Head Gasket D.I.Y. - Page 9 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs

DIYs These threads contain answers to common topics. "Do it yourself" modifications are also archived here.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-03-06, 01:26 PM   #121 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
oooooooooooooo alright..... ya i didnt really diesconnect anything back there besides the heater hoses... thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-06, 05:38 PM   #122 (permalink)

Finally finished. I took her from Ohio to D.C. for the weekend. She ran smooth as silk. Great thread, thank God for this forum!
Old 07-14-06, 02:30 PM   #123 (permalink)

hey i was being stupid and took my timing belt tensioner bolt off liek all the way.. and now its not tightening when i put the belt back on... any suggestions to get it to tighten??

Old 07-14-06, 02:59 PM   #124 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by salomonrider55
hey i was being stupid and took my timing belt tensioner bolt off liek all the way.. and now its not tightening when i put the belt back on... any suggestions to get it to tighten??
Is the spring still attached to the tensioner?
Old 07-14-06, 05:30 PM   #125 (permalink)

it wasnt.. but then i put it back on... it mightve fallen off again...its on an arm type of thing.... and it moves.. does that have to be in a certain position?
Old 07-16-06, 01:20 AM   #126 (permalink)

ok... i jus got done with my head gasket repair... and i went to start the car and it turns over... but doesnt start, it somtimes sounds like it does.. then bogs out... i took out the plugs and there wet... so im not getting any spark... im getting fuel.. jus no spark.. any suggestions???
Old 07-17-06, 04:45 PM   #127 (permalink)
***ned

Quote:
ok... i jus got done with my head gasket repair... and i went to start the car and it turns over... but doesnt start, it somtimes sounds like it does.. then bogs out... i took out the plugs and there wet... so im not getting any spark... im getting fuel.. jus no spark.. any suggestions???
Make sure your valve timing is set right. Turn the engine to TDC on the crank and check to make sure your cam markings are lining up.
Old 07-18-06, 03:58 AM   #128 (permalink)
USDA 100% PRIME TYPE II
Air Attack 2 Champion

Car 1: 1994 SC300 Twin Turbo
Car 2: 95 G20

After all this i recomend that you get a complete head job done. Remember those valve stem seals are at least 11 years old
Old 07-18-06, 07:59 PM   #129 (permalink)

ok... one last thing... i have my timing right now.. its running like a champ... but NOW>>>>> small amounts of smoke is coming off the outsides of both heads... it looks like from the headers.... if i didnt get those headers on tight enough... could that be the cause of my problem?
Old 07-18-06, 09:14 PM   #130 (permalink)
***ned

Quote:
ok... one last thing... i have my timing right now.. its running like a champ... but NOW>>>>> small amounts of smoke is coming off the outsides of both heads... it looks like from the headers.... if i didnt get those headers on tight enough... could that be the cause of my problem?
Well how long have you had it running for? If it's only been a few hours of run time since you completed the job then it could be just random fluids that spilled on the headers.
Old 07-18-06, 09:30 PM   #131 (permalink)

i ran it fot like 10 min... at the most... like ive started it up 5 times... but i havent kept it running for longer than 10 mins
Old 07-19-06, 07:14 PM   #132 (permalink)
P2K

Ok Im just about to dig into my '92 legend LS sedan to do the HG. Im wondering, since Im already going to be elbows deep, what else I should replace or check up on while Im in there. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-19-06, 08:35 PM   #133 (permalink)
***ned

Quote:
i ran it fot like 10 min... at the most... like ive started it up 5 times... but i havent kept it running for longer than 10 mins
Dude, drive it around. Just make sure you don't see any physical leaks under the car. After and hour or so the smoke should go away. It's prolly just crap from when you were doing the work!
Old 07-20-06, 10:49 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Ok Im just about to dig into my '92 legend LS sedan to do the HG. Im wondering, since Im already going to be elbows deep, what else I should replace or check up on while Im in there. Anyone have any suggestions?
i jus finished my HG job..first start off by getting a HG set... it comes with all the gaskets ull need along with o rings and all that great stuff. watch out for the knock sensors.. in this thread they worn u about that.. and i didnt think much of it.. and i broke both of mine witch was 240$ in all.. which sucked. otherwise jus go in and get ur heads machined and make sure they arent warped... u dont really need to replace anything else.. unless u wanted to get new rockers and valves and the whole shabang... cause ull have ur head off it will be easy to work on that stuff then.. also ur gonna have all ur belts off.. so replace those while ur at it.. if u havent replaced ur thermostat.. that would be a good thing to do too... thats it really.. i spent 80$ in all on my hg job.. (besides those knock sensors) i got my HG set off ebay for 70$..so watch out for those good deals.. cause it worked out great for me.. good luck
Old 07-21-06, 10:12 AM   #135 (permalink)
P2K

Hey thanks. At what point should I watch out for the knock sensors...did you break them taking the intake off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > DIYs