G1 "Lowering" control arms GB - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > Group Buys

Group Buys This forum section is for Group Buys & for paying Acura-legend.com Sponsors to post sales to the Legend Community.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-09, 11:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
G1 "Lowering" control arms GB

Ok boys and girls we are now looking at the chance to correct our front camber problems that come with lowering the G1 Legend. I have personally seen Fut's 90 and had it in my shop. I will say this is the best job I have ever seen on a G1. The Camber is PERFECT! So...I had a talk with Fut and he had a talk with his fabricator. We CAN have these arms too! They may seem a bit pricey at first but really they are not! At approximately $250 per set think of all the tires you have killed in less than half their normal life. Think of how much better your car will look with the tires sitting straight like they are meant to. What I want to do here is find at least 5 interested hopefully more so we can drive the price down even more. Look guys I AM DOING THIS for both my G1's with or without a GB but now is our chance to get this done at an affordable price. Also if your ball joints are crap, I can purchase BRAND NEW control arms for around $70 each. then you can have those modded.
C'mon everyone jump on this and lets see how many of these we can do.

Look at that Camber...Perfect

Oh Yeah, Please if you aren't serious PLEASE don't bother posting up. I am doing this to help out my fellow Legend lovers and will not have it dragged out over months and months....If this feeler proves a strong interest, Fut and I will manage the GB and make it happen but if not he and I will have the only correctly lowered G1's in existence so dont miss out on this!

C'mon guys I've sent one set to the fabricator for Fut. All of you who showed interest, We need to know if you're really in. The fab needs to build a jig for this project and he is REQUIRING 10 sets or he will charge for the jig. If we don't get 10 we will just have to let this go. THAT WOULD REALLY SUCK! So if you're really serious it's time to get on the list and we will be accepting payment starting in a couple of weeks.

List for Mod with new arms $350:
1) BDAZZG1 (Tony)
2) Fut
3) l4zy415 (James)
4) sam o nela (Gabe)
5) Car2n
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

List for Mod only (supply your own arms) $230:

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Remember I need 10 purchases of new arms also or the price goes back up to $150 for the arms which will make it $380 for the modded arms.

Last edited by sam o nela; 05-21-09 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-09, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Oh Yeah, Please if you aren't serious PLEASE don't bother posting up. I am doing this to help out my fellow Legend lovers and will not have it dragged out over months and months....If this feeler proves a strong interest, Fut and I will manage the GB and make it happen but if not he and I will have the only correctly lowered G1's in existence so dont miss out on this!
Old 04-28-09, 11:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
LegeNd-SX car2n's dream

Car 1: 1988 acura legend
Car 2: Legend+NSX=LegeNd-Sx
Car 3: Comptech SC

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hi Tony nice work on tubadude's G1! Well I bet you I'll need this so count me in, can we see pics of them and also what pieces are we going to get?

In memory of my son Isai "car2n"

Old 04-29-09, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2n View Post
Hi Tony nice work on tubadude's G1! Well I bet you I'll need this so count me in, can we see pics of them and also what pieces are we going to get?
As of this moment, the only completed units in existence are on Fut's car. What you will get is both upper control arms modified and reinforced to correct the negative camber problem associated with lowering the G1. They will work for ALL G1 Coupes and Sedans lowered 1-2 inches. If you opt to have me supply the new arms they will include Brand new bushings and ball joints. with enough orders the fabricator will actually build a jig to crank these things out at a reduced price. I can supply both NEW arms with ball joints and bushings for $140, which is my cost on them, and it is the $250 for modding them that we want to drive down with the GB. If you have good arms we can mod yours and save you the extra $140.
I will see if Fut can post up some pics of his. But for now here's a pic of his car from our meet.

Look at that Camber...Perfect

Last edited by BDAZZG1; 04-29-09 at 09:23 PM.
Old 04-29-09, 12:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I'm all in; wait, that's my favorite line in poker ...you know what I mean Tony!
Old 04-29-09, 12:38 AM   #6 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Here is a good close up of Fut's front End...

Now notice the Fuc*ed camber on mine and Ferjie's sedans (end cars) and Fut's (setting next to my Sedan) looking so good...
Old 04-29-09, 01:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by car2n View Post
Hi Tony nice work on tubadude's G1!
Thanks!
Old 04-29-09, 01:13 AM   #8 (permalink)

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDAZZG1 View Post
I will say this is the best job I have ever seen on a G1.
Hard to say what this means...

Quote:
So...I had a talk with Fut and he had a talk with his fabricator. We CAN have these arms too!
How exactly will these arms be made?
Old 04-29-09, 01:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendvr View Post
Hard to say what this means...
What this means is there is nothing out there to correct camber on a G1 and in my professional opinion the modification work done to Fut's control arms superior. The fab shop that did it knew what they were doing.
I am an extreme performance driver...I regularly exceed 120 MPH in my Legend...I drive it hard because it's fun...I enjoy my Legend to the extreme. I am a Professional and a Shop owner who IS going to use these modded arms on my car. This will be great for all who have lowered or want to lower their G1

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendvr View Post
How exactly will these arms be made?

Stock upper control arms will be modified.

Last edited by BDAZZG1; 04-29-09 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-29-09, 02:01 AM   #10 (permalink)

Car 1: 1989 Melbourne Blue Honda Legend
Car 2: 1989 Honda Legend
Car 3: 1989 Turbo Legend

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 89HondaLegend
ROFL, no wonder you are dying for these Tony, do the outside of your tyres even come in contact with the ground?

Fut's sedan... drooling.

Love to Love the Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarettcancerman
a legend is a good car but its not imortal when exposed to some one who puts blue windshield wipers and a racing stripe on it.
1989 Honda Legend Melbourne Blue - 203 000 Miles
1991 Honda Legend Maroon - 230 000 Miles

Pictures of My Legend
Old 04-29-09, 02:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
Count me the fuck in!!!!

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
Old 04-29-09, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Im interested! I have a brand new set of upper control arms just sitting in my closet waiting to go on my car that I can ship out if this GB comes together.
Old 04-29-09, 10:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89HondaLegend View Post
ROFL, no wonder you are dying for these Tony, do the outside of your tyres even come in contact with the ground?

Fut's sedan... drooling.

Barely
Old 04-29-09, 10:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxlegend View Post
Im interested! I have a brand new set of upper control arms just sitting in my closet waiting to go on my car that I can ship out if this GB comes together.
Great! this is gettin alot of attention!
Old 04-29-09, 10:35 AM   #15 (permalink)
Experience the Legend!

Austin??? Gabe???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > Group Buys