Modifications (Where Can I Get Them) - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-28-02, 05:31 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy Modifications (Where Can I Get Them)

I own a 1989 Legend Coupe that is in perfect condition. It currently has 48,000 miles on it, and the factory paint still looks new. I haven't been able to find any sites on the net to buy accessories or performance parts and modifications for my 1989 Legend. If anyone has added features to their Legend or know someone who has, please let me know where they bought these modifications. Thanks
robertnorfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-02, 12:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Thumbs up SO YOU WANT MORE PERFORMANCE!!!!!

First off. Welcome to the family. You can purchase a Weapon-R intake. Crane cams makes an ugraded ignition system for your G1. You can install a Apexi Super-AFC, Bayou Performance can reprogram the ECU, KVR Performance has front and rear cross drilled rotors and carbon fiber pads, you can install a Weapon-R adjustable fuel pressure regulator, you can install NGK spark plugs and NGK 8mm plug wires, ground control has an adjustable coil over set-up for G1s. Go to www.paeco.com for engines ranging from 250-300plus horsepower. For most of the other things already forementioned go to www.nopionline.com or you can go directly to the name of the companies like cranecams.com, apexi.com, weapon-r.com, kvrperformance.com, ground-control.com and last but not least bayouperformance.com. I hope you enjoy your new shopping spree I know I am. I have installed on my G1 coupe 8mm NGK plug wires, NGK plugs, 17x7 Konig Rated-R rims with 225-45-zr17 Nitto 450 tires, Weapon-R dragon filter intake system, KVR cross drilled rotors and carbon fiber pads, Lonza pedals, Crane Cam ingnition amplifier and LX91 coil, and a host of other things to come very soon. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.
Mr. Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-02, 02:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dead Duck Champion

Car 1: 2002 Acura RSX
Car 2: 2006 Honda Ridgeline

Send a message via AIM to C25A1guy Send a message via MSN to C25A1guy
The Paeco HP rates, is that at the fly or to the ground?

Dean @ Honsport
Honsport - Truth in Engineering
Contact us anytime at [email protected]
You can call us Mon-Fri, 10am to 5pm PST @ (626)203-8732
C25A1guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-02, 12:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thumbs up PAECO HORSEPOWER!!!!!!!!!!!

It sounds to me as if the horsepower is rated at the flywheel. If so the numbers are still worth there weight in gold. Especially for a G1. Give them a call and find out. Peace and Blessings. Bigs out.
Mr. Bigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-02, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mr. Biggs, got a pic of your car with the wheels on it??????
mattw007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-02, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm confused, adn the paeco webstie doesn't seem to help me out too much. Is paeco selling engines that will fit into our Legends, or are they upgrading our current Legend engines somehow, because the latter would be much better. Thanks.
acpac_jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-02, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
88 sleeper

Car 1: juiced sedan

Send a message via AIM to RICDOGG
what kind of glass packs do you have?
RICDOGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-02, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)

paeco doesn't sell crate engines. they modify your existing engine. after reading their catalog, i was under the impression that their numbers are more theoretical than practical. i would hope, however, that they really have built Legend engines (or any other engine) to meet their claims of performance and reliability.
katonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-02, 07:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

Body Modifications

Thanks for the reply. I was also wondering if there were any good places to get a spoiler and red headlights that would fit my '89 Legend Coupe. Also was wondering if anyone has had rust problems after installing aftermarket spoiler. Thanks.
robertnorfleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-02, 04:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

dunno what kind of glass pack I have, had it custom installed and I don't think they told me the name. ANd, has anyone ever had their engine modified by Paeco? It sounds mad nice, but I don't want to be the Guniea Pig and see if they can actually do what the claim.
acpac_jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)