No Street Racing Discussion - Track Only!! - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing

Track Racing Discuss your track racing stories, times, etc. here. NO STREET RACING DISCUSSION. WILL RESULT IN BAN!!! THANK YOU.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-06, 05:28 PM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AcuraFan19 Send a message via MSN to AcuraFan19 Send a message via Yahoo to AcuraFan19
I understand the reason for the rule, however I also dont see the harm in posting about it. Can anyone clarify why this rule is so much enforced when other just as equally important rules are not?

Not trying to stir up trouble, but I dont see the harm in it. Let them post their stories of their kills/suicides. Just as long as they are true legit stories... none of that "My stock Type I auto beat a Ferarri F-50".

I'm not saying we should promote street racing, but if they happen to have a story about how some random dude in a riced out civic pulled up next to them winding up that hampster powered engine making their 4" coffe can exhaust roar like old man hicks farted... i dont see the harm in it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaar
i only roll with elastic. not rockin limp socks here
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5...ggycopy4ct.jpg
AcuraFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-06, 11:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS-Auto
Car 2: 1994 Legend GS-6 spd
Car 3: 1993 NSX-6 spd

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
The harm is in the process of "teaching those civics a lesson" in uncontrolled enviornments, on public roads not intended for racing of any kind. It's all fun and games until someone's son, brother, father, sister or mother is killed. Who really cares if there is some "riced out civic" owner felt the need to prove his manhood? The responsible driver will ignore such immaturity.

I've been challenged by cars supposedly superior to mine, and while I knew that I could have easily put the "challenger" in his place, I don't feel that the lessons taught were not worth the fuel that would have been consumed in the process.

Ego is probably the biggest killer of man. It isn't a crime to want to have one's ego stroked every now and then, but there are ways to do it without taking the lives of innocents into one's hands.

Street racing is immature and dangerous. Doesn't matter if the driver is in a riced out civic, or a clean, cool Legend.

No one is denying that it happens, but this forum has chosen to openly frown on street racing. If there are Legend owners who feel the need to brag about such encounters, they can do so at the numerous other forums that allow it.

That said, all of this has been discussed before.
LegendGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 12:43 AM   #18 (permalink)

Car 1: 2001 Acura 3.2 CL-S

Send a message via AIM to AcuraFan19 Send a message via MSN to AcuraFan19 Send a message via Yahoo to AcuraFan19
Point taken. I cease my arguement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaar
i only roll with elastic. not rockin limp socks here
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5...ggycopy4ct.jpg
AcuraFan19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-06, 01:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Victory is fleeting...

Car 1: 2007 Honda Ridgeline

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekPower
Honestly if you want to talk street racing or drag racing it should be fine, I dont mean 24/7 but every once and awhile represent ur platform a little I mean if no one can tell anyone " i beat a maxima" then your going to have people asking, "can i beat it?"
And is it really important to try and beat a Maxima? Does it add to the possibility of world peace? Does it save lives against terrorism? Help cure AIDS? Or, maybe less-loftier, does it decrease the number of animals put to sleep each year by the humane society? No? Well, I can see why it's worth bragging about, then.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-06, 01:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS-Auto
Car 2: 1994 Legend GS-6 spd
Car 3: 1993 NSX-6 spd

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
The platform can be represented at the track.
LegendGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-06, 12:20 AM   #21 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 achieva
Car 2: 87 legend(junkyard)

but wouldnt the platform of the legend be luxury sport.not sport/race/rice.these aren;t made to go 150+.sure i have my times of speeding a little. but honestly if you want to go "street race" get a ticket to ship you and your legend over to germany and then ask yourself was the quick street race in town that couldve lost your license/hurt you or someone worth it or was spending my life savings whipping around the autobahn worht it. unless you have oodles of $$$ you go for it. but IMO neither are worth it.(imagine the price of gas over there) im not saying street racing is right. its jsut someting that will be there and the only thing being done are speed traps etc.but my final say is its just not worth the risk being caught/hurt and the legend is a "legend". althought its not slow by any means its not a fast and furious car.
legend_fan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

when i was in the uk 2 years back i did a silverstone track day.

I wasn't expecting too much - the Aston Martin day I did a few years back was fun but was disappointing because the instructors didn't allow you give really open it up. I was expecting something similar on the single seater day but was massively impressed - after the initial few laps behind a pace car your were allowed to really give it some! Weather had been a little wet so the track was quite greasy but really good fun.

The cars were only 1.6 cosworth engines but weighed around 500kg so very nippy with excellent handling - even better than the Elise. I was a little disappointed with the fact that we weren't running on the main Silverstone circuit but aside from that it was an excellent day. Managed 24 laps in the main session, finished 2nd in the 'race' and had the third fastest lap time.

Very tempted to do another one.
AcuraBobUsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-12, 09:52 AM   #23 (permalink)

i would love to do one in an acura next though goes without saying - perhaps not my own car though as i want one with a bit more power.
AcuraBobUsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing