So, in anticipation of the arrival of new wheels (17x7.5 Work), I decided to begin the caliper paint thing this weekend. After kicking around colors for my Vineyard Grey sedan and having trouble deciding on black or red, I came up with a two-tone scheme and tried it out on the rear calipers this weekend. Will do a similar scheme on fronts next.
- 5 coats black/4 coats red on calipers
- 4 coats black on rotor hat (Brembo blanks)
- VHT 900 degreeF caliper paint ($8/can @ Autozone)
- masked and papered while mounted
- CRC brake cleaner, wire brush on drill, #1 steel wool for prep
- Hawk HPS pads with black backing, so no weirdness (like EBC Greens)