CAI vs Short Ram...an un-scientific approach... - Page 8 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990) > Engine & Performance Modifications

Engine & Performance Modifications Discuss Engine and performance modifications to make your G1 outrun all the rest!

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-23-08, 12:47 AM   #106 (permalink)
TopGear Fanatic

Car 1: 1990 KA4 5M Xi Exclusive

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Hmmm, I only got 1 hose going onto my intake pipe. I didn't know there was a second one. Then again, they keep changing some stuff on the engine on every year model.
It turns out the 2.5L engines have that extra line going in at the top. Also, as a bit of trivia, their throttle bodies are a good half-inch bigger in diameter than the 2.7L TBs . . . and they have two butterfly valves inside.

Forward Motion
Project 130R
NuclearSymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-08, 07:31 AM   #107 (permalink)
Civic Owner :|

Car 1: 91 Civic DX hb 5spd
Car 2: 88 Legend L 9Sold)
Car 3: 88 Accord (RIP)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to LSATYD Send a message via MSN to LSATYD Send a message via Yahoo to LSATYD
thought i would post some pics of my ghetto intake

now i kno it aint perfect but it sounds alot better and seems more peppy with it on vs the stock setup
i gotta put the stock one back on soon for smog test though

1988 Acura Legend L Sold
1991 Honda Civic DX 5speed. the new whip
Teh Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by bicsintegra View Post
the only good thing about sarah palin is now george bush actually looks intelligent!
LSATYD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-08, 11:21 PM   #108 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
gabe, where did you mount the filter? from your pictures, i know how you did that piping above the bumper, but its a little iffy below the bumper/near wheel well. can i has pics? I have all the materials, but I really dont know the steps into actually piecing it together.
sys1kt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-08, 07:52 PM   #109 (permalink)
because i can.

Car 1: '87L, 5 speed Sedan
Car 2: '71 Datsun PL521
Car 3: '03 Infiniti I35

iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sam o nela
The filter is located in the wheel well behind the fog light and inside the splash shield. There is a hole there that goes to the resonator and is the perfect size to allow for some intake piping and a filter to be run there
Old 08-21-08, 09:08 PM   #110 (permalink)

after I remove the stock piping, there is this big black box directly underneath the hole and I looked at it, and it looked as if there are sensors and stuff running into it. what is it?
Old 08-21-08, 09:11 PM   #111 (permalink)
Me & Nomuken(Monkey)
Lego Hockey Challenge Champion

Car 1: 1989 Acura Legend L Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Beeze Send a message via Yahoo to Beeze
^ That is the resonator!...Just unbolt it and plug the vacuum lines!

EDIT: v HAHA! I win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigslist AD
"HAS VTEC FOR SURE WAS INSTALLED BY ACURA DEALERSHIP."
Beeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-08, 09:11 PM   #112 (permalink)
because i can.

Its the resonator....take it out, plug up the vacuum lines and you are good to go
Old 08-21-08, 09:22 PM   #113 (permalink)

Thanks guys. I tried making mine out of 90* galvanized steel crap I found in the heating section. I electrocuted my self twice when I tried to see if the filter was really sucking air. I ended up tearing everythign out and puttign the stock back in because I had work. One time the metal was touching the distributor cap i think and the other time it was touching the battery. could any of this cause that? my hand was numb twice for about 10 minutes each. I guess I should have forked out the extra dollar for pvc . what is the resonator for and when unhooking the vaccum lines, where exactly should it be unhooked, on the resonator or the connections on the lines? Thanks. Ive learned alot about my car in the last month or so ive been on this site.
Old 03-06-09, 08:13 PM   #114 (permalink)
Bigjohhnn

Car 1: 1990 legend ls coupe

at the end of the intake arm is that a regular filter or a cai box, or is it a cai because of its location. and those black pieces linking the pvc where can i get that, i think imma do this to my car thnx, oh and what is a resinator and where is it located
bigjohhnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-09, 11:38 AM   #115 (permalink)
because i can.

Most of us just have an open filter...although constructing a cold air box would take some thinking but I cant imagine it being too hard...

Anyhow, I personally have an AEM dryflow filter with the AEM bypass valve...been good to me so far (going on at leasta year and a half I think)...

The resonator is located in the driver's side wheel well after removing the plastic splash shield...you remove it, plug up the vacuum lines (if any) and your filter will feed into the piping through the hole that the top of the resonator used to use...

Also, those black dealies are simply rubber couplings...you can get them at any hardware store really...but I'd recommend going with silicone...
Old 03-05-14, 09:39 AM   #116 (permalink)

Does anyone have a write up on a G1 auto to manual trans swap? Hit me up plz.
A Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > First Generation Legend (1986-1990) > Engine & Performance Modifications