The cause of the G2 blown Head Gaskets! - Page 4 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum
 

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-12, 12:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Unhappy 93 ACK

I got a 93 Legend. Recently was driving and my radiator cracked in 2 places. The temp gauge rose but didn't go into the red. Soon that I noticed it I pulled off the road. Had to get towed. I put in a new radiator, and new antifreeze. I started it up, and the engine had a knock in it. I drove it about 5 miles. It was doing fine. Then the temp gauge began to rise. I stop, looked under the hood. The top radiator hose had expanded, but their was no antifreezing going into the reservoir. I had to crack the radiator top to relieve the pressure. So I left the radiator top cracked until I got it back in the yard. Haven't checked anything else. Gets dark early now. Have anybody had this problem?
terrence27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-22-12, 08:37 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 22


Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend
Car 2: 2014 BMW 328d
Car 3: 2002 Chevy Suburban


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sap View Post
Now that's good information!

... the post directly under the one you copied explains *exactly* what CTL was describing and what I agree with.
Agree. Well done, sir.
Geotrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-12, 08:40 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Erie, CO
Posts: 22


Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend
Car 2: 2014 BMW 328d
Car 3: 2002 Chevy Suburban


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence27 View Post
I got a 93 Legend. Recently was driving and my radiator cracked in 2 places. The temp gauge rose but didn't go into the red. Soon that I noticed it I pulled off the road. Had to get towed. I put in a new radiator, and new antifreeze. I started it up, and the engine had a knock in it. I drove it about 5 miles. It was doing fine. Then the temp gauge began to rise. I stop, looked under the hood. The top radiator hose had expanded, but their was no antifreezing going into the reservoir. I had to crack the radiator top to relieve the pressure. So I left the radiator top cracked until I got it back in the yard. Haven't checked anything else. Gets dark early now. Have anybody had this problem?
2 things going on here:

1/ Excess pressure building up in the system and not being vented properly through the radiator cap, so fix that with a new cap as step #1.
2/ Need to figure out why you have excess pressure in the system. A common cause with these engines: a bad head gasket allowing combustion gases into the cooling system and causing pressure build-up.

Best,
Dave
Geotrash is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 10-27-12, 11:07 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: new jersey
Posts: 16


Car 1: acura legend


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
nice post, very helpful info and details with the pics!!!
2020black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 11:10 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: new jersey
Posts: 16


Car 1: acura legend


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
my bad, i posted in the wrong thread
2020black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-12, 11:11 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: new jersey
Posts: 16


Car 1: acura legend


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
nice post my man, very helpful
2020black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-12, 10:29 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: new jersey
Posts: 2


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What kind of bolts are used on the cylinder head? I need two to do a head gasket job on my g2. Does anybody know what tools I'll need and how long it takes?

Last edited by 4HondaOwner; 04-19-13 at 06:04 AM.
kaydog8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-12, 05:50 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Chandler AZ
Posts: 26


Car 1: 94 legend
Car 2: 90 H22 accord
Car 3: 96 integra


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaydog8 View Post
Wat kind of bolts r used on cylinder head I need 2 du a head gasket job on my g2 or does anybody no wat tools ill need and how long it takes
I would not recomend you doing this.

I have never done a head gasket on a legend but I have done them on alot of other hondas. The last headgasket was on a 2000 accord with the J30 v6. I was able to do the headgasket, timing belt , waterpump and all the other good stuff in 12 hours. This was in my driveway with mostly hand tools.
Thepowderblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 10:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 11


Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend LS


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Going to try this. I'm not savvy, but these forums are helping out a lot. I've been browsing for about a year, and I wanted to say thanks for all the awesome DIYs. They have saved me a lot of money.
psych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-13, 10:52 AM   #55 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by psych View Post
Going to try this. I'm not savvy, but these forums are helping out a lot. I've been browsing for about a year, and I wanted to say thanks for all the awesome DIYs. They have saved me a lot of money.
Welcome and your welcome.
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 01:10 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 34


Car 1: 91' Legend Coupe


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
When the pipe gets clogged it let's heat build up cause the back of the intake is clogged which traps heat on the back so cylinder 3 and 6 will blow. We don't have mls gaskets on our cars. You would have to pull intake and clean it. The egr block off will not hurt the engine but will effect your emissions and depend on where you live could be illegal
I really wish I could fly you out to North Carolina and have you work on my car you have all the answers! Every time I do I break bolts
__________________
91 Legend Coupe L 145k miles
Rob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-13, 12:03 PM   #57 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob H. View Post
I really wish I could fly you out to North Carolina and have you work on my car you have all the answers! Every time I do I break bolts
lol well the answers arent mine they are on here and ive own legends since 93 but i may make out your way when i get some free time. NALM will be in NC in august.
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 09:57 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 34


Car 1: 91' Legend Coupe


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
lol well the answers arent mine they are on here and ive own legends since 93 but i may make out your way when i get some free time. NALM will be in NC in august.
Awesome man, if you do let me know for sure. i just got new exhaust put on my coupe

do you know if the seats out of a 4 door legend will fit the coupe? coupe seats are much harder to find
__________________
91 Legend Coupe L 145k miles
Rob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 10:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
Fut RIP
 
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 10-A-KEY
Posts: 10,147


Car 1: 91 Alpha/Alpha Touring KA7
Car 2: 92 Alpha/ AlphaT KA8
Car 3: 91L,93LS,94LS KA7's


iTrader Score: 39 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob H. View Post
Awesome man, if you do let me know for sure. i just got new exhaust put on my coupe

do you know if the seats out of a 4 door legend will fit the coupe? coupe seats are much harder to find
well they will not fit without a lil modding. best bet is to have them recovered or keep checking your local parts yard.
__________________

Yes im back! Alpha/AlphaTouring!https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...ang%2Fjdm-kang
Originally Posted by Blackend
Good to meet you too Willie. I tell ya, when we were walking the Auto-X course and you guys started pulling in, I had no idea who it was until I saw the green machine and we're all like "ooohhhh, that's Willie and the Acuraholicks!"

Glad you guys made it out, and nice meeting all of you.
L3GDKANG/JDMKANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-13, 10:07 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 34


Car 1: 91' Legend Coupe


iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by L3GDKANG/JDMKANG View Post
well they will not fit without a lil modding. best bet is to have them recovered or keep checking your local parts yard.
ok thank was thinking id have to change the brackets too
__________________
91 Legend Coupe L 145k miles
Rob H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
© AutoGuide