Erratic Speedometer? D4 Light Flashing? Check Engine Light? HOW TO FIX! DIY - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-07, 12:37 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: Carless

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
has anybody done the pictures yet?

1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-07, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)

ok does anyone plan on putting the pictures up or direct me on how to do this cus i dont want to spend an arm and a leg and if i see pics im sure i have a better chance of doing this correctly

Old 03-16-07, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i agree, does anyone have pictures up yet? I just bought the car so i'm a new member and i do have the erratic speedo and the common ALB light.

I do own a haynes manual as well but black and white pictures suck.
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-26-07, 04:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

well let me start out by saying i need__ HELPS!.... alot let me say i say alot of post aying VSS and VSS.. lol i found one problem okay i got a VSS problem my d4 ligh blinks once in a wile but my check engin pops up too sum times so i think is me VSS and my speedometor works but like it dosent work at the same time my temp gage works good i think but my speed gage be showing me speeds im not doing .. like if im doing 90 it feels like 100 mp .. can that be it the problem ..
another problem i CANT unlock my radio the batteri died and i need a code i dont have it -- HOW CAN I GET IT >>.
another problem ---- big i guess----- my car dosent heat up now -- but wen it did i dont know we open the compartment were the termostat gose and there was none is that good -- and wen i put one on it heats up like crasy--- how do i knoe if the water pump dosent work- and is it good for me to drive with no termo stat--- and one more thigh well 2--- my idle i guess is pretty high cuzz if i dont step on the gas my car be doing like 10mp alone .. and wen i change to PARKING REVERS oR DRIVE mY car jumps like the gears jump quik i dont know how to explain .. can sum one help me ----! plzzz i know i know it was long but i love my car and i dont want to loss it !
kako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 11:00 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kako View Post
well let me start out by saying i need__ HELPS!.... alot let me say i say alot of post aying VSS and VSS.. lol i found one problem okay i got a VSS problem my d4 ligh blinks once in a wile but my check engin pops up too sum times so i think is me VSS and my speedometor works but like it dosent work at the same time my temp gage works good i think but my speed gage be showing me speeds im not doing .. like if im doing 90 it feels like 100 mp .. can that be it the problem ..
another problem i CANT unlock my radio the batteri died and i need a code i dont have it -- HOW CAN I GET IT >>.
another problem ---- big i guess----- my car dosent heat up now -- but wen it did i dont know we open the compartment were the termostat gose and there was none is that good -- and wen i put one on it heats up like crasy--- how do i knoe if the water pump dosent work- and is it good for me to drive with no termo stat--- and one more thigh well 2--- my idle i guess is pretty high cuzz if i dont step on the gas my car be doing like 10mp alone .. and wen i change to PARKING REVERS oR DRIVE mY car jumps like the gears jump quik i dont know how to explain .. can sum one help me ----! plzzz i know i know it was long but i love my car and i dont want to loss it !
you need to start your own thread to receive the proper help. And please, for everyone's sake, just post up questions. i'm having a really hard time trying to understand what you're saying.

EDIT: i noticed no one on here mentioned anything about the T20 Torx screws. Any way around them?

Last edited by tlsyim; 03-26-07 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-26-07, 06:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 L Coupe

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
does anyone have pictures of exactly where the VSS is located in the engine bay. And will I need to buy that special Torx tool for the star shaped screws?

Thanks
Old 03-27-07, 02:17 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecruiser View Post
does anyone have pictures of exactly where the VSS is located in the engine bay. And will I need to buy that special Torx tool for the star shaped screws?

Thanks
yes, you will need to get a torx screwdriver (i haven't done it, but i would imagine so)the VSS isn't in the engine bay. i believe you have to go under but WHEN i do so, I'll ask my gf to take pictures (if i can't convince her)
Old 03-27-07, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

theres an actual thread the has a pic but u have to search i think u just type vss in title only or something like that...they say its by the oil filter...i ordered a vss i have that problem so im waiting on the part

Old 03-27-07, 09:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Car 1: 2002 Lexus GS300 Sportdesign
Car 2: 1998 GS300
Car 3: 1992 Lexus ES300

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Try here https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...=VSS+tool+torx I bought one on ebay after experiencing all of the typical symptoms. Bought the vss replacement kit here(genuine honda part): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW and it fixed it right up!

Good Luck !!
Old 03-28-07, 06:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

shoot i coulda saved $2 with those ppl and i still havent heard from acuralynn about anything so far

Old 04-06-07, 12:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJeff View Post
Try here https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...=VSS+tool+torx I bought one on ebay after experiencing all of the typical symptoms. Bought the vss replacement kit here(genuine honda part): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW and it fixed it right up!

Good Luck !!
Thank you! I was looking for something like that. I tried searching and I just couldn't find it.

MUCH appreciated.
Old 04-06-07, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Just completed it. Pretty simple. Just a pain to do on yoru driveway.

To those that posted the tutorials. It was great!!! MUCH appreciated.

it was as simple as others have claimed. Just dirty.

the instructions were flawless!!!!

My only pains were the T20 torx tamper proof screws (not much room to work and i think i rounded the old ones but no matter, new ones are in there)

and that stupid weird looking dust seal. THAT didn't want to stay at all!!!
Old 05-12-07, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)

Thanks to all that contributed. It will help in my replacement.
husker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 LS Coupe WRECKED!!
Car 2: 1995 LS Sedan

is it ok to drive it around this way for a week or two? with a bad VSS???
wesley401k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Battleship U.S.S. Legend

Car 1: 95 Milano Red 6MT LS Coupe
Car 2: 93 Blk / Blk L Sedan
Car 3: 08 RDX Turbo SH-awd

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Admiral Vorian
One of my buddies owns a junkyard. Got a 2nd gen differential the other day and he gave my the vss for free ^__^

thanks for the writeup
Admiral Vorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs