Things wrong with your 1996-2004 Acura RL - Page 6 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)

First Generation RL (1996-2004)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-31-11, 12:08 AM   #76 (permalink)

Car 1: 1996 RL

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
96 RL with 173K. Recently i replaced with OEM NGK spark plugs and when I put in reverse it feels like the car is sputtering or want to cut off(Only happen in the morning when the engine is cold). Also when at a red light, sometime the engine shake for a sec then gone, but i notice when the AC is on the engine shake(sputter?) a lot more frequent. One of the ignition coil tower is cracked, i just order a new one and hope this solve the engine sputtering!
I also had the valve cover gaskets and spark plugs tube seals replaced with OEM gasket and i still found a little of oil inside 2 of the spark plug tubes WTF! Now the car is producing blue smoke from the exhaust. Overall the car is very reliable and a blast to drive, bought the car when it was only 55K on the clock; now with 173k the problems start to raise at once lol.
Alpine type s speakers, Pioneer AVH1400, Sound Ordnance M-4075, Boston Acoustic 12'', Retrofitted Infiniti FX35 OEM projectors with clear lens, Wings West front lip, 02 chrome wheels, 03-04 taillights coming soon...
3.5RL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-13, 07:07 AM   #77 (permalink)

2000 Acura 3.5 RL also has the same problem, its engine shake only in morning when its cold.
pokal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-13, 03:12 AM   #78 (permalink)

Car 1: 1996 RL

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokal View Post
2000 Acura 3.5 RL also has the same problem, its engine shake only in morning when its cold.
I fixed my car already. There was a crack on one of the ignition coil, I replaced it and no more sputtering. Now, it was so damn cold that the steering fluid freeze up and when I turn on the car is making a weird noise like vacuum leak or something. Once the car warm up, it was gone. I might need to replace the fluid when I have time.
Alpine type s speakers, Pioneer AVH1400, Sound Ordnance M-4075, Boston Acoustic 12'', Retrofitted Infiniti FX35 OEM projectors with clear lens, Wings West front lip, 02 chrome wheels, 03-04 taillights coming soon...
3.5RL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-13, 08:31 AM   #79 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to lisahar Send a message via Skype™ to lisahar
Problems:
Need new struts all around
Electric windows
Remote entry
Navigation system in some other language.

Need help
lisahar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 05:56 AM   #80 (permalink)

Hello,
The second-generation Acura RL was produced from 2005-'12.It sported a tighter,more athletic look than the frumpier stance of its predecessor. The new car also introduced a 290-horsepower V6,a five-speed automatic transmission,an advanced all-wheel-drive system and only one trim level.

Customer Service and Client Safety and are our TOP priority The Limo Company serves Sacramento and surrounding cities for airport shuttle service and transportation
Airport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-13, 04:27 PM   #81 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Legend L Cloth Type II Auto
Car 2: 1994 LS Coupe 6speed

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airport View Post
Hello,
The second-generation Acura RL was produced from 2005-'12.It sported a tighter,more athletic look than the frumpier stance of its predecessor. The new car also introduced a 290-horsepower V6,a five-speed automatic transmission,an advanced all-wheel-drive system and only one trim level.
Hey Mr. Airport,

You list your location as USA but I see you sent the gibberish above from Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Do you care to explain?

Old 03-27-14, 09:20 AM   #82 (permalink)

1996-2004 Acura RL

I agree with you..Ransom
Old 05-29-14, 01:44 AM   #83 (permalink)

hi everyone i have a 2001 acura rl my alternator was not charging so put a new one and new battery but still not charging. i checked all the fuses inside and in the engine compartment all ok checked all grounds ok not sure anyone have an idea please thanks.
sarg_0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-14, 04:29 AM   #84 (permalink)

Car 1: 99 3.5 RL

Headlight issue

Does anyone have any insight into why a headlight would continually go out but turn back on seconds later? 99 acura rl , bulb has been thoroughly tested and ballast as well, seem to be in good working order.

Cause

1) Speed bump
2) sharp turn
jipkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 09:54 AM   #85 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Legend Ka9

Hi, everybody!

I here the newcomer, on it can write the question not there where it is necessary, excuse me in advance.

The question with a suspension bracket of the Honda Legend Ka9 car, namely with a forward suspension bracket, the forward lower lever is very popular.

On the forward lower lever there are 3 saylentblok. Forward (very first) it is possible to buy in the original in shop. Saylentblok under the shock-absorber it is possible to buy the polyurethane. And what to do with pressed in the lever? We tried to get it - left so that it consists of two parts, but to pick up any analog or substitute couldn't. Maybe you will prompt what to do with it? There are numbers of the spare part of analog on this saylentblok? THANKS CLUB!

treal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-15, 10:10 AM   #86 (permalink)

need help)
Old 10-15-15, 06:16 PM   #87 (permalink)

Car 1: 2012 Acura MDX Advanced
Car 2: 1994 Acura Legend GS
Car 3: 1999 BMW M Roadster

Send a message via AIM to legend921
I have an 04 with 223k miles on it that I had just picked up recently. My issue right now is my steering column does not move up down in or out.
legend921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-15, 09:03 PM   #88 (permalink)

Hi. Just today I asked this question to the master, after visual inspection of the motor it was found that the damaged gear shaft that drives the steering column. Here is a photo
Old 10-27-15, 05:51 PM   #89 (permalink)

Car 1: Honda Legend 1999

I bought a 1999 Legend recently with 66k on the clock. Few minor niggles with it:
  • Passenger's side door handle needs to be physically pushed in before it will close
  • Driver's side back door won't open from inside
  • Window won't open on above mentioned door
  • Heated seats don't work ()
  • Exhaust rattles

I did install a pie-hon aux in to the stereo so I can now plug in my mp3 player.
Greveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 01:25 PM   #90 (permalink)

Things that are fucked up on my 1996 RL/Legend

1.) Electric windows
2.) Remote entry
3.) Wiper Blades
4.) Navigation system in Japanese
thaonguyenshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura RL > First Generation RL (1996-2004)