Head Gasket D.I.Y. - Page 19 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-09-11, 02:03 PM   #271 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994-95 gs sedans

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Modell View Post
Thanks Alot IceMan... this was really helpful i am about to start on my 93 legend.... i will let you know the outcome... this is my second legend and i just got to keep her going...
No doubt Neo, I feel you man! I have a 95 GS Sedan sitting in my driveway with an overheated engine. I have to swap the block. I just won't let her go!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-11, 11:42 AM   #272 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994-95 gs sedans

Here's the whole job consolodated into one page with pictures and all.
Untitled Document
Old 05-12-11, 05:28 PM   #273 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend TypeII LS/GS A/T Coupe
Car 2: 1992 Honda Civic VX

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Great Write Up! This info will help out a lot as i am now thinking of changing the gaskets on the 95 GS motor i am trying to save before i go the JDM route.

TUNE: 95 GS TypeII Overhauled Swap, 70 Dshot N EX,TB Bypass, CAI, T1 Pully, Earthing Kit, B&M FPR, DV8 BP, Gutted X3 Cats, OE Piping & DC Sports Exhaust, 91 SI Prelude Seats. More to come Work&Tuning:Chris196Ci.

Old 09-20-11, 07:36 PM   #274 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend LS

hi guys, just finished an HG replacement on my 95 legend LS yesterday and I have been having a problem with the Idle of the car. When i start the car I have to set the adjust the Idle high up to about 1250-1500 rpms when in park. when I shift into drive or reverse from park the rpms will drop down to about 750. If the Idle is set any lower than 1250-1500 rpms while in park the rpms will bogg down to about 200 and once i shift back into park the engine will die. I have been searching this thread all day trying to see if someone already posted a problems similar but I have no luck on a solution. I took it to a smog shop around the corner from my house and the guy said the fuel pressure was way too high he said the computer detected 543 ppms and in order to be passable it had to be less than 43 ppms. It may be a vaccum hose or 2 in the wrong place but I have no Idea how to find out which one. There is NO overheating, No oil leaks, No coolant leaks ... PLZ HELP!!
Old 09-30-11, 01:38 PM   #275 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Acura Legend

Exclamation

Hey ive been following these steps from word to word and im at the point my intakes off. And im at TDC removed the upper cam covers but i dont know how to remove my accesory/alt belts to get that last cover off. Some IDIOT did my water pump and bent my valves cause the timing was off. And didnt put the water pump seal in correctly. Im mechanically inclined/Went to school for it/ and been workin on cars for some years. So now im kinda stuck, Any help would be appreciated. Also i see that eristic gaskets shouldnt be used on the head but i found the whole felpro set for $220 something shipped.
Old 09-30-11, 01:40 PM   #276 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 Acura Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanlegend View Post
hi guys, just finished an HG replacement on my 95 legend LS yesterday and I have been having a problem with the Idle of the car. When i start the car I have to set the adjust the Idle high up to about 1250-1500 rpms when in park. when I shift into drive or reverse from park the rpms will drop down to about 750. If the Idle is set any lower than 1250-1500 rpms while in park the rpms will bogg down to about 200 and once i shift back into park the engine will die. I have been searching this thread all day trying to see if someone already posted a problems similar but I have no luck on a solution. I took it to a smog shop around the corner from my house and the guy said the fuel pressure was way too high he said the computer detected 543 ppms and in order to be passable it had to be less than 43 ppms. It may be a vaccum hose or 2 in the wrong place but I have no Idea how to find out which one. There is NO overheating, No oil leaks, No coolant leaks ... PLZ HELP!!
Im thinking vaccum hose too.. i took pics of the ones i disconnected so i could put them in the same spot. Hell i tiook a pic of everything i did. Lol. I should post huh
Old 09-30-11, 01:56 PM   #277 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 acura legend ls

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
make sure all your vacuum hoses are attached and in the correct order.
Old 10-01-11, 01:28 PM   #278 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Honda Accord EX
Car 2: 95 Acura Legend L

Yea go back check all your vacuum lines and make sure you don't have anything crossed. I had an EGR gasket not sealed correctly and had a high idle when I pulled my motor.

Also, there's a IAC valve (I think that's what it's called) but it sits on top of the engine close to the firewall on the driver side. There's a metal plate on it with 2 screws u need to take off. There's like a white plastic washer inside that comes loose. You have to rotate it back tight and it will fix your idle issue. Check out Eric the car guy erratic idle video on YouTube.

My car no longer idles up and down anymore!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 12-11-11, 08:00 PM   #279 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Acura Legend

Finally Doing IT!

The BHG job is progressing well but one thing would really help!

PICS! any chance Iceman? If you are even following this thread anymore.

I tried the link from the post just above and it no longer works.

Bill
Old 12-21-11, 10:17 AM   #280 (permalink)

Car 1: acura legend 1996

Need pics too I want to change the gasket next week.
Old 05-30-12, 12:58 AM   #281 (permalink)

Does anyone know why I can't see the pictures at all. Is there something I need to do other than register? PLEASE HELP!!
Old 05-30-12, 07:37 PM   #282 (permalink)
Fut RIP

Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's

iTrader Score: 39 reviews
the op deleted the pics.

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs