street racing - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

サ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
サ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing

Track Racing Discuss your track racing stories, times, etc. here. NO STREET RACING DISCUSSION. WILL RESULT IN BAN!!! THANK YOU.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-03, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
street racing

Maybe if members were allowed to talk about street racing this page would actuslly be used, Whats wrong with telling a story about a little stop light battle that wasnt intentional or something like that, I dont see what the big deal is?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-03, 05:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Five- O

Car 1: 88 L Coupe 5 Speed

B/c it's unsafe and illegal and this site doesn't want to promote that type of behavior.

Esti
Stromung exhuast Cat-Back
DEC Hi-Flow Cat
90 tail Lights
Cross drilled rotors
Eibach Springs/KYB Shocks
APC Sway Bar
Old 07-26-03, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
and theres your answer.

Old 07-26-03, 07:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

ive seen other sites where they dont necessarily condone street racing (in fact it says they dont) but whatever is discussed is what is happening. I dont wanna cause problems but I dont like the idea... its kinda like censorship on something that doesn't really need to be censored IMO
Old 07-26-03, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Follow Me

Car 1: 1991 Charcoal Sedan L

Send a message via AIM to dap0901 Send a message via Yahoo to dap0901
Best to be on the better side of the issue. If somone dieds in an accident because you said you were able to take a Grand Am you don't want that kind of guilt on you or the forum. Racing is illegal period. Keep it at the track and save a life...It just might be your own!
Old 07-26-03, 11:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS-Auto
Car 2: 1994 Legend GS-6 spd
Car 3: 1993 NSX-6 spd

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
There's no such thing as an unintentional race.

It is this site's policy to discourage bragging of the participation in illegal, and deadly activity.

It's not so funny when someone gets hurt or killed. If the other sites allow the discussion of street racing that's their prerogative.

Maybe having one less place to brag about it will give people one less reason to do it.

Don't mean to sound stuffy, but I, along with many others, have read far too many threads across the internet about people dying over some stupid race.

Keep it on the track.

Street racing is illegal for a reason, and it's not just to make life boring.
Old 07-27-03, 02:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
dvp
レジェンド

Car 1: 2002 Black Infiniti Q45

Quote:
Originally posted by LegendGS
There's no such thing as an unintentional race.

It is this site's policy to discourage bragging of the participation in illegal, and deadly activity.

It's not so funny when someone gets hurt or killed. If the other sites allow the discussion of street racing that's their prerogative.

Maybe having one less place to brag about it will give people one less reason to do it.

Don't mean to sound stuffy, but I, along with many others, have read far too many threads across the internet about people dying over some stupid race.

Keep it on the track.

Street racing is illegal for a reason, and it's not just to make life boring.
couldnt have said it myself. I would hit the track more often if my Legend didnt act like it wanted to understeer into the wall. But after my suspension upgrades this summer. you might see me "pimp riding" at the local oval track.

D.

"I have a master plan"

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and those who buy by price alone are this man's lawful prey."-John Ruskin

"Being able to afford to buy a Legend and being able to afford a Legend are two different things. Realize that little, if anything post-purchase on a Legend is "cheap"." the GS

pierinimob: But i love the JIC's the turning is orgasmic, i wouldnt go back to stock ever
Old 07-27-03, 10:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

street racing... booooo
Old 07-28-03, 03:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Street racing is lame! I would tell my story but not enough time. In short, thousands lost and ruined, a friend that is disfigured for life, a driving record that is embarassing and LESS respect then I could get from the track!
Old 07-29-03, 04:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

[email protected], you guys are tight! Let me first say I agree that street racing is stupid. Yes, it's illegal. BUT talking about it isn't! I'll be the first to jump up and flame someone for bragging about streetracing, but they should still be allowed to talk about it. That is their Constitutional right!

I'm shocked at the censorship going on here. Smoking marijuana is illegal too, but do a search and you'll find plenty of discussions that include references to it. How many other things on here are discussed or referenced on this forum that are illegal - Different color corner lights, intakes that are NOT smog legal (or better yet, how to beat the SMOG tests), exhausts that are too loud, tint or decals illegally placed (varies from state-to-state)?

Yeah, I know, your argument is going to be that this is a 'private' forum and you can regulate whatever you want. This is true, but I still think you need to pull whatever pointy thing out of your @$$ and recognize that just because it is discussed doesn't mean that you support it.
Old 07-29-03, 06:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shad_93LSCoupe
[email protected], you guys are tight! Let me first say I agree that street racing is stupid. Yes, it's illegal. BUT talking about it isn't! I'll be the first to jump up and flame someone for bragging about streetracing, but they should still be allowed to talk about it. That is their Constitutional right!

I'm shocked at the censorship going on here. Smoking marijuana is illegal too, but do a search and you'll find plenty of discussions that include references to it. How many other things on here are discussed or referenced on this forum that are illegal - Different color corner lights, intakes that are NOT smog legal (or better yet, how to beat the SMOG tests), exhausts that are too loud, tint or decals illegally placed (varies from state-to-state)?

