Cluster/Speedo Replacement DIY - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-13-09, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Its come to my attention that none of my pictures ever show the cluster completely disassembled which has lead to confusion over exactly what bits get removed and which bits remain. As such, heres a picture of things pulled apart.

As you can see, the odometer, trip mileage, light tree and door indicator all remain original after this swap.

Any possibility a mod could toss that at the bottom of the OP and move this to the DIY section? Thanks.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-09, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Legend Coupe
Car 2: 1993 Legend Sedan
Car 3: 2003 Volvo S60 2.4T

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Tip

I just wanted to add one tip to this great right up.

If you seem to be struggling getting your cluster out from behind the steering wheel, remember to telescope the steering will out to the furthest from the dash setting.
scorchingeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-09, 09:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
bravo!!
kudos my good man..
simple yet priceless info...
thank you so much for the info
Homeboyx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-21-09, 11:40 AM   #19 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Legend SE

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thnx man I needed this!
Found a new cluster cover, and have done all of those first steps not long ago.
Question... I just heard that the clear cover is not made to be removed from the cluster even though it has 2 screws that would suggest otherwise?...
I could swear when I took mine off it was the bottom that got stuck and I just pulled on the wrong spot a little to hard when I shoulda pulled from the bottom center and it would not have cracked.
I just wanted to screw a new plastic cover onto my existing cluster which would take 5min...
Is that possible without breaking it? Or do i have to reinstall a visor with cover attached in order to have a new cover over my gages?
Seriously I know this sounds simple, but if I could just screw on another clear cover it would be 10X simpler for my newbie self.
LEGENDARYSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-09, 08:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
***ned

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Dude, who installed your alarm???
1_Hot_Legend_LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-09, 09:52 AM   #21 (permalink)
Insert key, crank, BHG.

Car 1: '92 LS "December"
Car 2: 6MT Canterbury Coupe

iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEGENDARYSE View Post
Thnx man I needed this!
Found a new cluster cover, and have done all of those first steps not long ago.
Question... I just heard that the clear cover is not made to be removed from the cluster even though it has 2 screws that would suggest otherwise?...
I could swear when I took mine off it was the bottom that got stuck and I just pulled on the wrong spot a little to hard when I shoulda pulled from the bottom center and it would not have cracked.
I just wanted to screw a new plastic cover onto my existing cluster which would take 5min...
Is that possible without breaking it? Or do i have to reinstall a visor with cover attached in order to have a new cover over my gages?
Seriously I know this sounds simple, but if I could just screw on another clear cover it would be 10X simpler for my newbie self.
You mean you're going to replace the clear cover without the black part its attached to. I'd just pull that plastic cover off, its four things you push in and it pulls off, then unscrew those screws holding the clear plastic in place and slowly pry. Keep your eyes open and I'm sure you'll figure it out one way or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS View Post
Dude, who installed your alarm???
Ha. Is it bad? One of my brothers friends for cheap. I feel like thats a good job. The job in my coupe on the other hand is pretty ghetto. The brain and wires go every where when I take that driver kick panel off.

I think OEM is the best look. I just don't happen to think any of the various arrangements of OEM got it exactly right all at once
Pinyix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)