How to shift.... - Page 4 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing

Track Racing Discuss your track racing stories, times, etc. here. NO STREET RACING DISCUSSION. WILL RESULT IN BAN!!! THANK YOU.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-29-05, 02:29 AM   #46 (permalink)

Car 1: I have no Legends Left - End of an era!

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
What?.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92drls
This was the biggest waste of a thread ever. Those "techniques" are horrible and if you actually go to a track class or school you know as well as I do, they are in fact pretty dangerous for your tranny and motor. But....to each his own

Edit: Did'nt mean to bring this back from the dead, my bad
The only waste of time was seeing your post with nothing productive or for any reason but to get your post count up. What techniques are you talking about. If you are talking about the information that I got from an SCCA instructor, you might want to ask for any money back that you spent to go to the track. The only thing you probably have ever done is Drag. You might want to go back to the couch and play with your Playstation and talk big on the forums for Gran Turismo. Stay away from the forums where people actually know what they are talking about.

95 Legend-Less, I don't know what to do with myself....
86 CRX w/D16A Turbo
hondaman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-05, 11:06 AM   #47 (permalink)
502MotorSports.com

Car 1: e39 540i | e28 533i [Euro]
Car 2: e60 530i | e46 330i
Car 3: S430

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 502 MotorSports Send a message via Yahoo to 502 MotorSports
Some folks know everything, ya know?
502 MotorSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 01:02 PM   #48 (permalink)

Since this has been resuscitated, I'll just comment that the original message and technique illustrated would be useful for the tyro.

Me, been shifting gears for over thirty years. Kept the stock shifter in my SE-R despite the predilection for most other SE-R owners to go short-shifter because I felt the stock shifter was very communicative and I liked the easy throws. Taught myself heel-and-toe double-clutching and use it on the track. A lot of guys think the double-clutch is passe and that modern synchros can deal with simply rev-matching. Sounds cool, though.

I am not a fan of automatics. The Legend's is leagues better than the slushbox in my truck but I'm still not happy with the lack of control.
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-05, 09:17 AM   #49 (permalink)
Factory Freak!

Car 1: VGM KA8 5SP
Car 2: Downhill MTB

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 92drls
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondaman23
The only waste of time was seeing your post with nothing productive or for any reason but to get your post count up. What techniques are you talking about. If you are talking about the information that I got from an SCCA instructor, you might want to ask for any money back that you spent to go to the track. The only thing you probably have ever done is Drag. You might want to go back to the couch and play with your Playstation and talk big on the forums for Gran Turismo. Stay away from the forums where people actually know what they are talking about.
Well if you read what I said, "this thread is the biggest waste of time", you'd know I wasnt talking about hondamans info being a waste of time, more so the thread. I totally agree with hondamans tips, I was taught the exact same thing by some guy (nobody special) in my Eclipse at a local cone course. Yes I did do drag and still do, but everyones right, now that I read it, I dont know why I wasted my/your time saying anything. I apologize guys!
92drls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-05, 12:45 AM   #50 (permalink)

Car 1: I have no Legends Left - End of an era!

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Full Retract....

Sorry Man! I realize now what you were talking about! Sorry. Hey, maybe since you brought these posts back up to the top, we might teach a few more people how to shift correctly. I take back my quips and I hope that you accept my apologies.

95 Legend-Less, I don't know what to do with myself....
86 CRX w/D16A Turbo
hondaman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-06, 01:29 PM   #51 (permalink)

my first car was a 5 speed 2000 civic shitty car but fan as hell to drive. i kinda miss not having stick on my legend.
LegendFanInCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-07, 07:01 PM   #52 (permalink)

hi all im new here. for all of you who are interested in driving stick or anyting stickshift related, i ran across a great forum. definitely one of the most friendliest car forums on the internet
http://standardshift.com

and heres a link to a set of great stick shift videos. dudes Gary Sheehan, and thast a M5 hes driving, but the stuff he talks about aplies to all stick carshttp://standardshift.com/videos.html
hockeystyx16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-07, 12:33 PM   #53 (permalink)
GET NiCE!

Car 1: 94 L, Blk/Blk, 5Spd.

Send a message via AIM to BlaqttOutt
I`m agreeing with someone else's post-- driving automatics is way harder for me. I drive cars all day long at work (most of them automatics) and i have to put way more effort into autos than sticks.. FOR EXAMPLE.. an h3 was in here like last month and it didnt have the auto gears labeled.. ive never had an automatic so it was a little harder for me to remember where reverse is, etc. i drive really similiar to this, and its true it will help you not shift into wrong gears (2nd instead of 4th, etc).

Real Chicks Drive Stick.

1994 Ack Legend L 5sPd
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
/////ALPINE
BlaqttOutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing