Acura Legend Forum banner

Trunk Release not working any more

19K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  seamusNH 
#1 ·
Just a week or so ago, the trunk release button on the driver's side door ceased to work for some reason. My guess is a loose connection just needs to be re-soldered somewhere in the door (all of the opening and closing over the years takes its toll I suppose. Anyone else had this problem? Any advice on where I should start?

Thanks!

#3 ·
^ +1
I always lock it, and when my parents sometimes drive the car they think something's wrong. I just tell them to flip the switch and press again.

#6 ·
trunk release

yea i have the same problem. the switch is on in the glove box and the button on the door doesn't work. so my friend thought he was a smart ass and told me he could fix it. so he took most of the parts in the latch out in the trunk. until my friend came over with his tight ass EJ2:woot:..so he just put everything back or watever..then this dumbass tried to close it and it couldn't.:wtf:.so he put everything back correctly and we went to go kick it LOL..the button still doesn't work. so anyways..how do i fix this..????

#7 ·
My switch in the door does not work either. I just recently bought a 2000 Acura RL, one owner...asian lady! So needless to say, the car has had some minor work done to it and it appears the door panel has come off before. So I'm thinking they forgot to connect it? How do you guys get that door off? Any techniques?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.