Acura Legend Forum banner

Home Depot Camber Kit!

4K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Beeze 
#1 ·
Well my friends, have I got a story for you!

When I had Dropped my ride on those Integra coilovers it put my front camber at -1(perfect) and my rear camber to -3(eek) because of the original length of the rear springs.
Needless to say my rear tires were bald with in 3 months. since I'm sure your all well aware of the fact that no one makes a camber kit for the legend (especially the G1) I had to improvise. So…I took of my rear wheel off and started examining the suspension/brake assembly with a flash light, thats when I noticed that the upper control arm is mounted to the body with one bolt going in to the trunk by the speakers. So I removed the bolt and took it down to Home Depot To find a longer one with the same thread pattern and width. I found one that was about an inch longer and grabbed two. And a hand full of washers that fit the bolt and took them home. The install was trial and error trying to figure out how many washers I needed in between the control arm and body. After I would install a certain # of washers I would Put the wheel back on and measure the camber with a level. It ended being like 5 washers on each side for me, but it might be different 4 you. Anyways that was my story of the Home Depot camber Kit. Just one of my Many Home Depot tuning experiments!:thumbsup:
:ghetto:

See less See more
#6 ·
yes I had a 4 wheel alignment done after I installed the "kit"
as for the bolt I don't remember the grade but the size & thread matched and the bolt was about 30% longer.

As for Pics... I'm currently Stationed In groton CT In the Navy so...
next time I take Leave(which should be soon I will get the Pics.

#7 ·
Be sure to check the body periodically where you added the washers. Make sure the sheet metal isn't tearing.

You might consider replacing the washers and making a spacer out of larger piece of metal (about the same size as the original mount) of the proper thickness. This will spread out the stress over a larger area.

#10 ·
some of the acura"s come with these washers and you just move them from front to back. However I have fabricated new control arms from the orginals for the front of the 89 legend which use a (SPC 67320) ball joint which lets me adjust from minus 1.5 to + 3 deg. then I use my FAST TRAC camber tool to check that alignment.
hey sam whats up long time no talk. mario

#12 ·
I have fabricated new control arms from the orginals for the front of the 89 legend.
:wavey: hello there my friend, you went MIA on us after the San Pedro meet last year :yes: ...please come out and join us this coming Sunday? check my sig for more details.

And Mario, I'll even make them famous Filipino eggrolls :yumyum:

#14 ·
Well my friends, have I got a story for you!

When I had Dropped my ride on those Integra coilovers it put my front camber at -1(perfect) and my rear camber to -3(eek) because of the original length of the rear springs.
Needless to say my rear tires were bald with in 3 months. since I'm sure your all well aware of the fact that no one makes a camber kit for the legend (especially the G1) I had to improvise. So…I took of my rear wheel off and started examining the suspension/brake assembly with a flash light, thats when I noticed that the upper control arm is mounted to the body with one bolt going in to the trunk by the speakers. So I removed the bolt and took it down to Home Depot To find a longer one with the same thread pattern and width. I found one that was about an inch longer and grabbed two. And a hand full of washers that fit the bolt and took them home. The install was trial and error trying to figure out how many washers I needed in between the control arm and body. After I would install a certain # of washers I would Put the wheel back on and measure the camber with a level. It ended being like 5 washers on each side for me, but it might be different 4 you. Anyways that was my story of the Home Depot camber Kit. Just one of my Many Home Depot tuning experiments!:thumbsup:
:ghetto:
Where can I find the info about using the Integra struts on the Legend?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.