Does your Legend crank but does not start? Here's a DIY diagnostic procedure - Page 2 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-07, 09:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

Car 1: 3.5L 1991 LS Coupe 5 Spd Blk/Blk
Car 2: 1999 Acura 3.5RL
Car 3: 2004 GMC Sierra Z71

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mike Diaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_elliot View Post
hey, thanks! i've been suffering some problems with my Legend..
Did you get her fixed up? What's it doing?
Mike Diaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-07, 01:41 AM   #17 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Ok everyone, today is one of those days... Earlier I found this site because I was looking for an ignition switch problem that just happened to me earlier today. My Legend was working fine this morning and at lunch, but when I went to crank it after work the ignition started acting funny. basically the car wont turn any dash lights (batt., srs, etc. on) the on position but if I crank it all the way with the clutch off the dash comes on! if I push the clutch in the car starts, but when I let go of the key, off again!?? can you all help.
92Akura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-07, 11:40 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Akura View Post
Ok everyone, today is one of those days... Earlier I found this site because I was looking for an ignition switch problem that just happened to me earlier today. My Legend was working fine this morning and at lunch, but when I went to crank it after work the ignition started acting funny. basically the car wont turn any dash lights (batt., srs, etc. on) the on position but if I crank it all the way with the clutch off the dash comes on! if I push the clutch in the car starts, but when I let go of the key, off again!?? can you all help.
That sounds like the electrical part of the ignition switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HM91CPE View Post
You do not have to replace the part of the ignition switch that is keyed. You only replace the electrical part that is held on the back by two screws.

The replacement procedure can be found in the Online Service Manual which is in this forum. Access the manual and go to page 23-86 for test and install procedures.

http://www.acuraautomotiveparts.org/

Go to the above URL: for Acura Carland, put in the correct car/model info and select combination switch. That will take you to a diagrahm with a number of switches. I believe that item 11 is what you want. Part number 351390-SP0-305. List for $65.85 & their price $52.68 (plus shipping). It is not called an "ignition switch", but the position and appearance looks right. Maybe someone can verify the part number. I no longer have the receipt for the one that I bought.

Howard

Old 09-07-07, 04:06 AM   #19 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Geo Storm
Car 2: 1990 BMW 325i
Car 3: 1993 Lexus SC400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Diaz View Post
That sounds like the electrical part of the ignition switch.
A quick way to ensure it's the ign switch is to jumper +12v to the starter solenoid fuse terminal in the drivers kick panel. Assuming the ign key is in the ON position and the dash lights are illuminated, it should fire right up.
mmmchickenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-07, 07:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
94 6MT KA7_8

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I noticed you advised checking the fuses under the hood Mike, but I just wanted to add that today I had an engine-will-rotate-but-will-not-start problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse under the dash! Easily fixed, thank goodness..

Need discount software? Check out www.CheapAntiVirus.com!
VDM GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-07, 09:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM GS View Post
I noticed you advised checking the fuses under the hood Mike, but I just wanted to add that today I had an engine-will-rotate-but-will-not-start problem and it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse under the dash! Easily fixed, thank goodness..
Thanks, I added it to the original post.
Old 09-12-07, 03:12 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDM GS View Post
I had that same problem too, only that it was after the car died on the highway (apparently it's not the same as a freeway) at 50 or so. Lucky it was in the morning when it happened
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 11:08 AM   #23 (permalink)

Sometimes my engine light is on more times than not. My car starts but when i get to piont B try 2 crank it up it might not start. I have to let it sit for few mins then it starts WTF.
brooklynguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-07, 12:40 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roar View Post
I had that same problem too, only that it was after the car died on the highway (apparently it's not the same as a freeway) at 50 or so. Lucky it was in the morning when it happened
ignition switch most likely
Old 09-12-07, 12:41 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynguy01 View Post
Sometimes my engine light is on more times than not. My car starts but when i get to piont B try 2 crank it up it might not start. I have to let it sit for few mins then it starts WTF.
Main relay most likely.
Old 09-14-07, 04:21 AM   #26 (permalink)

I thought so too, but everything was fine when I checked it, and it turned out to be the fuel pump relay in the end
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-07, 08:32 AM   #27 (permalink)

If all else fails, your main relay is good, and you are getting power back to the fuel pump, but it still doesn't work, do what my mechanic did.

remove the fuel pump, tap it with a hammer a few times, re-install it, then listen to your baby purr.
wolphensteinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-07, 11:06 PM   #28 (permalink)

Car 1: White 91 KA8 5spd W/3.5, TII Cams & Manifold
Car 2: White 91 KA8 JDM TII

iTrader Score: 45 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Telion Send a message via MSN to Telion Send a message via Yahoo to Telion
I don't remember if the service manual hit on this topic but make sure all teh coil packs are tightened down well.
3.5 TwinTurbo,TII springs & manifold,Telion Chip, HID's, D2 coilovers,Addco bars,TII calipers,RH C2's,R.J. shifter, 3"exhaust, hiflow cat,StageIII clutch,S&D rotors,KVR pads,Blackend damper,CF hood,AFC NEO,AEM FIC,Aluminum pulley,C&R Racing radiator,Garrett T3/T4 Turbos,Tial wastegates,Topfuel BOV,Fujita filters & Prosport guages. Pretty damn fast and far from done.
Telion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-07, 03:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

In this page you can see that all coil packs are coneccted to fuse 25 or 26. with the yellow black cable. This connection is made in the connector at the located near the passenger side timing belt cover.

I have had troube with this connector (on a NSX but this is simular connector)
Cees-Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-07, 07:09 PM   #30 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend

Fuses

So how about a situation where the fuel pump fuse in the kick box has no juice going to it yet the fuse itself is fine. Is this a sure sign that the relay is at fault?
SuperADHman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)