1988 Accura Legend L - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-20, 11:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1988 Accura Legend L

I'm having a very difficult time finding a combination switch for this car and mine is done. I am looking through the classifieds as well, but was hoping to put the word out there incase anyone has seen one or knows where to look. Thanks in advance
Nev__@__70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-20, 08:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I’m in need of a 1990 legend LS Coupe antenna pls contact me if you have one [email protected]
Gregory Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 02:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

I'm thinking about just parting this 88 legend out, it runs fine and has a newer clutch. The combo switch has just gotten worse and now I have to jam a screwdriver the switch and use the high-beams. The taillights are stuck on so I have to disconnect the battery when not using the vehicle. I cannot find a combo switch anywhere, does anyone have any ideas? If someone can give me an idea of how to sell the car, it would be very helpful. I will post pictures later if anyone wants.
Nev__@__70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-10-20, 08:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: Coupes 88L & 90LS (Olympic & Pearl White)
Car 2: 88 L Sedans X 2
Car 3: 90L Coupe (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]__70 View Post
I'm thinking about just parting this 88 legend out, it runs fine and has a newer clutch. The combo switch has just gotten worse and now I have to jam a screwdriver the switch and use the high-beams. The taillights are stuck on so I have to disconnect the battery when not using the vehicle. I cannot find a combo switch anywhere, does anyone have any ideas? If someone can give me an idea of how to sell the car, it would be very helpful. I will post pictures later if anyone wants.
I've got 5 each 1st generation Legends and the tail lights staying (and cruise control inoperative) on is a common problem caused by age. There is a small nylon "button" on top of both the clutch & brake pedals which hold the brake light switch OFF; age hardens the nylon and it cracks and falls apart thereby allowing the brake light switch to stay on. The nylon button is available at any Acura or Honda dealer since it was used for many years on many of their vehicles (cost ~$6.50 each); easy to replace as it just snaps into a hole.

Look on ebay for the combo switch as the 1st gen Legends are mostly off the roads and cannot be found in salvage yards; maybe an Accord or other Honda switch could be adapted. I've haven't had any of my combo switches fail to date.

As far as selling it goes, I'd try to keep it running as the drive trains are essentially bullet proof. All 5 of mine (87K to 230K miles; 3 pristine & 2 drivers) have auto trans with no leaks and they all shift correctly. Engines don't consume oil, although the side valve covers are prone to leaking.
withidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-20, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car 1: Coupes 88L & 90LS (Olympic & Pearl White)
Car 2: 88 L Sedans X 2
Car 3: 90L Coupe (Red)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregory Payne View Post
Im in need of a 1990 legend LS Coupe antenna pls contact me if you have one [email protected]
I've been able to recently source antenna's on ebay; I believe the last one cost me $14 + shipping.
withidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-20, 08:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks! I bought it from a legit dealership in 2014 with 133,000 miles (166K now). Apparently garaged and driven to the grocery store, driven by an older women - who remarkably kept it very well maintained. Even interior looks near new condition.
maxsava0330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-20, 10:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

The resistor could have burned out.
itarkeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)