eClutchmaster - BUYER BEWARE - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum
Acura Legend Forum Acura Legend Forum

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)

Acura-Legend.com is the premier Acura Legend Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-02, 02:02 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
eClutchmaster - BUYER BEWARE

Greetings Fellow Legend Owners

Many of you know that I did a sucessful clutch job on my 95 LS 6 speed Coupe using a Clutchmasters Stage II kit. Could not be happier.

WELL...

A close friend of mine ordered a stage II clutch kit from eClutchmasters (Clutchmasters and eClutchmasters are two totally separate companies) for her 95 LS 6 speed coupe and I did the work.

The eClutchmaster's friction disc (aka clutch disk, disk) is a 6 puck disc, however, the hub unit was not an identical match to the OE clutch disc. The hub itself was shorter on the engine side (which doesn't make too much of a difference, however, it lacked the inset groove which accomodates the larger midpoint of the the trans shaft. I, myself, contacted eClutchmasters and explained the difference and they promised me up and down how the clutch disc does not have to look the same at all and that is exactly how racing clutches are (well, that obviously is bullshe~ite, cause Clutchmasters had a OE looking clutch disc hub).

First off. I explained who I was and what step I was in the installation to describe the problem I was experiencing - right there the shop guy starts to chuckle and say, oh my gosh, you installed it!

I said, "are you trying to question my mechanical aptitude?" to which he say - here we go, geez, why are you complaining - she received the correct clutch kit for the application.

To those who haven't thought of the basic concept of a manual transmission I will try to explain it below....

basically the clutch gets disengaged from the flywheel via the input you provide to the clutch pedal. Pressure from the clutch master cylinder travels to the slave cylinder wich applies pressure to the clutch fork. The clutch fork will grab the trans side of the throwout bearing which inturn - the engine side of the throwout bearing pulls back (toward the trans) on the fingers of the pressure plate which inturn takes the pressure off the clutch disc so that it no longer is in contact with the flywheel.

Anyways, eClutchmasters insulted my mechanical aptitude by suggesting that perhaps the installation was done in error and suggested that I should have a certified Acura mechanic install the product.

So, I said, "and if I do bring the vehicle to acura and they find the same problem I'm having, who will pay the bill, and eclutchmaster's said - I would!"

So, I bought a new OE clutch disc for her and used eClutchmasters pressure plate and throwout bearing and guess what - the operation of the clutch is seamless and smooth.

Bottom line, eClutchmasters will not even so much as contemplate the fact that Angela could have been shipped the wrong clutch disc and said that we have shipped plenty kits to Legend 6 speed owners and I am the first of ever complain.

Those people piss me off and now Angela is out $475.00. They won't answer the phone and they haven't responded to my email traffic - so Legend owner BEWARE!

Oh, and she paid them with funds already in her Paypal account and she paid them and they shipped 20 days later. So her payment is past the 30 days that Paypal requires to do an investigation.

KNLNGUS.

My apologies for the long winded email - I am just very frustrated and Angela specifically wanted everyone on the forum that I am a member of to to be aware of her experience with eClutchmasters so that they do not experience the same.
KNLNGUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-02, 04:06 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car 1: 2001 VW Jetta 1.8T WE
Car 2: 2002 Honda S2000

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Thumbs up

Very very informative this is something anyone who is contemplating swapping their clutches should bookmark.

Contact me if you need the following:
Alpine CHA-S634 Changer
https://www.acura-legend.com/vbulleti...hanger-132692/
HELM Factory Shop/Electrical Manual
Sedan Type-F floor mats
Driver Side seat (free)
Throttle Body
Avarice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-02, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car 1: 1993 LS Coupe, 6 Speed

That sux man...

Makes me think twice about ordering an aftermarket clutch now...
Mckenzie93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-02, 02:37 PM   #4 (permalink)

Well, just be carefull who you do business with. Especially since there is a huge difference in the clutch of a 5 speed vs a 6 speed (oe 5 speed is sprung and oe 6 speed is not) - we have a dual mass flywheel and the 5 speeds do not.

Anyways, Clutchmasters is the company I used - costs some 975.00 USD and other AFM clutch companies will be about the same. No eClutchmasters - they are a joke and I will not EVER give them ANY business. I do see that they are also heavily into Ebay and have 12 negatives. I do believe there clutches (wich are ACT) are made well - but they do make mistakes - and will shift blame away from them and have an (and I will quote them), "Oh, Well, I don't know what you want me to tell you, all sales are final and there are no exchanges or refunds - you knew this!" attitude.

Well, ONE - I didn't order it myself and Angela wasn't told about this policy. In the box they shipped the kit to her - there was a slip of paper that did say, "All sales are final, no exchanges or refunds." However, she was not told this up front - and the company IS BULLSHE~ITE!!!!!

KNLNGUS

Here is my Bottom Line - they won't get my business EVER!
KNLNGUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum > Acura Legend > Second Generation Legend (1991-1995)