Erratic Speedometer? D4 Light Flashing? Check Engine Light? HOW TO FIX! DIY - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum
 

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-08-07, 12:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black Type II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Posts: 3,613


Car 1: Carless


iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
has anybody done the pictures yet?
__________________


1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-11-07, 02:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black Type II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Posts: 3,613


Car 1: Carless


iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
ok does anyone plan on putting the pictures up or direct me on how to do this cus i dont want to spend an arm and a leg and if i see pics im sure i have a better chance of doing this correctly
__________________


1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-07, 11:50 AM   #18 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i agree, does anyone have pictures up yet? I just bought the car so i'm a new member and i do have the erratic speedo and the common ALB light.

I do own a haynes manual as well but black and white pictures suck.
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 03-26-07, 04:55 AM   #19 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 13


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
well let me start out by saying i need__ HELPS!.... alot let me say i say alot of post aying VSS and VSS.. lol i found one problem okay i got a VSS problem my d4 ligh blinks once in a wile but my check engin pops up too sum times so i think is me VSS and my speedometor works but like it dosent work at the same time my temp gage works good i think but my speed gage be showing me speeds im not doing .. like if im doing 90 it feels like 100 mp .. can that be it the problem ..
another problem i CANT unlock my radio the batteri died and i need a code i dont have it -- HOW CAN I GET IT >>.
another problem ---- big i guess----- my car dosent heat up now -- but wen it did i dont know we open the compartment were the termostat gose and there was none is that good -- and wen i put one on it heats up like crasy--- how do i knoe if the water pump dosent work- and is it good for me to drive with no termo stat--- and one more thigh well 2--- my idle i guess is pretty high cuzz if i dont step on the gas my car be doing like 10mp alone .. and wen i change to PARKING REVERS oR DRIVE mY car jumps like the gears jump quik i dont know how to explain .. can sum one help me ----! plzzz i know i know it was long but i love my car and i dont want to loss it !
kako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 11:00 AM   #20 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kako View Post
well let me start out by saying i need__ HELPS!.... alot let me say i say alot of post aying VSS and VSS.. lol i found one problem okay i got a VSS problem my d4 ligh blinks once in a wile but my check engin pops up too sum times so i think is me VSS and my speedometor works but like it dosent work at the same time my temp gage works good i think but my speed gage be showing me speeds im not doing .. like if im doing 90 it feels like 100 mp .. can that be it the problem ..
another problem i CANT unlock my radio the batteri died and i need a code i dont have it -- HOW CAN I GET IT >>.
another problem ---- big i guess----- my car dosent heat up now -- but wen it did i dont know we open the compartment were the termostat gose and there was none is that good -- and wen i put one on it heats up like crasy--- how do i knoe if the water pump dosent work- and is it good for me to drive with no termo stat--- and one more thigh well 2--- my idle i guess is pretty high cuzz if i dont step on the gas my car be doing like 10mp alone .. and wen i change to PARKING REVERS oR DRIVE mY car jumps like the gears jump quik i dont know how to explain .. can sum one help me ----! plzzz i know i know it was long but i love my car and i dont want to loss it !
you need to start your own thread to receive the proper help. And please, for everyone's sake, just post up questions. i'm having a really hard time trying to understand what you're saying.

EDIT: i noticed no one on here mentioned anything about the T20 Torx screws. Any way around them?

Last edited by tlsyim; 03-26-07 at 11:31 AM.
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-07, 06:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered User
 
whitecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 593


Car 1: 95 L Coupe


iTrader Score: 4 reviews
does anyone have pictures of exactly where the VSS is located in the engine bay. And will I need to buy that special Torx tool for the star shaped screws?

Thanks
__________________
FS: 94-95 Coupe Fog lights
whitecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 02:17 AM   #22 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecruiser View Post
does anyone have pictures of exactly where the VSS is located in the engine bay. And will I need to buy that special Torx tool for the star shaped screws?

Thanks
yes, you will need to get a torx screwdriver (i haven't done it, but i would imagine so)the VSS isn't in the engine bay. i believe you have to go under but WHEN i do so, I'll ask my gf to take pictures (if i can't convince her)
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black Type II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Posts: 3,613


Car 1: Carless


iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
theres an actual thread the has a pic but u have to search i think u just type vss in title only or something like that...they say its by the oil filter...i ordered a vss i have that problem so im waiting on the part
__________________


1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-07, 09:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered User
 
MojoJeff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 251


Car 1: 2002 Lexus GS300 Sportdesign
Car 2: 1998 GS300
Car 3: 1992 Lexus ES300


iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Try here https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...=VSS+tool+torx I bought one on ebay after experiencing all of the typical symptoms. Bought the vss replacement kit here(genuine honda part): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW and it fixed it right up!

Good Luck !!
__________________
MojoJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-07, 06:05 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Black Type II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jamaica, Queens
Posts: 3,613


Car 1: Carless


iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
shoot i coulda saved $2 with those ppl and i still havent heard from acuralynn about anything so far
__________________


1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 12:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoJeff View Post
Try here https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...=VSS+tool+torx I bought one on ebay after experiencing all of the typical symptoms. Bought the vss replacement kit here(genuine honda part): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...spagenameZWDVW and it fixed it right up!

Good Luck !!
Thank you! I was looking for something like that. I tried searching and I just couldn't find it.

MUCH appreciated.
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-07, 07:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Just completed it. Pretty simple. Just a pain to do on yoru driveway.

To those that posted the tutorials. It was great!!! MUCH appreciated.

it was as simple as others have claimed. Just dirty.

the instructions were flawless!!!!

My only pains were the T20 torx tamper proof screws (not much room to work and i think i rounded the old ones but no matter, new ones are in there)

and that stupid weird looking dust seal. THAT didn't want to stay at all!!!
tlsyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-07, 10:06 AM   #28 (permalink)
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 44


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thanks to all that contributed. It will help in my replacement.
husker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-07, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellenwood, GA
Posts: 22


Car 1: 1992 LS Coupe WRECKED!!
Car 2: 1995 LS Sedan


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
is it ok to drive it around this way for a week or two? with a bad VSS???
wesley401k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-07, 02:17 AM   #30 (permalink)
Battleship U.S.S. Legend
 
Admiral Vorian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Yay Area, Califonia
Posts: 698


Car 1: 95 Milano Red 6MT LS Coupe
Car 2: 93 Blk / Blk L Sedan
Car 3: 08 RDX Turbo SH-awd


iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Admiral Vorian
One of my buddies owns a junkyard. Got a 2nd gen differential the other day and he gave my the vss for free ^__^

thanks for the writeup
Admiral Vorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Help! D4 Flashing and Check Engine light! chapman89 Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) 20 01-08-09 12:07 PM
engine check light psone First Generation Legend (1986-1990) 12 12-14-05 12:49 PM
Check engine light, always on.. sigh Burny_Loves_Legends Second Generation Legend (1991-1995) 3 09-27-05 03:56 PM
check engine light... AVLegend First Generation Legend (1986-1990) 13 03-10-02 04:23 PM
Check Engine light racerx428 Engine & Performance Modifications 2 01-22-02 11:40 AM

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:16 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide