street racing - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing

Track Racing Discuss your track racing stories, times, etc. here. NO STREET RACING DISCUSSION. WILL RESULT IN BAN!!! THANK YOU.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-03, 08:39 PM   #31 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Again, I personally am more afraid of having a newby driver, an old grandma that cant see, a woman talking on her Cell phone and putting on make up trying to cut across 4 lanes of traffic, or other bad drivers taking me out.

Banning people for talking about relatively safe racing (be it street racing, drag strip, track, or otherwise) when you just said that some tracks don't have thier act together is kind of... well... illogical. So when I go to a track and tell you guys that I raced ___ and ___ at a track, what is gonna make you think that its any safer than a 4 lane road that is completely empty? You even recognized my point that there are places that aren't completely safe.

I am sure you are going to throw out "Its just safer at a track in general". Sure it is. But speed it speed and a driver wont drive any better in a straight line on an empty highway or at a 1/4 mile track.

Oh yeah, its quite easy to route out the "unsafe" ones. We used to do it on the Forum all the time. No, we didn't delete the thread, we just told the person how retarded it was to drive like a maniac with people nearby that could get injured. Did anyone die on here before we cut out the street racing? No. (don't even try to say "well its too late when someone does die") Saying the discussion of street racing leads to more death is like saying that giving kids condoms for free is going to get them pregnant (we all know that teen pregnancy dropped 40% in schools that distributed them :p ).

Even the Moderators on here (ahem DV8) bring up "highway runs" etc when discussing which car is faster. Look in the threads still around, most of them talk about "after 100mph". Now what legends really depend on their post-100mph accel to win at the track??????????????????????????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-03, 09:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Car 1: 1994 Legend GS-Auto
Car 2: 1994 Legend GS-6 spd
Car 3: 1993 NSX-6 spd

Rest assured that should a thread involving street racing be brought up, the moderators will likely close it. I don't read all of the threads, but I don't recall any of DV8's recent posts involve freeway or street racing.

There are only two moderators taking care of this forum, so not every post will be caught.

Yet again, while I agree that there are dangers during regular daily drives (be it around newbies, the elderly, or drivers who think too highly of their driving skills), the point that I've been trying to make is that it doesn't matter to me if the person racing his/her car gets killed. It is the possiblity of having innocent people getting hurt or killed that is the issue.

Regarding the comment about tracks not having their act together; it was in response to what you said about seeing incidents of cars whipping into spectators. IMO, if a car can easily and with all likelyhood encroach into where the spectators are, quite obviously, there weren't sufficient precautions taken. It was not directed at tracks that have solid concrete walls seperating the spectator from the cars.

The surest way to minimize any possibility of hurting innocents is to take the race to the track where the likelyhood of a driver slamming into a bystander is virtually non-existant. Drivers getting hurt or killed is OK with me. It was the person's choice to participate in the race knowing the possible outcome.

I'm not against racing. I'm trying to make a point against racing in uncontrolled environments.

Again, please don't get confused over what is meant by a safe race. The concern is not primarily for the driver, but for people who might by some chance be in the path of the race.
Old 08-03-03, 02:27 AM   #33 (permalink)

Oh well, I am not in the slightest confused about your definition of a safe race. I guess mine differs in that I see any risk as being equal. You have about a 1000 time better chance of dying in an automobile accident than on a train or airplane. To me street racing is about as dangerous as letting those people who can't drive well hit the streets. Also, we all know how some of us feel on the topic of contributing to the forums and then being censored. Oh well. Good day

Old 08-03-03, 02:45 AM   #34 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Well, street racing is dangerous also because people who can't drive well think that they can drive fast. As stated earlier, just because someone can drive fast doesn't mean that he/she can drive well.

Indeed, we could go around and around on this until the cows come home (did some cows run away while some people were arguing?), but there will always be two views on this issue.

Still street racing remains a negative aspect of life in any light; which is why it is not welcome on this forum.

As far as contribution goes, I'm sure that constructive contribution is welcomed; though I haven't read all the threads posted so I don't know of all the deletions that go on. Street racing isn't really a contribution though.

Anyhow, thanks for keeping it level.
Old 08-04-03, 03:00 AM   #35 (permalink)

No prob.
Old 08-13-03, 01:48 AM   #36 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Seattle Silver LS

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Matt Whelan Send a message via MSN to Matt Whelan
My main thing is that if a site allows it, it may influence the persons decision while driving. Them thinking "Hey, I'll do this manuever and then tell my Acura Legend buddies online about it" and then that person never tells his or her buddies about it b/c that manuever, rev, turn, etc. cost them their life.

Very possible in my opinion. That is why I have this rule.

Thanks for understanding.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fd44ef6e.jpg

Modifications
GS Rims
Acura Gold Emblem Kit
OEM CD Changer
EDM Corners
BMW X5 Xenon Projector headlights
Xenarc Xenon driving lights
Custom Red/Clear/Red taillamps & JDM Red/orange/Red Taillights
6 color Indiglos
Black Mesh Upper Grill
Old 08-13-03, 01:51 AM   #37 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Seattle Silver LS

Send a message via AIM to Matt Whelan Send a message via MSN to Matt Whelan
Quote:
Originally posted by Shad_93LSCoupe

I appreciate your post Graeme. You make some great points and it makes sense. Bottom line, I could care less if I NEVER read about streetracing ever again. That would be ideal! But my concern is how far the moderators will go. How much more will they censor? You know all those posts (pics) by Leon of the scantily clad women. I for one was offended by those as I'm sure a few others were as well. But some like to degrade women that way. Will Leon start to censor himself?

Of course!
Good point...

Thanks for you donation Shad

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/...4/fd44ef6e.jpg

Modifications
GS Rims
Acura Gold Emblem Kit
OEM CD Changer
EDM Corners
BMW X5 Xenon Projector headlights
Xenarc Xenon driving lights
Custom Red/Clear/Red taillamps & JDM Red/orange/Red Taillights
6 color Indiglos
Black Mesh Upper Grill
Old 08-26-03, 09:51 PM   #38 (permalink)

I just had to get in on this one.
I am 32 years old, so I started driving 16 years ago. Back then, I had a 1964 Chavy Impala. We didn't actually have a name for it at the time, but I would "street race' even back then.
I guess what I am trying to say is, even if we stop talking about it, it is not going to go away. Even if there were no furum, it still wouldn't go away.
I'm not saying that it is right to "street race", but at 32, I still do.
Like I read earlier, no matter what kind of racing you are involved in, wether it be NASCAR, NHRA, CASCAR,Ect. There are still going to be innocent lives lost. Cars or car parts can and have flown into the stands and taken lives.
If the moderators of this forum ask that we don't talk about "street racing", then by all means, I think we should refrain from it.

Actually, we are all lucky we haven't been banned for posting in this thread.

Have A Nice Day!
Old 09-16-03, 12:47 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: Fast and Sexy

Send a message via AIM to LegendTypeRKon
Quote:
Originally posted by Dan88Legend
i dont think clear corners and loud exhuasts kill as many people as street racing does.
WHOA... COCKY ehh?

I LOVE this site for all the usefull info that it has, but compared to almost EVERY other site...
We have a SORRY AMOUNT of members...
Nobody even freakin posts....
It takes a couple days to get an answer for many question.
I do think though that we can all tell stories of a street race...
Just dont say I was flying down this highway and I saw a Type R Integra and We went in and out out trafic and I beat his punk ass.

Just say it like this...

"Tonight I raced an Integra Type R
From 55-110 I pulled 2 cars on him.
I showed that kid what a Legend can do"

We dont have to know if it was on the street
for all I know you were on the autobahn or were racing on a 2 mile autocross track or even on a drag strip and you only wanted to tell the story from 55-110.

Just dont be RICE and make a big show out of a race.
Old 09-16-03, 12:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: Fast and Sexy

Send a message via AIM to LegendTypeRKon
ALSO hearing about racing doesnt mean another person is goign to go out and street race. Its like watching a movie about killing someone, doesnt mean i am going to do it.
Its everyone's choice.

I still street race to this day.
I just go out with a bunch of cars to a spot where there is no cars and I go race.
If I have a run in on the street with a car I want to run, I look around and make a decision. I choose to race or not to race depending on road condition, traffic and how well I know the road and area. BE EDJUMACATED!

ALSO... If we talk more about racing,(i never said street racing) just racing in general... We might get more people into the performance section of these forums and we can finally get MIDS going for this Car. And I know almost everyone would enjoy some BALLS for our cars.
Old 09-18-03, 01:31 PM   #41 (permalink)
B+O
I'van der Rohe
Towers of Hanoi Champion

Car 1: why?

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to B+O
Point blank and period. Street racing is dangerous, street racing is stupid and street racing kills. Anything dealing with racing on the highway will not be tolerated nor racing on the streets.

your discriptions give them away. and i will lock and delete any that are tell tale SR tales.

Questions and replys can go to, [email protected] (i dont [email protected] you have to say.net) thanks and goodnight.

im against street racing and will not toleratee it if the webmaster doesn't want it on his site. period.
Old 09-18-03, 01:41 PM   #42 (permalink)
GS Hog
Golden Arrow Champion

Thanks, Ivan. I got burned out on this thread.

I'm just going to lock it because it's mainly repetitious now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Shop Talk > Automotive Discussion > Track Racing