Crank Pully Holder - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-07-05, 01:36 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Crank Pully Holder

Has anyone used this? or is it waste of money?

http://www.thetoolnetwork.com/crank_pully_holder.html

Or any other no-risk (no damage on pully) method to loosen crank pully nut for T-belt change etc.. I am kind of stuck...

Thank you in advance.
LV_legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-05, 04:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
get a long breaker bar and rest it on the battery... then turn the key so the car barely starts to crank. It'll come loose.
Ballistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 04:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I would have to say that crank tool wouldn't work on the Acura and Honda products. You need a special crank tool for Acura and Honda products. I bought this tool of the net, and with shipping I didn't pay more than $35 for it. Its a good investment! I tried the previous suggestion in this post with the starter and breaker bar on my Honda Accord, but it didn't work. I'm not going to try it on the legend. I have to change the timing belt and water pump when I finish up the head gasket on this vehicle. This tool should work just fine.

Jay
acurarsxguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-05, 09:02 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car 1: 92' White Sedan

Send a message via AIM to knucks3man
That tools does look like it would work if you attached a decent sized bar to the end and have someone hold it in place while you crank on the bolt.

I used the started method to do mine, bt I think that tool would work. Kind of expensive though....
knucks3man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks bunch! All

That is what I thought, due to the offset of our legend's crank pully, the u shape plane tool doesn't seem to work well.

Acurarsxguy,

where did you get the tool? web-address you can give? I would be more then willing to shell out 35bucks as long as it works and save my time.

As to starter method, it seems valid for "loosening" nut, But I still need to hold pully to tighten the nut back to spec torque. Thus, I still need some tool.....

Thank you
Old 06-07-05, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Sales Guido

Car 1: 1993 Frost White Legend Coupe L
Car 2: 2008 Land Rover LR2

When I swapped my pulley I borrowed a spanner wrench from my local Acura dealer. I know all the guys there really well, so I'm sure it's something they wouldn't normally have done.

The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred. - Soichiro Honda

UNDER CONSTRUCTION 8/20/06
THE UNVEILING: 2007 Tri-State Meet
SuperCoupe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 05:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992

Send a message via AIM to GSteg
Quote:
Originally Posted by LV_legend

As to starter method, it seems valid for "loosening" nut, But I still need to hold pully to tighten the nut back to spec torque. Thus, I still need some tool.....

Khoerling and I did the starter method on my car and got the bolt off. What we did to tighten it back up was with one of us holding one of the accessory pulley while the other one would try to tighten the crank pulley bolt. We don't know what the spec was after we torqued it on because we were using my breaker bar. After miles and miles, the bolt is still on tight and nothing came loose.

But if the little bolt thing is cheap, might as well get it.
Old 06-07-05, 05:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994-95 gs sedans

Check out my Head Gasket D.I.Y. post and there is a link in there for the tool.
The_Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-05, 06:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

Hello!

After a few hours of web surfing + visits to local part shop: autozone, pepboys, murrays, I found the following one too! it is even cheaper, anyone have ever ordered from them?
(by the way, non of autozone, pepboys, murrays, carry such kind of special tools...)

Cheaper! : http://www.autopart.com/TOOLS/TOOLSMAIN/tool/T_A812.htm

Ice_Man's : http://www.thetoolwarehouse.net/shop/SP-60100.html

I think, if it is just 24bucks, each one of us should own one as a symbol of being legend owner... Joke!

As long as any forum members can give me any buying experience about www.autopart.com, I will go ahead and order one from them. If there is any negative rating, or well, I would go with Ice_man's suggestion.

Thank you and have great day!
Old 06-08-05, 07:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
:)

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
I have ordered from autopart.com and had a great experence. No problems at all, shipping was fast. I will probably be ordering that tool as well, I have been looking for one cheap.
pjslegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)