Yeah, I know, your argument is going to be that this is a 'private' forum and you can regulate whatever you want. This is true, but I still think you need to pull whatever pointy thing out of your @$$ and recognize that just because it is discussed doesn't mean that you support it.
i dont think clear corners and loud exhuasts kill as many people as street racing does.
Old 07-29-03, 09:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Follow Me

Car 1: 1991 Charcoal Sedan L

Send a message via AIM to dap0901 Send a message via Yahoo to dap0901
Again this post is about STREET RACING... and that talk is not allowed here PERIOD!

You led from the front not by following everyone else. That is why our forum is probably one of the best ones on the net!

I do feel your argument about weed, drinking, fastest ever speed...etc. Because these are things that could be done in a car and also cause accidents so maybe we should look at these subjects in addition.
Old 07-29-03, 11:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

Car 1: 01 Audi S4 6spd Blue
Car 2: 00GSR Sedan5spdWhite

Don't forget to add loud stereos and cell phones to the list. Maybe if it isn't discussed, the problem will just go away...
Old 07-29-03, 11:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
LlVlNG LEGEND
Lunar Command Champion

Car 1: 2008 Jeep Commander
Car 2: 2006 Honda CRV
Car 3: 1994 Acura Legend

Send a message via AIM to johndftc
Quote:
Originally posted by Shad_93LSCoupe
intakes that are NOT smog legal (or better yet, how to beat the SMOG tests
not to sound ignorant, but do I have to put my stock intake in next time i go for emissions? I don't see how a different air intake would affect smog levels at all, but hell i'm probably wrong. someone please tell me the rules on this
Old 07-30-03, 12:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS-Auto
Car 2: 1994 Legend GS-6 spd
Car 3: 1993 NSX-6 spd

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Street racing is all about bragging rights. If there is no one to listen to you brag, then maybe there'll be less of an incentive to do it in the first place.

Honestly, I figure we're all adults here and can take responsibility for ourselves. So, as apathetic as it may sound, if you feel "adult" enough to race, then you should be adult enough to accept your fate should you obliterate yourself and your car. However, street racing by definition involves high speed driving and manuvering in uncontrolled environments. This means that you might not end up in a wall, but possibly in another car after smashing dead on into a bystander. No matter how much reponsibility you might take for the consequence of killing others, no one can match the amount of responsiblity that is taken on by the dead and their families; none of whom made a choice to be killed by a driver who needed to brag about how his car was faster than another.

I truly don't care if you choose to brag about your conquests, but bragging about your conquests achieved in street racing is really bragging about intentionally putting innocent people in harms way for the mere purpose of padding your ego (because it really achieves nothing more).

When you make the choice behind the wheel to mash your pedal, you accept the possiblity that you may not come out at the other end alive. This is fine. Your decision. However, in an uncontrolled environment like the street, your acceptance of the possiblity of your own death forces the decision onto passers-by whose only decision is to make it home for dinner.

Like I said, I honestly don't care if you want to brag about racing because I honestly don't care about the result. I know my car, and I'll continue to enjoy my car whether or not it can beat GT Mustangs. So, in my mind, so what if I can beat at GT? What difference does it really make if it can? What difference does it really make if it can't? It's got nothing to do with why I enjoy the Legend. I enjoy the Legend on its own merits as it stands on its own, and not on its merits as compared to other cars.

I also don't care if you're bragging about a race where your life was put at risk because I understand that you're an adult and it's your decision to take that risk.

However, if other lives were put at stake for one individual's egotistical shortfall, then the race was immature, irresponsible, selfish, and therefore clearly nothing to brag about.

Why would you even want to hear someone brag about that? What if your mother was crossing the street in front of a couple of juvenile minded drivers looking to see who makes it to the next light first? Would you like to hear someone brag about that? Fun, isn't it?

One cannot condemn street racing, and then allow continual bragging about it at the same time. It's like saying, "don't do it, but go ahead and brag about it if you did anyway."

How does that help to discourage such activity? Sure, street racing isn't going to vanish, but there is no reason for Matt to want to be a part of keeping it alive, is there?

If you think that street racing is stupid and dangerous, then you should also agree that bragging about it is just as stupid if not dangerous.

Hey Shad, dude, when was the last time you heard of tint and clear corners killing some innocent by-stander?

One more thing to consider: Most people can't drive as well as they think they can. Being able to drive fast has nothing to do with being able to drive well. Are you really that confident in the driving skills of someone who posts that he drove 80 mph in a 40 mph zone (besides the fact that a truly skilled driver would never do that in an uncontrolled environment)? How many people do you think he/she'll be able to hit at that speed after his/her tire blows, and before he/she comes to a stop? How many of those people do you think deserved to be hit, and how many of those peoples' husbands, wives, children, parents, siblings, and friends deserved life-long punishment for that idiot's stupidity?

I'm not married to the rule that forbids such discussion, but if you consider the truth about street racing, you should be able to understand why the forum's administrator has decided to take a stand against it.

[edit] Wholey crap that was a long post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing