Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors? - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-20-06, 06:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car 1: 02 Audi S4
Car 2: 97 Honda Accord SE

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?

I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between these two rotors:

Brembo Rotor #N1000-65488
Fits:
91-95 Legend 3.2 L 2dr
91-95 Legend 3.2 LS 2dr
91-95 Legend 3.2 Std/L 4dr
1997-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 LX 4WD
1998-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 EX 4WD
1998-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 LX 2WD
1996 - 1998 Acura TL
Isuzu Oasis

Brembo Rotor #25464
Fits:
1997 - 2001 ACURA INTEGRA Type R (!)
1991 - 1992 ACURA LEGEND COUPE
1991 - 1993 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN
1994 - 1995 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN Excludes GS
1996 - 1998 ACURA RL
1996 - 1998 ACURA TL 3.2 Liter; 6 Cylinder Engine
1997 - 2001 HONDA CR-V
1995 - 1998 HONDA ODYSSEY
1997 - 2001 HONDA PRELUDE
1996 - 1999 ISUZU OASIS

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R4EF25DFC

Both appear to be ventilated and allegedly compatible with my 94 Acura Legend Sedan L. I found the other fitments by googling the part number. On the close-up pictures, I see more holes on the face of the disc but one of the pics says "Image May not be Application Specific" so you really can't use the pics for comparison.

Q: Any thoughts on how they could be different?

I just received a helluva deal by taking up autopartswherehouse.com's offer of pricematching any other website and gave them the URL for importrp.com so I'm not necessarily inclined to rock the boat by asking too many questions.

I think I see some sites referring to the #25464 rotor as "Brembo Sport"
Since I order the #25464 rotor, am I gettting the "right one"?

-g

Last edited by S4gunn; 04-20-06 at 06:44 PM.
S4gunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-06, 08:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
3.52 ..Chicken & Dumplins
Boxing Champion, Square Bear Reversi Champion

iTrader Score: 17 reviews
Ok this is what I now after speaking to someone at brembo .
Brembo don't make drilled slotted rotors for our car , its either drill or slotted, therefore the brembo rotors that are drilled and slotted where blank rotors that they purchased and cut them ... these rotors usually crack too. Make a choose between either. If others have other opinion that's ok
91-95 Sedan fender,3.5 RL HEADS , INTAKE MANIFOLD & FUEL RAILS ,

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...htside-124468/

https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ad.php?t=95844

Last edited by whyteLegend; 04-20-06 at 09:14 PM.
whyteLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-06, 01:32 AM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 white coupe

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Talking

I purchased the inexpensive rotors that were drilled and sloted a couple months ago. I torture my coupe. Those brakes arent that much more than cheap replacements. I am aware they arent the true brembo high end rotor, but the sure do stop in a hurry. Look for R1 on ebay. I drove over to pick them up and they charged me $180 even for all four.
smACURAssLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-06, 01:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

Guys, I'm not asking about drilled or slotted rotors. This isn't a race car and I'm not interested in the cool factor of having someone punch holes (or grooves) in my commuter car's rotors. To me, unless you are using the Legend for a track car, this is the equivilent of paying someone $150+ more for jeans which already have holes pre-worn in them.

Both of these rotors are allegedly merely "ventilated" (meaning they are not solid and have a gap between the two surfaces the outer and inner pads grip on.) Take a look at the pics in the URL and you'll see what I mean. Our OEM rotors are ventilated and our OEM rear rotors are solid (no gap w/ vanes).

Back to my question: anyone familiar with the difference in these two Brembos? The only thing I can come up with is one is unbranded (Brembo Blanks) and the other is branded.

-g
Old 04-21-06, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
MLC
LEGENDARY MEMBER

Car 1: 94 BLK/BLK COUPE
Car 2: 97 Altima GXE 5spd

My rotors are brembo/bradi crossdrilled slotted purchased them from raceconcepts. Not sure which are the front or which are the back. They both appear to be of equal quality.
JDM KA8 Headlights~McCulloch 5300k HID~Fiberglass Eyelids by PJ~JDM KA8 Door Sills~K&N Intake w/OEM CAB~Lightweight Pullies~Bayou Stage II Chip~Stromung B Pipe~Magnaflow Cat~Remus Spec Exhaust~Koni Kontrols~CL-S Type/Ventus 215/50/17~SS Brake Lines~Brembo/Bradi Rotors~DC Tie Bar~KMS Strut Bar~Addco Rear Sway Bar~S2000 Antenna~Shaved Trunk~Optima Redtop

Last edited by MLC; 04-21-06 at 02:05 PM.
MLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-06, 08:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Homers Beer Run Champion

Car 1: 1991 KA8

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4gunn
Guys, I'm not asking about drilled or slotted rotors. This isn't a race car and I'm not interested in the cool factor of having someone punch holes (or grooves) in my commuter car's rotors. To me, unless you are using the Legend for a track car, this is the equivilent of paying someone $150+ more for jeans which already have holes pre-worn in them.

Both of these rotors are allegedly merely "ventilated" (meaning they are not solid and have a gap between the two surfaces the outer and inner pads grip on.) Take a look at the pics in the URL and you'll see what I mean. Our OEM rotors are ventilated and our OEM rear rotors are solid (no gap w/ vanes).

Back to my question: anyone familiar with the difference in these two Brembos? The only thing I can come up with is one is unbranded (Brembo Blanks) and the other is branded.

-g
They are all ventilated. One thing for sure is that the Type I Legends shares the same front brake set up as the 97+ Preludes and 98+ Integra Type R's, so the rotors that you have listed could very well fit your Legend. As to why there are two part numbers, it's anyone's guess, there should really only be one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stalker
My rotors are brembo/bradi crossdrilled slotted purchased them from raceconcepts. Not sure which are the front or which are the back. They both appear to be of equal quality.
I belive they are of equal quality as well, Bradi rotors are manufactured in Italy I believe. Because Brembo does not make rotors for Type II set ups, often then not, Bradi is the replacement.
Gride_Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-06, 10:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm trying to figure out what the difference is between these two rotors:

Brembo Rotor #N1000-65488
Fits:
91-95 Legend 3.2 L 2dr
91-95 Legend 3.2 LS 2dr
91-95 Legend 3.2 Std/L 4dr
1997-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 LX 4WD
1998-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 EX 4WD
1998-2001 Honda CR-V 2.0 LX 2WD
1996 - 1998 Acura TL
Isuzu Oasis

Brembo Rotor #25464
Fits:
1997 - 2001 ACURA INTEGRA Type R (!)
1991 - 1992 ACURA LEGEND COUPE
1991 - 1993 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN
1994 - 1995 ACURA LEGEND SEDAN Excludes GS
1996 - 1998 ACURA RL
1996 - 1998 ACURA TL 3.2 Liter; 6 Cylinder Engine
1997 - 2001 HONDA CR-V
1995 - 1998 HONDA ODYSSEY
1997 - 2001 HONDA PRELUDE
1996 - 1999 ISUZU OASIS

http://makeashorterlink.com/?R4EF25DFC

Both appear to be ventilated and allegedly compatible with my 94 Acura Legend Sedan L. I found the other fitments by googling the part number. On the close-up pictures, I see more holes on the face of the disc but one of the pics says "Image May not be Application Specific" so you really can't use the pics for comparison.

Q: Any thoughts on how they could be different?

I just received a helluva deal by taking up autopartswherehouse.com's offer of pricematching any other website and gave them the URL for importrp.com so I'm not necessarily inclined to rock the boat by asking too many questions.

I think I see some sites referring to the #25464 rotor as "Brembo Sport"
Since I order the #25464 rotor, am I gettting the "right one"?

-g
It depends on your rotor(original) you should take your tire out to see if your rotor has 2 small screws on it you should buy with Brembo Rotor #N1000-65488
if you do not see the 2 small screws you can go with # 25464 or the other. my car has a 2 small screw and 5 plug. (acura legend 93 standard) 4 doors.
By the way how much they sell for you. let me know my friend. Thanks
HP
hung_143hungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 10:20 AM   #8 (permalink)

how we know real Brembo rotor pix

Hi
This is the real Brembo compare with the not real brembo. Hope this help
HP
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo7.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo8.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo2.gif  

Last edited by hung_143hungs; 04-25-06 at 11:07 AM. Reason: update pix
Old 04-25-06, 10:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Destory The Peace Champion, Empty Santas Sack Champion, Attack from the Influenza Chickens Champion, Last Man Standing: Keg Stand Champion, Kill Kitties Champion

wheres the pic??

-there it is-

Last edited by Pito11213; 04-25-06 at 10:41 AM.
Pito11213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 10:35 AM   #10 (permalink)

brembo buy from A1 concept

HI
if some one did buy from A concept this company. Please confirm do it has the stemp on the metal lip brembo on it. The reason I am asking because i saw autopartswarehouse.com. They sell brembo one has alot of hole on it and one has only 5 hole. I belive I have a car acural Legend 93 it has only 5 plug and 2 small hole to put the screw on it. Total 7 hole. hope some one confirm.Thanks
HP

Here some more pix that you can know which one is real Brembo
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo1.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo3.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo4.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo5.gif   Anyone know the difference between these two Brembo rotors?-brembo6.gif  

Last edited by hung_143hungs; 04-25-06 at 11:08 AM. Reason: add pix
Old 04-25-06, 01:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Real brembo be aware

Hi S4gun,
I know you did buy the brembo rotor on autopartswarehouse.com. Just be carefully, I speak with them. They seem make us confuse. If you receive your brembo from them it has to say brembo on the rotor. That the real one. the box has to be red. I aslo has some pix on the this website for you to see which one real or not real. So let us know my friend. A 1 concept seem they know what they sell. The price is good too
only 125 and 42.00 for shipping. You can knock them down a little if you want. They sell the brembo print on the rotor. that mean the real one
Hope this help.
HP

Last edited by hung_143hungs; 04-27-06 at 05:27 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 02:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Hung,
Thanks for the pics, I'll check it out when I get my rotors and will post some pics.

Autopartswherehouse.com matched importrp.com and maintained their free shipping deal so I ended up paying ~$73/shipped for the pair that was regularily priced at ~$104/shipped. I figured there's probably plenty of markup built into the pricing for these products and autopartswherehouse just has the mfg/distributor drop ship it to me so they never hold any inventory and can operate on slim margins.

I appreciate your concern about Brembo knockoffs but it truth, I would have been happy putting the ~$20 Duralast rotors on from Autozone. The price delta was small enough between the Duralast rotors and these Brembos for me to consider trying the "Brembo" rotors in case they were slightly better. I'm more concerned with getting rotors that fit and will stop my car vs. extracting that extra 5% performance. That's probably why I also didn't bother getting drilled and slotted rotors, either.

-g

PS. Do most rotors come with the screws you need to attach them to the hub or do I need to drop by the dealership before I put these rotors on?
Old 04-25-06, 04:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
MLC
LEGENDARY MEMBER

Car 1: 94 BLK/BLK COUPE
Car 2: 97 Altima GXE 5spd

Very nice pics Hung. What else do you weigh with that scale?LOL

raceconcepts.com sells the stamped Brembo F($135) Bradi R($125)
JDM KA8 Headlights~McCulloch 5300k HID~Fiberglass Eyelids by PJ~JDM KA8 Door Sills~K&N Intake w/OEM CAB~Lightweight Pullies~Bayou Stage II Chip~Stromung B Pipe~Magnaflow Cat~Remus Spec Exhaust~Koni Kontrols~CL-S Type/Ventus 215/50/17~SS Brake Lines~Brembo/Bradi Rotors~DC Tie Bar~KMS Strut Bar~Addco Rear Sway Bar~S2000 Antenna~Shaved Trunk~Optima Redtop
MLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-06, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

HI Gun,
If they sell for you the pair font rotor 73.00 free shipping it is a gooooood deal. When you receive your rotor please put some pix what it looks like and does it has print brembo on the rotor lip.
The rotor has 2 small screw it is just for the factury when they install the new rotor for it does not come out while they do different thing for the car. That my mechanic told me. It makes sence to me. You do not need to have that screw back if you all ready order. if you order the other one it has 9 hole on the rotor the pix they both on their website i think it comes with 2 small screws. The big concern is do they sell real the brembo rotor. We wait for you to post some pix.
I did go to that website to call and chat with them. It seem they are not sure about they sell. All they said is they sell real brembo. when i ask them what box out side looks like and does it has brembo on it. Seem they are not sure. So please, when you upload your pix with the box and the rotor like I post. Thanks
HP

Last edited by hung_143hungs; 04-25-06 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-25-06, 07:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mr. X (aka #5)
Monster Memory Champion, Border 2 Champion, Daphnes Fight For Fashion Champion, Fireman :: Incoming Storm Champion, Gas Attack! Champion, Mini Putt 2 Champion, Heineken! Champion, Odd World Champion, The Independent Compact Catch Champion, James Bomb Champion, Jet Pakker Champion, Juego Champion, Klumpy Champion, Lego Basketball Challenge Champion, Lego Snowboard Challenge Champion, Lizzie McGuire Turbo Racer Champion

Car 1: 1997 BMW 528i
Car 2: 1994 Accord Sedan EX
Car 3: 1987 Legend Coupe

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to IkeRay Send a message via MSN to IkeRay Send a message via Yahoo to IkeRay
Quote:

-g

the reason for the slots are so the surface can be clear of grim and dust/dirt, all of the dirt gets pushed into the slots. the drilled is for heat and performance. i wouldnt mind having the slotted for the factor of having really good brakes, and i wouldnt mind having the drilled for when stopping on the freeway suddenly so the brake pads dont get too hot.
IkeRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)