Potential Legend Buyers Please Read This First "buyer Beware" - Page 7 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > Cars For Sale > Legends For Sale

Legends For Sale Post your Legend, RL, or other for sale in this category.

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 06-09-09, 01:49 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb26 View Post
Kidding about what? You do know what a GS type II motor is right? Why do you think people swap the type I with the type II? The 3.5 is decent but doesn't have that nice formula 1 scream to it. Not to mention it was geared with a good bit lower redline. I don't care for my mothers 98 RL. It's good for her SUPER slow style of driving. I however am not a 'grandma' like she is literally. The newer 3.5 is likely improved but I KNOW the Legend gets better fuel economy HANDS DOWN!
So the GS type II has VTAK!!?!!?!!?! zomg.
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-09, 11:48 AM   #92 (permalink)

Car 1: 89 Legend LS 5Spd
Car 2: 00 gsxr 600

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
your all not the smartest people in the world

you should never buy any kind of car ever that "HAS A LITTLE ISSUE, OR NEEDS MINOR WORK" unless you are a mechanic and know how to fixit. and second of all people dont need to know how retarted you are because you got bhg. good for you learn how to work on your car.
3rdly head gaskets are not expensive to fix unless you are an ASE certified dip shit WOW $107 FOR A WHOLE GASKET KIT $400 at a head shop oooooooo!!!!!Japan Engines

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK
Raulporkuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 04:52 AM   #93 (permalink)

who else has experienced Japanese used cars?
pokal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-15, 02:57 AM   #94 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 Acura Legend

My '93 Legend has an overheating problem right now and I'm not certain if it's the head gasket.

I've replaced the rad and it didn't help. I removed the thermostat and now I can drive about 70 km on the highway before it over heats.

I replaced the head gasket last summer (at 460,000 km) after I drove the car excessively while it was over heating, to the point where the engine seized and the car stalled, twice. Yes, I know. It was idiotic, I was planning on getting another car but ended up just fixing it.

I also replaced the head gasket 5 years ago (at 310,000 km) after I had floored the car on the highway. It down shifted, it took off and out came billows of white smoke. I took the heads off and sure enough, one of the rings around the cylinder was pushed out (BHG confirmed).

I've never had the heads machine because each time, I checked them as accurately as I could and I couldn't fit any of the feeler gauge tabs under the straight edge I used.

But do you really think the head gasket is gone again?! I've also read that the fins on the water pump corrode over time and become smaller therefore they are less able to pump water. I replaced the water pump and timing belt when I replaced the head gaskets at 310,000 km. Since my car will drive so far, I'm inclined to think it's the water pump. Any thoughts?

Last edited by bchmiel; 06-01-15 at 03:12 AM. Reason: added info
bchmiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > The Marketplace > Cars For Sale > Legends For Sale