94 6MT Help? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum
 

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-13, 05:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question 94 6MT Help?

I had a couple issues with my 93 auto coupe. So like any fine fellow I went ahead and picked up a 94 Black on Black 6MT coupe today . So a couple questions, will my 2.5inch catback exhaust off the 93 auto coupe bolt right on to the 94 6mt coupe? Same question but with the intake. Both cars have TCS? One other thing, of course before purchasing the 94 I had the dealer let the car run for 15mins after the test drive to check the temp guage, the car road smooth as can be, no grinds, and no spike in temp (at 1/3 the entire time). I drove the car 100miles back home, no problem. A couple hours later, went to the store to get some things and the temp guage spiked to "H" and then right back down to normal? I'm so confused? Hoping it's not signs of a BHG. I'm going to change the thermostat in the AM and see if that helps. Any advise on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's

Last edited by Type_Duece; 06-19-13 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Fixed :)
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-18-13, 10:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Moderator
 
BIGBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Home of The Wire!
Posts: 7,284


Car 1: 94 acura legend ls


iTrader Score: 8 reviews
All the parts are PNP. Make sure your fans are working properly.
__________________
BIGBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-13, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Cool, thx mang
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 06-18-13, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Alright so something new popped up. The car is making a rattling noice at start up and when I accelerate. It kind of boggs as im accelerating also. I dont know if its coming from the motor or under it. Any thoughts?
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 06:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Could be a heat shield
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 06:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288


Car 1: 1993 Acura legend L coupe 6spd


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_Duece View Post
I had a couple issues with my 93 auto coupe. So like any fine fellow I went ahead and picked up a 94 Black on Black 6MT coupe today . So a couple questions, will my 2.5inch catback exhaust off the 93 auto coupe bolt right on to the 94 6mt coupe? Same question but with the intake. Both cars have TCS? One other thing, of course before purchasing the 94 I had the dealer let the car run for 15mins after the test drive to check the temp guage, the car road smooth as can be, no grinds, and no spike in temp (at 1/3 the entire time). I drove the car 100miles back home, no problem. A couple hours later, went to the store to get some things and the temp guage spiked to "H" and then right back down to normal? I'm so confused? Hoping it's not signs of a BHG. I'm going to change the thermostat in the AM and see if that helps. Any advise on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated.
What part of AZ you in ?
__________________
Teejc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 11:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Im down in Tucson, Az
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 10:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288


Car 1: 1993 Acura legend L coupe 6spd


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_Duece View Post
Im down in Tucson, Az
I am Moving down to tucson at the end of the month, maybe ill be see you around. You'll find me in a black coupe as well
__________________
Teejc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 01:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Mos def homie. I really don't see to many Legends around here anymore, let alone any coupes. We used to have a lil club around here yrs ago. There were 5 coupes (2 auto's, 2 5mt, & 1 6mt). But we all got rid of them for one reason or another and went for higher HP cars (DSM's and LS1's).
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 01:09 PM   #10 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Our club been going since 05 some left and some are still around plus we still growing.
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 01:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288


Car 1: 1993 Acura legend L coupe 6spd


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Type_Duece View Post
Mos def homie. I really don't see to many Legends around here anymore, let alone any coupes. We used to have a lil club around here yrs ago. There were 5 coupes (2 auto's, 2 5mt, & 1 6mt). But we all got rid of them for one reason or another and went for higher HP cars (DSM's and LS1's).
I see a white auto coupe with tan interior at the mall all the time with no bumper in tucson thats it. Hopefully we will see eachother driving and pick on some other cars or somethng
__________________
Teejc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 01:43 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Thats whats up mang. We were all homies in High School that fell in love with the same car. Its was cool because there wasn't another group like ours. Nobody really knew anything about Legends untill the purge kit went off :-)
On a side note going to check out the heat sheild and clean my EGR today. Ill post some pics and update tonight.
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 02:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288


Car 1: 1993 Acura legend L coupe 6spd


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
i love these cars, i wish there was still a crew haha.
__________________
Teejc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-13, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 288


Car 1: 1993 Acura legend L coupe 6spd


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
btw, what kinda catback exhaust are you running ?
__________________
Teejc18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-13, 12:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Type_Duece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Southern Az
Posts: 94


Car 1: 93 Legend Coupe Auto
Car 2: 94 Legend Coupe 6MT


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Magna flow hi flow cat
Custom 2.5 inch piping
And a cylinder muffler I regret installing haha
I wanted to make a sound clip of a few mufflers but didnt work out so im stuck with it the time being.
My 94 just has a stock exhaust. Waiting untill my 3.5 swap to do anything to it.
__________________

Blk on Blk 94 6MT Coupe
White on Tan 93 Auto Coupe
~Intake
~Full Cat-Bck w/Hi Flo
~H.I.D's
Type_Duece is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide