Mouse in the house ... - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)

First Generation Legend (1986-1990) Discuss the 1st Generation Honda/Acura Legend (US 8

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-08, 12:09 AM   #16 (permalink)
acura-legend.commie
Flash Golf Champion

Car 1: 1990 Legend Sedan L totaled :(
Car 2: 1987 Legend Sedan
Car 3: 95 Land Rover Disco

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tubadude Send a message via MSN to tubadude
^that may be the best way.

but i would call that TV show "the verminator" they may do a little short for shits and giggles, plus, get your car on TV
tubadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-08, 12:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Sedan L. and 1990 Sedan LS
Car 2: 1991 Sedan L

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
I use the A/C very sparingly, and I think its draining properly ...so hopefully there won't be any water available there. I'm going after "Bob" with a quadruple vengeance tonite: three Victor spring traps, the dishwasher detergent powder, and a live-catch bottle trap contraption I found while googling this matter: Mouse Trap Project ..so hopefully the snack of peanut butter slathered Cheerios will tempt Bob to give it a go.
digger89L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-08, 06:37 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
IM GOING TO CLEAN MY GARAGE NOW LISTENING TO YOU GUYS GOT ME ALL SCARED. I HAVE ALL READY CUT ONE WIRE HARNESS BY MISTAKE WHEN WORKING ON MY CAR SO I DONT NEED A GHOST IN THE DARKNESS RUNNING AROUND LOOKING FOR A FREE RIDE.
LSPREDATOR is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-15-08, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Update: well, no action yet. No sign of "Bob" in the last day or two. I'm beginning think my blast of hot air from the heater must have convinced him to slip out the open door. I put out the three traps (which haven't been sprung), the pickle jar lid of dishwasher powder (which hasn't been touched), and the "live catch" pop bottle trap (which hasn't had any visitors that I can tell) ...and I haven't seen any new evidence of mouse invaders. I'm going to remove the obstacle course of traps tonite, and leave a small piece of kleenex tissue to see if he still needs nesting material. If I get no more indication of Bob's presence, I'm going to consider Bob as having "left the building ...thank you very much". Next task will be to try to figure out where he was hiding (and nesting) while he was in the car. Oh well ...it needed a good cleaning anyway.
Old 07-15-08, 06:48 PM   #20 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
LOL I'm sorry, couldn't help it... Anyways, you should just set some live traps or something to catch the mouse in its tracks. you could use a sticky pad or one of those tubes that the mouse can get in but can't get out. Good Luck!!
LegendLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-08, 01:08 AM   #21 (permalink)
Spiral descent

Car 1: 1994 GS 6-speed
Car 2: 1996 A6

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via MSN to telafonic Send a message via Yahoo to telafonic Send a message via Skype™ to telafonic
Okay, kinda surprised this has happened to someone else! This happened to me about 4 years ago in my GS. Stopped at a lake at night, and the little guy must have sensed the warmth of the car while the doors were open. A day later I'm driving down the highway and out of the corner of my eye I see something book it across my passenger floor!
Just figured I was seeing things until it happened again later and I got a good look, kind freaked me out for a second too.
So, I set peanut butter traps, refreshed them daily and waited. Nothing.
Actually I never caught him and never smelled anything. I never did figure out how he got out. I watched the doors every time I opened them. Sneaky little critters.
Old 07-29-08, 05:28 PM   #22 (permalink)

Epilogue: After I did the hot air treatment, I had not seen hide nor hair of "Bob" ...so I correctly assumed that he couldn't take the heat, and headed for a cooler climate. We figure he must have got into the car when I moved a bunch of empty (well, almost empty..) cardboard boxes from the storage shed to the recycling bin downtown. The storage shed is about 100 feet from where I park my car in the driveway. Since the "Bob" incident, I have also been keeping a trap-line of peanut-butter-baited traps in the storage shed, and I have nabbed 3 of Bob's relatives in the past month. So, I was out checking my trap-line this morning, and guess who finally got caught? ...right, it was Bob (the tail-less mouse)!!! Whoopeee!!! Now I know for sure that he's not in the car! This was a tragic ending for Bob ...but a happy ending for me. Thanks to all who contributed ideas and suggestions!!
Old 07-29-08, 07:54 PM   #23 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend

glad you finally got him!

I had a mouse problem in my shed previously, and there must have been a big family, because more kept coming. After a while, a box of moth balls has been in there, with a trap and there haven't been any mice in there since. For some reason, they cant stand the smell of moth balls.
Jrucch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 07:54 PM   #24 (permalink)
Snow Why*e

Car 1: 1990 Coupe

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
RIP bob
SilentBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 08:12 PM   #25 (permalink)

...yes, my "Bob" is really silent! (sorry 'bout that SilentBob!!) And thanks for the comments and suggestion Jrucch. Likely good advice, and we do have a LOT of moths around here. But, I don't know how to tell the males from the females ..or even where their balls are located, let alone trying to remove them! (sorry ....couldn't resist!)
Old 07-29-08, 09:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by digger89L View Post
...yes, my "Bob" is really silent! (sorry 'bout that SilentBob!!) And thanks for the comments and suggestion Jrucch. Likely good advice, and we do have a LOT of moths around here. But, I don't know how to tell the males from the females ..or even where their balls are located, let alone trying to remove them! (sorry ....couldn't resist!)
you're welcome
Jrucch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990)