Alright, I guess I'll try to answer the Gentex mirror (my favorite mod) first and second for the Hella Micro DE fog lights.
Instruction picture is from manufacture for general purpose to follow, but below are details of what I did to install the Gentex mirror.
For the Gentex mirror
: options include auto dim, compass, outside temperature reading, ice elert and UV index DIY only:
a. Drill bits size: 17/64 (or smaller), 3/8
b. Power or cordless drill
c. Wire cutter, stripper and crimper
d. Phillip & flat head screw drivers
e. DC Volt Meter (required)
f. Electrical tapes or heat shrinks
g. Tie wraps
h. Flash light or garage working light
j. Soldering iron (if prefer)
Can't think of any more hand tools at the moment
Disconnect your negative battery terminal as for your safety, you'll be working near air bag wiring harness fuse box panel below driver's side (inside the car). Remember to restore your Bose HU code (if applicable) before disconnect your battery terminal.
You have 2 choices to drill hole through the fire wall to route temperature and UV index sensor (if applicable) wiring harness:
a. Either behide driver side fuse box panel (inside the car) (this is my option).
Later you can route this wiring harness above the driver's side fender liner & tie wrap them to existing electrical wiring harness.
b. Or below brake master cylinder (if I'm correct) wiring harness must be going through the engine compartment. (this is not my option).
1. Drill hole through fire wall (I used 3/8 drill bit)
2. Route both temp. & UV index sensors wiring harness (make sure insert them inside the PVC tube if supplies) from the front bumper under grill or license plate up through driver's side fender liner through fire wall up to driver's side A-pillar trim and finally tuck the mirror wiring harness up to headliner & slide underneath between the roof.
3. Route the power wire harness from the mirror along the A-pillar to the fuse box under driver's side panel.
Power connection preparation from the ignition wiring harness connector:
Ignition wiring harness is where I used the power from (because the mirror required +12Vdc constant and +12Vdc on/off through ignition switch). I unplugged the ignition connector to help my work easier (flat head screw driver will help you here). You can either slice the power to the mirror or solder directly to this ignition wiring harness, (just strip off the insulation to where it needed) (I soldered mine).
Ignition wiring harness sample (bad one removed from my car a while ago).
a. Black / White stripe = ground 0 Vdc
b. White = +12 Vdc constant power battery
c. Black / Yellow stripe = +12 Vdc supply switch by ignition.
Gentex mirror winshield mount tab issue: This type of Gentex mirror doesn't design for direct replacement to our Legend OEM mirror so this is why the MOD must take place.
1. Remove OEM mirror off the winshield, unscrew mirror holding SCREW + SPRING + LOCKING RING (I called) completely off the mirror. (Save these 3 CAPITALIZE items for later use on Gentex mirror).
2. Remove the original hex screw on the gentex mirror. (Notice that the OEM screw is bigger in diameter size than Gentex screw). So you need to drill a larger hole on Gentex mirror in order to fit this OEM screw over that same place.
3. To be safe, just be careful and take your times to use smaller than 17/64 drill bit size to start with and work out slowly for bigger size to fit OEM screw snugly. (Keep in mind that: it's very easy to make holes bigger than smaller).
4. Use phillip screw driver to turn this OEM screw counter clockwise from the bottom end up slowly to make new threads on the Gentex mirror.
5. When done, reinstall LOCKING RING + SPRING back in with this OEM screw on your new Gentex mirror.
6. And also notice that the remaining mounting tab on your winshield too. I saw 3 dots pop up in triangle shape (if touches by fingers) (I don't know what to call them). I guess they are there for locking purpose originally. Go ahead and file the 2 bottom ones to flat surface to help slice and clip your new mirror in place more secure and tie.
6. Don't forget to plug your wiring harness to the back of the Gentex mirror before tighten the screw.
7. Plug your ignition connector back in place (fuse box panel).
8. Finally, reconnect your negative battery terminal, turn on ignition switch, reset your HU code ... Start calibrating your new mirror by following instruction (if included).
BTW: Front bumper, driver's side fender & hood are dark green color picked up from the yunk yard different from the rest of my car color black. Why? involved in accident about 2 years ago. I'll have them paint matching black color later maybe this summer.
What a cheap stainless steel cluster guage face from ebay, I probably remove it when try to install the cluster guage LED.