Another Ticket...[Help me!!!] - Page 3 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-08, 07:31 PM   #31 (permalink)
KA8

Car 1: '91 L Coupe

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dannymyboy
Hahaha you guys got me there. I'm still young so im just having my fun i guess. Thanks for all the feed back everyone. I'm planning to pick up 2 front windows for $100 and try to bargain for $75 and just swap it out and get my ticket signed off and repeat if anything. [I'm picking the windows up from the dismantling place from where i get the JDM headlights. He has a couple of pairs of KA8 and TONS of KA7 so PM me if intrested. I've been lagging on everyone else on them, havent had much time to be on the forum to make sales just been using to get help and advice for my car.]
-dB
dannymyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-08, 01:48 AM   #32 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 white L coupe 6spd
Car 2: GS400
Car 3: ae86

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to toyotas4life86
got kush
the legend is da best smokin car back in da day fit like 5 people in the back and hot boxed 3 blunts
turn blunts into roaches

Got kush?

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly
thats my motto
toyotas4life86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-08, 01:52 AM   #33 (permalink)

Car 1: 94 white L coupe 6spd
Car 2: GS400
Car 3: ae86

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to toyotas4life86
oh yah i want sum jdm headlights for a coupe how much
goiod luck with the tint
toyotas4life86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-08, 08:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

Car 1: '95 Coupe
Car 2: '94 Sedan GS
Car 3: '90 Coupe

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to FutureX 2001 Send a message via AIM to FutureX 2001 Send a message via MSN to FutureX 2001
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannymyboy View Post
I didnt chase after him because I was already drunk.
-dB

Get off my effin' roads before you kill someone I care about, being young is not an excuse to be stupid.
FutureX 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 01:19 AM   #35 (permalink)
Type II King

Car 1: 94 Legend Gs type II

iTrader Score: 11 reviews
i have had friends that get their doctors to sign a note permitting their window tint for sensitive skin haha it works everytime.. the cop will just look at it all confused and let you go.
2.5" mandrel exhaust, deleted cat, cold air intake, web cam regrinds, comp cam valve springs, port & polish heads and manifold, tb bypass, egr block, five speed clutch/flywheel, 80a polyurethane mounts all around, type 1 pulley, headers,re-fabed y-pipe, SR5guy Custom Chip, 6speed swap, safc II, strut bar, F/R sway bars, FL tie bars, ksports,tune
243.3 hp 197.7 ftlb N/A dynapack before manual swap
232.8 hp 204.0 ftlb N/A dynojet 10/19/07
13.737 1/4 mile @ 100.207 mph & 2.012 60' NA
Forevralegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 02:10 AM   #36 (permalink)

Car 1: 93 LS Sedan
Car 2: 90 Camry DX

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
ok wasn't your first ticket a fix it ticket? just tell the cop u already got pulled over for it and still have X amount of months to pay it off and u will get it fixed and she shouldve left u alone

and about the hotboxing... i just boxed the legend last night. this car was made for it. haha
IAmLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 04:10 AM   #37 (permalink)
A 15yr O.G. Owner!

Car 1: 1993 Black Legend L Coupe w/mild mods
Car 2: 1993 Lexus ES300
Car 3: 2000 Lexus LS400

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Tisk, tisk! Glad I'm too damn old to still be doin' that kind of stuff. You're playing with fire (literally) blazing up in your car and with front window tint. Take Jim Carrey's advice. It's free.

In 14 yrs of having my windows light tinted all the way around, l've only been pulled over for it once-and I also live in Cali. Cop gave me a choice-either replace missing front plate or strip off tint.

Guess which one I chose?
Big Boi (LS 400 Lexus) & Little Homey (Legend L Coupe)
Acural53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 11:55 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Car 1: 95 Sherwood Sedan
Car 2: 94 Canterbury Sedan

iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ymisoqt
Let us know how the window swap goes. And you can pm me if you get stuck trying to replace the windows. All's you need is a phillips head, and a 10mm socket wrench with an extension. And if you are going to go through all of that you should put some grease in your channel runs while your in there. I picked up a tube of Honda grease from the dealer for $25. And quit driving around fucked up, it's not safe and dui's are expensive and can ruin your chances of getting a good job!
ymisoqt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-08, 01:41 PM   #39 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Car 1: '92 Acura Legend LS 5spd
Car 2: '90 Jeep Cherokee

iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to EvilRed92Legend
I'm all about hot-boxing it, but with illegally tinted windows, and your car obviously already has a reputation? G2BMC!!! Stick to the back roads man! G2BMC!!!

1992 Acura Legend LS 5spd *sig by BBoarder711*
. . . A Legend Reborn . . . JDM One-Piece Headlights . . . Moonroof Tilt Mod . . . K&N Filter . . . B+G Sport Suspension Springs . . . Koni Red Shocks . . .

Facebook Me!
EvilRed92Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 03:41 AM   #40 (permalink)
MAD DOG!

Car 1: 97 honda prelude
Car 2: 92 LEGEND LS

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
Well the rear windows can be tinted or even painted black, but the front windows need to be clear. The cops are just asshole and have nothing to do. They won't throw you in prison for having weed (depends on the baggie lol) If its a roach, they'll just throw it on the floor and step on it.
in hawaii its totally different... they get really mad with you tint the back window because they high beam your ass when they pull you over so they can see what youre doing inside the car... if you have the back window tinted dark they dont know if your getting a shot gun ready for them.
Old 06-29-08, 04:13 AM   #41 (permalink)
FRISCO LEGEND BABY!!!!
Bullseye Blaster 2 Champion, Bean Hunter Champion, Clover Crunch Champion, Fight Man Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Frantic Killer Champion, Froggster Champion

Car 1: 1988 Acura Legend Sedan

iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to l4zy415 Send a message via MSN to l4zy415
^ Now that's crazy out there lol. That means you gotta be really careful driving around Hawaii.

17" DRAG DR-11 Rims/\Matador Red Paint/\Custom CAI/\LED Bright White Dash Lights/\Kenwood KDC-X590 Excelon Mp3 Deck/\Ford Taurus Coin/Cup Holder/\2 12" Kickers/\1800 Watt Kenwood Mono Amp/\Power Acoustic Capacitor/\Clear Rear Turn Signal/\Reverse Glow Gauges/\Swapped 88' Headlights to 89'-90'/\Swapped 88' seats to 89'/\JDM Rear Chrome Trim/\JDM Clear Corner/\JDM Power Folding-Heated Mirrors/\Stromung Muffler
l4zy415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-08, 07:58 AM   #42 (permalink)
Cassis Red Pearl

Car 1: '92 Acura Legend LS 5spd
Car 2: '90 Jeep Cherokee

Send a message via AIM to EvilRed92Legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgandul View Post
in hawaii its totally different... they get really mad with you tint the back window because they high beam your ass when they pull you over so they can see what youre doing inside the car... if you have the back window tinted dark they dont know if your getting a shot gun ready for them.
See, that actually makes sense. Generally the police's concern with tint is that it obstructs their view into your car when they've got you pulled over. It's for their own protection. They could give two shits about safety concerns or whatever else. The police in Bethlehem, PA are infamous for checking your tint with some special device and making you scrape it off on the spot if it blocks any more than 13% of sunlight. Therefore, I don't fuck with tint.

1992 Acura Legend LS 5spd *sig by BBoarder711*
. . . A Legend Reborn . . . JDM One-Piece Headlights . . . Moonroof Tilt Mod . . . K&N Filter . . . B+G Sport Suspension Springs . . . Koni Red Shocks . . .

Facebook Me!
EvilRed92Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 04:29 PM   #43 (permalink)

Car 1: 95 Legend GS Sedan
Car 2: 98 E.B. Expedition
Car 3: 88 Integra RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4zy415 View Post
Well the rear windows can be tinted or even painted black, but the front windows need to be clear. The cops are just asshole and have nothing to do. They won't throw you in prison for having weed (depends on the baggie lol) If its a roach, they'll just throw it on the floor and step on it.
Actually to clarify, it used to be that way. Here are the current regs. enacted as of January 1, 1999

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In California, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.

Windshield: Non-reflective tint is allowed on the top 4 inches of the windshield.
Front Side Windows: Must allow more than 70% of light in.
Back Side Windows: Any darkness can be used.
Rear Window: Any darkness can be used.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN CALIFORNIA?

Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.
Front Side Windows: Must not be more reflective than a standard window.
Back Side Windows: Must not be more reflective than a standard window.

OTHER CALIFORNIA RULES AND REGULATIONS

Restricted Colors: The tint color(s) of RED AMBER BLUE are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors: Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements: Manufacturers of film do NOT need to certify the film they sell in the state.
Sticker Requirements: No sticker to identify legal tinting is required.
Medical Exemption: State law does NOT allow medical exemptions that would allow you use special tint.*

* there are specific provisions for use of temporary shade devices which cannot be used after dusk (night time)

Hey Dannyboy, don't be an ass and drive drunk, how would you feel if some drunk driver kills someone in your family, say your mom, dad, etc. may be even a baby sibling.
EhBrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-08, 07:04 PM   #44 (permalink)
Ken
Heli Attack 2 Champion

Car 1: 94 6-speed - RIP

Send a message via AIM to Ken
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forevralegend View Post
i have had friends that get their doctors to sign a note permitting their window tint for sensitive skin haha it works everytime.. the cop will just look at it all confused and let you go.
yea, I know someone that did that. I'm planning on doing the same when I tint.
Old 09-12-08, 07:28 PM   #45 (permalink)

mmm....citations. i got bunch o' tickets back in the day. no more for me, i've had my share. but really though, i dont know the exact percentage but my girl got 20 in the front and 15 in the back with no problems. i dunno how she does it, maybe cuz she's cute...idk. but basically they dont want dark ass tint in the back cuz they cant see you when they have they spotlights pointed in your cabin, and your front windows cant be tinted cuz they think you might be pointing a shot gun at them, or getting a shot gun to point at them
dumplingcorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)