Another new Gentex mirror and Hella Micro DE installed - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-07, 08:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Hmm. I got mine open box unused for $100 shipped and thought I got a deal. Oh well. I don't know what an angle grinder is, but I put a towel over my console and put a weight to hold it on top of the dash. All that wood grain and electronics scratch easily. I'm not sure what to tell you as far as a stuck screw. They're a bitch. The screw is either a 1" or a 3/4". You only have to loosen the screw a few turns though and then the mirror slides off forward(toward the front of the car). Maybe you could just muscle it off. The two little bumps you'll be filing off are the only things holding it forward. I don't know. Its a tough call.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-07, 01:31 PM   #32 (permalink)
what!

Car 1: 95 LS Coupe 6 spd
Car 2: 02 TT225 Quattro 6sp
Car 3: 94 L Cpe 6spd - sold

iTrader Score: 20 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to kotetu Send a message via AIM to kotetu Send a message via MSN to kotetu Send a message via Yahoo to kotetu
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptan1968 View Post
1. Remove fog lights cover. There should be a hole that allows access to the screw without removing the cover. Just lay flat under the bumper and look up at the front of the blinker. (could be a type 2 coupe feature)
2. Unscrew bumper signal lights. (Screws are hiding from the bottom to where you just removed the fog lights cover, must lay down and look up you'll see them).
3. Remove engine's protected plastic from the bottom by unscrew 3 screws in the middle, 2 on each side to hold fender liners. bolts, not screws.
4. And finally remove 2 holding bumper bolts on each side from the front next to signal lights. These are behind the blinkers, which is why you need to remove them.
5. Hold and slide out your bumper. Take your time and you can do it. It may be tight, just pull it evenly and slowly - if you drop it you could damage your paint.
kotetu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-07, 02:52 PM   #33 (permalink)

Car 1: 92 Acura Vigor
Car 2: 94 Mits. 3000GT
Car 3: 91 Toyota MR2

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollectiveInk View Post
Whew! Glad I didn't buy that then. It just seemed like a bargain compared to the 189-239 most were going for.

Hmm, so you can DIY one from salvage parts. Cool. I'd assume it's gotta come out of a fairly recent vehicle (less than 5 years old?) Might have to look into this further.
Go to a self service junkyard where they have GM cars made roughly any year after 2000. Just never buy a mirror that had OnStar built into it cause the harness has a ton of wires and it will be a pain to figure them out.

The auto dim and compass mirrors on cars like Chevy Impala/Monte Carlo are super easy to install. They have only 2 wire (ground and switched hot).
With a compass 2 more wire go to the temp probe usually mounted somwhere in front of the bottom end of the a/c condensor.

Oh, and don't buy that mirror on ebay that is advertised as #1 mirror on ebay. It is TOTAL TRASH. I got one as a gift and the POS would never read temp properly. It would keep jumping 5 degrees in either direction constantly.

A used GM car mirror will work the best. Ford/mazda ones are known to fail more often.
Texan_176 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-07, 11:05 AM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: Carless

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Black Type II
grrrr all this electrical work...sheesh...no way the hella's can fit without splicing or mods? i just have 1 broken fog and going through all this lol....and now the mirror needs more complex electrical work

1995 Milano Red LS 6SPD where are you?
Black Type II is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)