Does your Legend crank but does not start? Here's a DIY diagnostic procedure - Page 5 - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Ľ Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-17-09, 02:21 PM   #61 (permalink)

Car 1: 1995 Acura Legend GS

iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Roger
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP View Post
I had the same issue, it was the EFI relay. Honda did a horrible thing and put a relay next to the battery and radiator...guess what kills electrical parts more than anything...HEAT!
Now if we can just get a law passed to make all relay covers clear I think it would make life easier on the world!

Mine turned out to be dry solder bonds on the main relay, applied some new solder and problem fixed!

1995 Legend GS (sherwood Green)
My ride
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/608014
Roger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-09, 07:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Car 1: 1991 Legend L
Car 2: 92 LS JDM T2 eng & T

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I have several extra ignition switches if any one needs one. I have them on Ebay right now for $28 free shipping. I can get damn near anything for a type one so let me know.
Old 06-30-09, 01:43 PM   #63 (permalink)
GS/LS Conversion

Car 1: 1995 L Sedan
Car 2: 1995 Ls Coupe

iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Mine turned out to be dry solder bonds on the main relay, applied some new solder and problem fixed!
I will try and replace mines and see how it turns out. wish me luck. LOL.

Old 07-10-09, 11:38 AM   #64 (permalink)

1992 Acura Legend cranks/won't start

After driving approx 5 miles I noticed steam coming from under the hood. Drove the car home and let it cool over night and the next morning cranked the car to find the problem. Found a busted heater hose and replaced it. When attempting to crank the car again it would turn over rapidly but not attempt to start. Read this thread and checked for loose vacuum lines, fuses etc as suggested but found nothing wrong. This is the first time in the 14 years I have owned the car that it would not start. What could I have done to cause this problem? I am a novice mechanic (very novice) so I had the car towed to a repair shop. The owner/mechanic said there was no spark to the plugs nor current to the fuel pump but he cannot find the problem. He has had the car over a week and still can't diagnose the problem. It seems odd to me that an experienced mechanic cannot find the problem in this length of time. What do you guys think? Also, in the event I have to have the car towed back to my house is there a reset switch that needs to be reset in the event the car gets too hot? I know it's most likely a dumb question.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-09, 12:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
attitudereflectleadership

Car 1: 1995 acura legend
Car 2: 99 camaro SS 6 speed

ok , how about every one post their solved problem
the gold version is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-09, 05:48 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_Legend_LS View Post
One thing to add:

With the ignition switch in the on position both the Check Engine MIL and the D4 (on Auto models) should come on for 3-5 seconds then go out. If the Check Engine MIL Stays on and the D4 light does not come on at all, the main relay is faulty.
This is what has been happening to my old 93 LS ( I sold it yesterday with a BHG and apparently a faulty relay ) but by turning the key from Accessory 1 to On repeatedly the D4 light will eventually light up and presto the car fires right up.
BHG:( is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 11:53 PM   #67 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend KA8
Car 2: 2002 Dodge Ram 1500
Car 3: 2009 Cadillac DTS

A few times the car would not turn off. I had to make the block and then it turned off. (I guess she wasn't ready to go home). This issue hasn't happen in two months. Can't figure this one out. I pulled every fuse etc. and it just didn't want to quit.
chronic coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 01:31 AM   #68 (permalink)

Car 1: 1994 Acura Legend L

I had a main relay problem. The D4 light wasn't coming on and there was no click from the relay, of course the car would turn but not fire. I put in a brand new relay and she fires up instantly every time and runs perfectly. One problem, D4 light never came back on. Any ideas? Runs and shifts perfectly.
blitzkrieg75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-10, 08:39 PM   #69 (permalink)

Car 1: 91 legend sedan
Car 2: TT300zx Z32...someda

I Need Some HELP, PLEASE!
okay, so i bought a 91 legend with a BHG and yesterday I finished the job and went to start the car up and it started right away. It was fine for about 10 seconds then it started to have a fluctuating idle like it did before repairing the HG. I am not sure if the car was doing this before because of the bad HG or other reason that still occurs, but anyways i went to rev the engine a little and it stalled and wouldnt start again. I tried to start it again today and it started right up and had the same problems as yesterday and stalled.
What should i check.
could vac hoses be hooked up wrong cause this?
cracked block?
bad sensors?
I am only 16 but I am very confident i put everything back together correctly with labels.
I have all my money invested and need to get this car running.
any advise or suggestions is very appreciated.
Thanks
acuralegend-z32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-10, 08:45 PM   #70 (permalink)

I'm new to this site and I've been having a problem with my 94 legend ls, where it is cranking, turning over but not starting. I recently had it in the shop and had the fuel pump and main relay changed. I got the car back today and after getting home, I turned it off and tried starting it but the same problem again--cranking, turning over but no start. I would really appreciate any help I been immobile for about 1 week and its starting to get pricey. Thanks.
Simbolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 12:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

Car 1: 92 legend w/ 3.5 build and 5-speed conv. And fresh paintjob and RL interior *in progress
Car 2: 95 LS w/ type II

It will always help to check compression. I had 60 psi in my whole drivers side head and thought it was a bhg, once I took the heads off found out it was a warped block.
Gene_TypeII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-10, 12:35 PM   #72 (permalink)

Car 1: 92 legend w/ 3.5 build and 5-speed conv. And fresh paintjob and RL interior *in progress
Car 2: 95 LS w/ type II

simbolic, Your fuel filter or fuel lines are clogged...
Gene_TypeII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-10, 05:02 PM   #73 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 Acura Legend L Canterbury green

I'm thinking of just taking my Legend to Acura and giving them a piece of paper with all the issues written down...pay them for a diagnostics and just have them fix it all. I'm not real handy with DIY and ive never soldered a thing in my life lol. I wonder how much it would run me to have Acura dealership mech fix the main relay and speed sensor.....hmmm. probably an arm and a leg but i'd surely mess it up if i did it myself
Castratikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 12:04 AM   #74 (permalink)

Car 1: 1990 Acura Legend

awesome, thanks! (;
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-10, 09:38 PM   #75 (permalink)

Car 1: 1992 Acura Legend Sedan

So I showed up to my friends house and parked in his driveway, his driveway is at a slope. So when I tried to turn on the car, it wouldnt even crank for more than a second.. So we wait 20 minutes, thinking it was my new main relay gone bad. so his mom has to take her car out of the garage, so we push my car into the street. 5 minutes later i decide to try turnin the car again, and next thing I know, it turns on. Im guessing it might have somethin to do with the slope the car was in, the gas tank, and the fact that I only had less than 1/4 tank of gas. but im not so sure what it was. anyone have any ideas of what it couldve been?
AvertheLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)