1990 Acura Legend L Sedan - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-09, 02:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
LegendMan33

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend L

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1990 Acura Legend L Sedan

trying to find out an easy way or modified way to install some 6 1/2" alpine component speakers in front. The white plastic factory speaker bracket is not deep enough. I cut the back out of it and it may work but speakers will not sit flush. Anybody have any ideas? The backs are no problem. I own two legends and do not remember what speakers I put in my other one or if it even had the same plastic factory bracket. I can take pictures if anyone needs them. The speakers are Alpine SP-600C's. Crutchfield said they fit, but they do not, nor does crutchfield sell any type of speaker bracket.

Last edited by slidelljones33; 05-16-09 at 02:51 PM. Reason: add more information
slidelljones33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-09, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ac's in tha Hood

Car 1: 89 legend base coupe 5 spd
Car 2: 90 legend L coupe

Send a message via Yahoo to reddLegend
i have 6.5 kenwoods in my red coupe doors, i just found some really long screws, screwed them into the white plastic, cut away the two bottom tabs of the speaker cover and screwed the speaker covers directly to the door panels.

since you have sedans, it may be different.
"Do it for the strong, we do it for the weak, Boom it in your boom it in your boom it in your Jeep. Or your Honda or your Beemer or your Legend or your Benz. The rave of the town tell your foes and your friends"
A Tribe Called Quest - Jazz (We Got) - 1991
reddLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 03:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
LegendMan33

yeah i think they are different. I don't remember having this much trouble with my white legend sedan also.

Old 05-16-09, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
I got 6.5" Kenwood speakers on my fronts. Where it sits, your gonna have to trim it a little bigger so it can sit flush. Take your time on it and you'll get it to fit.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
-------------------------

Car 1: '89 LS Coupe (5 speed)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pacallen
Maybe there's a little more room in the coupe front doors but I have 6.5" Pioneers that fit perfectly w/ no modification.

SOLD: '87 Auto Sedan (12/31/2003)
pacallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 06:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidelljones33 View Post
trying to find out an easy way or modified way to install some 6 1/2" alpine component speakers in front. The white plastic factory speaker bracket is not deep enough. I cut the back out of it and it may work but speakers will not sit flush. Anybody have any ideas?
I replaced the speakers a little while ago on my 1990 sedan and can tell you that the alpines you're looking at will not fit. You can fabricate new brakets and/or just spacers, but I would advise, if possible, to look at a different pair.

Don't trust Crutchfield, their info is not accurate in many cases and can not be relied upon. For example, they claim that a DD stereo will not fit into our Legends.
legendvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 06:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendvr View Post
I replaced the speakers a little while ago on my 1990 sedan and can tell you that the alpines you're looking at will not fit. You can fabricate new brakets and/or just spacers, but I would advise, if possible, to look at a different pair.

Don't trust Crutchfield, their info is not accurate in many cases and can not be relied upon. For example, they claim that a DD stereo will not fit into our Legends.
Lol thats sad.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
Old 05-16-09, 10:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
LegendMan33

thanks to everyone. I had to cut the back out of the factory brackets and screw the alpine spacers into the factory bracket and then screw it back into the door,then I put the tweeters in the black plastic mirror cover on the door. looks good, sounds good. thanks again.
Old 02-20-10, 05:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car 1: Acura Legend L 1990 Sedan

I'm trying to install alpine 600c's in my legend similar to what slidelljones33 did.
I hoping to mount the tweeters in the sail (little black plastic triangles) covering the wires to the sidemirrors. but when i popped off the sail, im unsure how to run the component wires down to the woofer in the sidedoor. it doesn't look like there is enough room for another wire to run down there. any info?
FreeWheel1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 01:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!

I mounted my tweeters here.

Old 02-22-10, 11:31 PM   #11 (permalink)

What did you have to do to mount those? I haven't taken off the side panels on my car before, so I'm wondering how much of it did you have to take off to install those, and how much work it is?

is the electrical wiring exposed if you take off the panels, or did you do some digging?
Old 02-23-10, 01:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!

Once you remove the screws that holds the panel, you will need to unplug the door light, and window switch. It's got a lot of space in there and the tweeter wires won't get caught anywhere cause there's a plastic film covering the holes.

Old 02-23-10, 08:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 acura legend

here is how i mounted mine.
greg2350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 09:24 PM   #14 (permalink)

i see two screws on the ride side. is that all there is?
thanks for the help so far.
Old 02-24-10, 03:26 AM   #15 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!

2 screws on the side, 1 inside the handle where the window switch is, and use a flat head screw driver to pop out the cover inside the door opener which will reveal 2 screws. The bottom part of the door pops out. Then to remove the panel, have the window down and carefully start pulling the panel upwards.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)