champion

Car 1: ITR 00-106
Car 2: 95 FZJ 80

iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kenso
Just bumping this up so it's easier to find.

Old 07-16-06, 01:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Legend

Car 1: 93 Ls 6 Speed

iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Smiley405
hey i got the same problem too its just that my front windows wont roll down i asked early in the fourm but no one answerd well i think you have your door panal off so ima ask you to help me out please

can you match this wire up its lose and i dont know where it goes
Smiley405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-06, 03:54 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
yea I am gonna bump this up because this is the exact problem I have been asking about on my car....and poof...there is some help finally.

and smiley...no idea what wire that is...but when I have mine apart tomorrow...Ill snap some pics for ya so we can try and figure it out man
jimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-06, 04:44 AM   #6 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Honda Legend (Base)
Car 2: 88 Honda Integra LS
Car 3: 89 Honda Integra LS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to onemanchan82 Send a message via MSN to onemanchan82 Send a message via Yahoo to onemanchan82
my driver rear window never worked, this might be the problem all along.... thanks!
1991 Honda Legend
1993 Infiniti J30
onemanchan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs